Trip Report It's Time to Visit My Happy Place Again! September 28th-October 4th Trip Report.

Welcome everyone to another trip report! I'm late starting this one, anyone noticing a pattern here? (I'll probably be the last cruiser to post hers. LOL.)
WDW121717.jpg

On this trip it was just my dad and I again. We stayed at Pop Century for 6 nights, had our AP's and 3 ADR's. (2 of which were at the same place.) No dining plan or PhotoPass for this trip.
WDW12537.jpg

I came away with 1748 pictures this time. Quite a few less than last year, but I spent more time on each picture this year. I have been reading up on all the various settings on my camera and feel like I am finally starting to get it.

Now let me give you a little more detail about the title. While all of Walt Disney World is my Happy Place, there is one particular spot that means more to me. It's not much, but I love this one little spot. I like to start and end each trip here, soaking in my surroundings. Whenever I am at work, getting all stressed out, I close my eyes and move to this spot. And the stress goes right out the window. You'll have to figure out "my spot" on your own.

Now, on with the show......

jesemeca

Original Poster
Sorry for such a delay. I made another trip to WDW in January for my 30th birthday (report will be coming up after this one) and then just never got back around to this one. Now on with the report.

After leaving Animal Kingdom, we made our way over the other Kingdom, the Magic one!

Our first stop was to meet some Princesses. Rapunzel was posing for everyone in line.

Lunch was with my favorite alien lounge singer, Sonny Eclipse!

A little Main Street Philharmonic before heading out of Magic Kingdom.

jesemeca

Original Poster

We took the monorail over to Epcot, making this our 3rd park of the day. I love the views of Epcot from the monorail.

Like a Grand and Miraculous Spaceship.......

Just a few of my pictures from Spaceship Earth!

Off Kilter!!!!

I was playing around with the setting on my camera in the gift shop in the United Kingdom.

My favorites!

jesemeca

Original Poster

After this we made our way over to the Boardwalk. On our way out the International Gateway, it started to drizzle, so I started making my way to the closes overhang. Then it starts to pour before I can make it to the overhang. I'm now freaking out about my camera, thankfully it was fine. But we had to wait out the rain for about 20 minutes or so. Turns out, where I was waiting is where Jess's new favorite place in WDW!

This chocolate and peanut butter cake is why I wanted to go to the Boardwalk. It was delicious!

We took the boat over to Hollywood Studios.

I will never ride TOT, but I do love to take pictures of it!

Dinner was the macaroni and cheese hot dog from Fairfax Fare. It was pretty good, it would have been much better if it would have been hot when I got it. It was barely lukewarm.

The line wasn't very long for Toy Story Mania, which surprised me.

I love all the neon!

A little Mulch, Sweat and Shears to end out our 4 park day!

Tomorrow is the big day! EPCOT's 30th!

jesemeca

Original Poster
Happy 30th, EPCOT!
Today was the reason for the trip. I wanted to celebrate Epcot's 30th the same way I celebrated Magic Kingdom's 40th, by being there. I didn't plan on doing anything special, I just wanted to be a part of the day.

This was the line for 30th merchandise when we arrived, shortly after opening. The beginning of the line was in Mousegears. I was so glad I never got in that line. We purchased everything we wanted after Illuminations that night. And we only stood in line for maybe 30 minutes.

We decided to head on over to the lesser crowded area of Epcot, this is where we wound up.

It may not be the original, but I still had to visit Figment today.

One little spark.....

Next up was Living with the Land, which actually had a line! A pretty long line, considering I never see a line for this ride.

So, I'm standing in one of my break spots, and I hear what sounds like a marching band. I'm thinking, ok, maybe they are practicing something for the presentation later. Then it gets louder, then I see this.

How cool would it be to say that you high school marching band played in Epcot on there 30th?

jesemeca

Original Poster

It was now time to tour World Showcase, starting in Mexico.

This was my attempt at a long exposure inside the pavillion. I just used the ledge, since I didn't have my tripod.

It was time to head into troll country.

I was channeling my inner viking!

This next picture is hanging on my wall. I just love the colors!

I would be scared to have this in my house. Always afraid someone would knock it over.

jesemeca

Original Poster

I love the little Food & Wine booths!

Time for some fish and chips!

Pink Eiffel Towers!

We headed back to the American Adventure. We were able to see the show before the 3pm anniversary presentation.

Two Brothers gets me everytime.

jesemeca

Original Poster
It was now time for the Anniversary moment. I was not able to get a seat, so I just roamed around until I could find a decent spot.

Some members of Voices of Liberty sang for us.

One more song from Voices of Liberty.

jesemeca

Original Poster
Next up, I met up with some fellow WDWMagic peeps. Unforntunately, I don't have any pictures. It was fun meeting everyone. After this, we went to the Disney Chase photo spot in Innoventions.

Over the course of the day, I had been hearing rumblings that the Epcot presentations would be first come, first serve. So we decided to check out the line for the Marty Skylar presentation. When I walked up there was no line.

This was the only picture I have, because we were not allowed to take pictures once the presentation started. Marty Skylar was very informative and very funny. I loved hearing his stories about Walt Disney and himself. I was beside myself listening to all this old stories. It was a great presentation.

jesemeca

Original Poster
It was now time for Illuminations. I stayed in the smoking section in between Future World and World Showcase. My dad made his way over to Italy, I believe. I met this funny guy while waiting for Illuminations. He was local and had a friend who did the pyro for Illuminations. He was telling me all about how much tonight's show was costing and how awesome it was going to be. He was a great guy to pass the time with.

These are not the best, since I didn't have my tripod. But I tried my best.

Tonight's finale of Illuminations was extremely awesome. The heat and sound was so great that the crowd actually took a step back. Words can't fully describe how I felt that night watching Illuminations. I get chills every time I watch the video from that night. It was a great ending to a very full day.

This was just one of the saying being shown on Spaceship Earth.

Now for a photoshoot with Spaceship Earth. For you @plaz10 !

It was time to head on back to POP! It was a great day full of unexpected moments.

jesemeca

Original Poster

Hollywood Studios was on the agenda for today.

I went to get FP's for Toy Story and saw them working on the Jack Sparrow building.

Next up was breakfast at Starring Rolls! I love the chocolate and peanut butter cupcake!

The Great Movie Ride was the first ride of the day!

Mary Poppins!

Munchkins!

We're off to see the Wizard!

jesemeca

Original Poster

Toy Story was next.

Now it was time to meet some famous ducks, Donald and Daisy! Both of whom, look quite snazzy to me!

Daisy loved that I was wearing yellow also.

Then it was time to meet Minnie!

Walt, himself.

Lunch was at SciFi Drive In. I had the Picnic Burger, which was a hamburger topped with two hotdogs. Way too much food.

Then I had the nerve to order dessert, the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake. It was pretty good, but not the best. Shoulda went for another cupcake instead.

Fozzie! Ms. Piggy!

jesemeca

Original Poster
Countdown to Fun!

Atta had to leave the parade right after this because she was having a problem with one of her antenna.

5,4,3,2,1!

Dug was thirsty. It was the cutest thing ever. He "drank" from the fountain and then wiped his mouth.

My favorite, Carl!

jesemeca

Original Poster

For you Jess, @PartOfYourWorld.

A net full of jello!

My friend was spending the day with us today and he and I were not with my dad at this point. My dad went to check to see if there were any characters in the Animation Building. Well, there was lots of them. He kept calling and texting me telling me to hurry because she was waiting for me.

I was so excited to see her, I could barely talk. My dad told her that I really wanted to meet her. Well, when I got there she kept talking about that and all I could do was say yes and smile. LOL.

Another ride on Toy Story!

My girl, Maleficent!

jesemeca

Original Poster
From here, we left Hollywood Studios and headed on over to DTD. I had some shopping to do with my friend.

My friend drove us to DTD. I was being lazy tonight. After we were finished in the Marketplace, we drove over to West Side so I could visit D Street and spend way too much on Vinyls.

A little late night hanging out with the bestie, before getting dinner and calling it a night.

PartOfYourWorld

Thanks for the picture!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to see you again so very soon!!!!!! :D

I've never been able to catch one of those random character meets in the animation building!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom