Trip Report It's Two, Two, TWO Trips in One! *COMPLETED*

Title reference for those of you younger than dirt ~

Got it? Good!

This trip report is somewhat unique and calls for a different kind of introduction. This, as you may recognize, is a picture of me and my significant other.

IMG_7324.JPG

I invite you, if you dare, to follow along on a lengthy adventure that includes three resorts, lots of flowers, exotic food and a Fruber (a what?) Because this report travels directly to.........the Tuvalu Zone.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
We wandered through Italy....the flowers/planters were our favorite part.....and posed for this awkward photo in Germany.

IMG_7360.JPG

#goodideasgonebad

Walked inside just for the smell.
IMG_7215.JPG

I adore the glass ornaments in Germany. I do not adore their prices. Therefore I take pictures and adore them digitally!

IMG_7212.JPG

IMG_7213.JPG

IMG_7214.JPG

Another adore-the-items-but-not-the-price store.
IMG_7216.JPG

IMG_7218.JPG

I came thisclose to buying one of these for Tuvalette.
IMG_7217.JPG

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Look what's happened to the kiosk that used to sell bracelets, necklaces and earrings from recycled park maps. :arghh:

IMG_7219.JPG

I made many purchases at the Bead Outpost. The jewelry was unique, inexpensive and best of all helped the environment (recycling) and the poverty-stricken laborers who crafted each item.

I guess Flower and Garden merchandise is a better seller. :rolleyes:

The sun was taking a toll on us and we needed refreshment. We did not stop in China, and we passed by Norway and Mexico since "we did those countries already."

Remember the ice cream Mom didn't have at 50s Prime Time? The opportunity had arrived to satisfy her craving. She got a large waffle cone and found a bench to relax on and enjoy her ice cream. At last!

And since we were in the neighborhood, I couldn't resist another one of these, @sheriffwoody!
IMG_7220.JPG

Look how my Violet Lemonade matches the purple flowers in the background. :happy:
And this time I used a spoon!

We lingered on the bench for awhile, people-watching and gathering energy for the long trek to the bus stop. Pop's bus stop is the last (and furthest) bus stop at Epcot, for those of you unaware. I pondered ordering an Uber, but I thought the pick-up spot was in the same area as the Pop stop....so that wouldn't eliminate any steps. (It would have, however, eliminated our long wait for a bus!)

We arrived back at Pop more than 11 hours after we'd left. We were exhausted, too tired to even step outside our room to watch the Star Wars fireworks. :jawdrop:

It had been another great Disney day.

amjt660

Premium Member
View attachment 209874

I know y'all have seen lots of pictures of the Beauty and the Beast topiary....from the front.
How many have you seen from the back?
View attachment 209885
You're welcome.

It was my turn to request a sweet treat. And I knew just where I wanted to go....

And thank you!!

You knew where but...

Did you know how far you would go??

Max

Last edited:

Matt and Kelly

Now on a sugar high, Mom was ready for some shopping!

View attachment 209869

One of my dear friends was traveling to London in a few days. Seeing a Beefeater was on her bucket list. I sent her the following, captioned: I don't need to fly across the ocean to see one of these!
View attachment 209870

Brother is a big Beatles fan. Had a birthday coming up. Mom debated but did not buy the mug.
View attachment 209871

@TrolleyFollower91, this mug's for you!
View attachment 209872

Goodbye, U.K.!
View attachment 209868

We are big Beatles fans and love checking out all the merchandise! Hence the reason we named our youngest Lennon.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Your celebrity status continues to impress!
That violet Lemonade looks even better after coming in from 95 degree weather outside. Is that a hard drink?
Nope, it was non-alcoholic.

You knew where but...

Did you know how far you would go??

Max
Senior moment here, Max......need help with the reference. :oops:

We are big Beatles fans and love checking out all the merchandise! Hence the reason we named our youngest Lennon.
I wondered if that's how Lennon got her name! :happy:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Our exploration of Morocco and Japan was quick. I think Mom wanted to avoid the Japanese drummers! (Like mother, like daughter.)

Mom loves Americana. Shopping in Heritage Manor, listening to the Voices of Liberty and viewing the American Adventure are MUSTS.

View attachment 209877

View attachment 209878

"I want to try the Smokehouse," Mom said as we exited the AA theater. (Ah, more proof that she had studied the F&G food booklet!)

View attachment 209879

View attachment 209880

We shared the slider and the burnt ends hash. Both were out of this world!
View attachment 209881

Yum, now I wish I had some burnt ends hash. I love that stuff!

And I agree about the ornaments in Germany. They are so lovely but pricey. I collect nutcrackers too and those prices at Germany are way too much. So with me pictures do just fine.

93boomer

Premium Member

93boomer

Premium Member
We paused for a picture on the bridge to France.

View attachment 209873
(Was I standing on my tip toes? I am not several inches taller than my mama! :confused:)

We walked through the gift stores and then went to check the time for Impressions de France....just missed it! :facepalm:
View attachment 209874

I know y'all have seen lots of pictures of the Beauty and the Beast topiary....from the front.
How many have you seen from the back?
View attachment 209885
You're welcome.

It was my turn to request a sweet treat. And I knew just where I wanted to go.....Les Halles!

Shockingly, Mom was able to snag a table while I waited in line. The seating area inside is so small. Having a table and chair meant I could take my time savoring this little beauty ~
View attachment 209875
I have wanted to try the strawberry tart forever. But I am such a choco-holic I always end up buying a cookie, croissant or mousse instead. Not this time!

Was it worth the wait?
ABSOLUTELY. :hungry:
I got the purple version of your Minnie shirt Tuvalu!!

dmatt87

We wandered through Italy....the flowers/planters were our favorite part.....and posed for this awkward photo in Germany.

View attachment 209886
#goodideasgonebad

Walked inside just for the smell.
View attachment 209893

Snow white looks huge!

And you can't just walk inside for the smell - you must buy!!! Last time we went we got the made on site Caramel Popcorn - it was SO GOOD!!! :hungry:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Senior moment here, Max......need help with the reference. :oops:

I'm guessing Moana. :)

Snow White topiary picture..definitely makes one go "hmmm". (that's also a pop culture reference!)

Either of those nearmisses for Tuvalette would have been money well-spent, I think. The lamb is adorable.

That's a shame about the beads! Hope that's not permanent.

Love the coordinating Minnie shirts.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Original Poster
Thursday, May 11

Now it's time to say goodbye.......

Wait, I am getting ahead of myself. Indeed, this was the last day of my TWO TRIPS vacation. But the flight wasn't until evening and Mom and I had several more hours of Disney fun to experience.

Only my morning did not start off fun.

When Mom and I arrived at our room last night, it occurred to me that we had not received our "eviction notice" (;) @DisneyJeff) ~ our Tragical Express pick-up letter. If you've utilized DME, you know how critical the letter is ~ bus drivers refuse to allow you to board without the letter. (Why they just can't do a MagicBand scan like they do when you arrive is beyond me!) I called the front desk and explained we had not received our letter.

"The letter will be on your door in the morning."
"But we are checking out tomorrow."
"And?"
"And the DME notice is supposed to be on our door the day before checkout. What if we had an early morning flight?"
(Pause) "Oh you're right. The letter will be on your door before morning."

Guess what was NOT on our door in the morning.

So on my way to get Mom's cawfee and breakfast I stopped at the front desk. The CM was very curt even though I explained nicely that we had not received the letter we needed to board our bus (and, by the way, we needed to know WHAT TIME the bus would pick us up!) After much key-punching, she printed off our letter.

Next was the food court. Previously, every time I'd try to make a purchase using my Tables in Wonderland card the register was unable to "read" the card, resulting in a long delay not only for me but for everyone in line behind me. (Yet none of the other locations where I used my card had issues.) So before I entered Epcot yesterday, I went to Guest Services and received a new card.

Guess whose new TiW card did not work.

After repeated attempts, the cashier called for a manager. Another morning of embarrassment for me as my transaction held up the line. :oops:

Mom and I ate in the room, finished packing and then hauled our stuff to the Resort Airline Check in. Luckily there was no wait and we continued to the bus stop. The day was getting better!

IMG_7221.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom