Jack sparrow....

TheDisneyQueen

Original Poster
Does anyone know how the Walt Disney world college is? I was just wondering? By the way what do u guys think about johnny depp not winning for Jack sparrow in POTC??? He should have in my opinion!

Jack sparrow is so cute!
Good job disney!
If u can dream it u can do it!
JohnnyGOLDEN1.jpg

I LOVE DISNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Disney Queen!

JBSLJames

1. No Clue.
2. I thought Depp was great and I really enjoyed the film altogether, but that was the Golden Globes. I think he is up for an Oscar on 2/29/04. Do I think he will win???? Probably not. DO I think he should win??? Probably not. Great Movie none-the-less.

TheDisneyQueen

Original Poster
Well i am trying to stay positive I mean he is Captain Jack Sparrow after all i think he does deserve sumthing for making me laugh that hard through out the movie!!
"Weddings? I love weddings!Drinks all around!"
Captain JACK SPARROW RULES!
JohnnyGOLDEN1.jpg

Moustronaut

hmmmm why am i having MaElStRoM flashbacks...

Anyway don't think he's got a decent shot at winning given the other competition. Just my 2 cents. But my wife would love if he did.

bucklmd

I don't know about the Disney College, but I'd love to talk about Jack Sparrow! I just saw POTC last weekend and ever since then I've had a major thing for Johnny Depp. Wow! All I can say is "Wow!" And, then I watched the movie "Blow" the other night with him too. More "Wows." Anyway, do I think he will win an Oscar? I doubt it. The movies that non-movie critics like are usually the ones that don't win. I don't know squat about good acting or screenplay or directing, blah, blah, blah. But, I do know that I really enjoyed POTC and thought Jack Sparrow was really funny and pretty freakin' hot for a pirate!

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by TheDisneyQueen
Well i am trying to stay positive I mean he is Captain Jack Sparrow after all i think he does deserve sumthing for making me laugh that hard through out the movie!!
"Weddings? I love weddings!Drinks all around!"
Captain JACK SPARROW RULES!
JohnnyGOLDEN1.jpg

His performance was great and very funny. Unfortunatly the academy award board doesn't really reward those kinds of performances as much. I think his role and acting MADE that movie what it is... especially his impromtu acting. He is funny (and I am sure the ladies think he is cute). :rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
Ummmm, there is no college at WDW.
There is a college PROGRAM, however.

Oh, and Depp, although I am pulling for him, has very little shot at the Oscar. It'll be Penn or Murray.

Atta83

If you wanna know more about the college program go to www.wdwcollegeprogram.com and ther eyou can find all your answers. If you need to ask anymore questions go ahead an instant message me on AIM or e-mail me. I am a former WDWCP (Walt Disney World College Program) who is now seasonal with the company. So you if you got any questions just ask.
Atta

savannahsmiles

I have never been all about Johnny Depp. I think he is good looking and all, but he wasn't one of my favorites. Until........

He appeared as Captain Jack Sparrow!!!!:slurp: :sohappy: :slurp:

Now I love him!!

Didn't you love how they incorporated the Pirates of the Carribean ride into the movie??

BeachClub

Disney College is for travel agents only. It is to inform them of the Disney packages and all good things Disney has to offer so they can learn to sell it properly.

And yes, I agree Depp was great, but I think he doesnt stand a chance. Nevertheless...I loved him in that movie....saaaaavy?

KISSES !!:slurp:

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by NashvilleMouse
He is funny (and I am sure the ladies think he is cute). :rolleyes:

:lol: You got that right mister! :lol: I've loved him since Edward Scissorhands but POTC put me over the top :D I WISH he could win but I know he's not because the Academy does not work that way :mad: it's a shame too because he was phenomenal in his role..I just saw the movie :lol: so it's fresh in my memory.

tigsmom

I have never been a fan of his, but I have to admit that without him the movie wouldn't be half as good.

Oscar talk started right away...you never know who they'll vote for.

NashvilleMouse

Originally posted by tigsmom
I have never been a fan of his, but I have to admit that without him the movie wouldn't be half as good.

Oscar talk started right away...you never know who they'll vote for.

Yeah but it will be tough to top Murray or Penn. If Depp wins, I will drink one of your 'contraptions'. :lol: :lookaroun

LuciferKitty

If you are refering to the Disney college internship program, I have not personally experienced it, but a good friend of mine did it. He was required to stay in the Disney Dorm housing, and to put it bluntly, he said it was nothing but a semester-long drunken orgy.:eek: He did say that he enjoyed the actual *job*, however. Oh, and it's not just for hospitality majors; my friend was a psych major.

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by LuciferKitty
and to put it bluntly, he said it was nothing but a semester-long drunken orgy.:eek:

hmph...sounds like regular college...which makes sense, i guess, since it's college students doing the college program.

Oh, and it's not just for hospitality majors; my friend was a psych major.

from my understanding, anyone can do the college program. there's a teacher at my high school who did it, and she was an art education/graphic design major. i think she said she worked at the Main St. Bakery, but i'm not sure. it's been a while since i talked to her about it.

btw, to any of you 'newer' Johnny Depp fans (as in, those of you who have not yet be able to discover some of his earlier work), i highly recommend Benny and Joon, if you have not yet seen it. it's definately one of my favorites with Johnny! Chocolat is REALLY good too...a classic! for you fellow ladies out there, he's incredibly romantic in Chocolat, and completely irresistable! it's a must see for sure! and What's Eating Gilbert Grape is very touching, and another that i would recommend :)
as for him winning the Oscar...um, not really sure what catagory he up for...but seeing as you all are saying Penn might win, i assume it's Best Actor. in that case, odds look slim for Johnny. my guess would be that Penn is the favorite in that catagory this year; although, i personally prefer Johnny over Sean any day. but did Murray win the Globe over Sean? i can't remember...all i cared about that night was LotR and how well it would do. don't get me wrong, i adore Johnny, and i was rooting for him too, but i really didn't expect him to win. i mean, his performance was awesome, as it usually is, but just can't see it winning any awards. besides, even though Johnny is one of the best actors of his generation, imo he's quite often overlooked...too often, in fact. heck, i was impressed that he was even nominated for Pirates! i wish he would win, but i don't really look for it to happen. :(

aim

I loved how they put stuff from the ride there. And if you get a chance, get the DVD of it and listen to the commentary! Jonny and some one else talks about the movie. And Jonny talks about the tie ins to the ride. It was pretty neat.

JBSLJames

Watched the DVD with my kids (suprisingly not spooked by the "Cursed Skeletons) and we watched the Disneyland opening of POTC the ride. Although pretty corny in its production, the kids liked it and look forward to riding it at MK.

As for Murray vs Penn vs Depp. Murray did win the Globe for best actor in a comedy. Penn won for best actor in a drama, and Depp won for best hat in the audience. Since the Oscars do not break out Comedy from Drama, Murray, Penn, Depp, Ghandi, and a few others are up for the naked gold dude.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom