I've hit the wall where there is nothing left to do...

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Hi all,

I've hit the wall. The wall where there isn't anything more left to do...and yet...the trip is close but still far away. 41 days to be exact. Ugh...this is the hard part now. Once I get the travel docs, the suitcases come out and things start to go in!!! But until then...I wait.

What do you do during this time?

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hi all,

I've hit the wall. The wall where there isn't anything more left to do...and yet...the trip is close but still far away. 41 days to be exact. Ugh...this is the hard part now. Once I get the travel docs, the suitcases come out and things start to go in!!! But until then...I wait.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Well you don't want the time to go too fast... I know when I'm nearing the end of my trip, I am always wishing I was back to the waiting period and counting down the days. It really is a big part of the excitement! :D

Upvote 0

MITCH 112198

I start my new list for 4 people of what needs to be brought, and read these forums everyday to keep up, and people get bored with me talking about it every minute of every day.

Upvote 0

Kelsybelle

Around this time I get the luggage out and start shopping! It's also a great time to buy your toiletries and get those tucked away in your suitcases. How exciting for you! :)

Upvote 0

Doombuggy13

Yup, I'm spinning my wheels too. Now at the 45 day mark. Traditionally, this is the day I call to make the final payment. This year I was fortunate enought to be able to pay our trip off early. Now that our 45 day "Payoff the Disney Trip Day" is officially here.... Nothing to do. (except work).

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Yup, I'm spinning my wheels too. Now at the 45 day mark. Traditionally, this is the day I call to make the final payment. This year I was fortunate enought to be able to pay our trip off early. Now that our 45 day "Payoff the Disney Trip Day" is officially here.... Nothing to do. (except work).

I usually like having my trip paid off early, but this year I purposely said I was going to make the final payment on the 45 day mark so I have something to look forward to! 45 day mark is next Wednesday 8/8 and I cannot wait!!! After that, I wait for my Mickey Mail!!!!! :D

Upvote 0

disney magic 06

Not long to go now! At that stage I try to keep myself busy as the time goes faster. Typically:

Make a detailed packing list
Make a shopping list of all things I still need to buy
Change my adrs (again)
Sort out my clothes, any old things are put on one side to 'wear and throw' in the days before the trip
Print out all my reservations, sort tickets, vouchers etc
All cupboards are cleaned and tidied
Double check the menus
Start putting pre-packing on the spare bed ready for when the suitcases come down from the attic
Make lists (of anything I can think of, much to the amusement of my family :) )

Upvote 0

Funfy

• Make a countdown calendar.
  • Plan a cheap staycation-camping, museum visit, state park
  • Start a book series, jigsaw puzzle, home project-cleaning out closets, etc.
Anything to distract from your "real" purpose! ;)

Upvote 0

Mukta

Hi all,

I know you are a planner like me. This is the time that I do my daiy schedule. I check wdwent.com and figure out when I want to see Off Kilter, Matsuriza etc. Hmmmm, I could grab a beer here and then sit and watch Off Kilter. Then I could do a wine flight and watch the World Showcase players etc.

Upvote 0

Redsky89

I leave on August 18th for Florida and will be in WDW 2-3 times the week I'm staying. I just focus on my work until then. If I sat in my room watching the clock then the 2 weeks of waiting turns into 2 years it feels like.

Upvote 0

powlessfamily4

Hi all,

There is no help for it! Just try not to let the butterflies in your stomach take flight! :D

Upvote 0

plaz10

As I'm totally in the same boat as you - just waiting for travel docs and stuff...

I've been re-reading TRs on here. Since I'm staying at POFQ I've been stalking every detail I can about the place online (I live on this website - http://www.portorleans.org). Also continuing to look at menus and think about what I might order - then find pictures of the item, reviews, etc...

I need a shopping trip for a few new outfits. Then I'll slowly start setting things aside for the trip. But I think my next step is shopping! Yay!!

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Original Poster
I start my new list for 4 people of what needs to be brought, and read these forums everyday to keep up, and people get bored with me talking about it every minute of every day.

Oh goodness, my lists have been done for months! HA! :) Everything new bought and just waiting to hop into the suitcases! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom