Trip Report It's Time to Visit My Happy Place Again! September 28th-October 4th Trip Report.

Welcome everyone to another trip report! I'm late starting this one, anyone noticing a pattern here? (I'll probably be the last cruiser to post hers. LOL.)
WDW121717.jpg

On this trip it was just my dad and I again. We stayed at Pop Century for 6 nights, had our AP's and 3 ADR's. (2 of which were at the same place.) No dining plan or PhotoPass for this trip.
WDW12537.jpg

I came away with 1748 pictures this time. Quite a few less than last year, but I spent more time on each picture this year. I have been reading up on all the various settings on my camera and feel like I am finally starting to get it.

Now let me give you a little more detail about the title. While all of Walt Disney World is my Happy Place, there is one particular spot that means more to me. It's not much, but I love this one little spot. I like to start and end each trip here, soaking in my surroundings. Whenever I am at work, getting all stressed out, I close my eyes and move to this spot. And the stress goes right out the window. You'll have to figure out "my spot" on your own.

Now, on with the show......

jesemeca

Original Poster
Thanks! I was planning on posting more tonight, but Photobucket made all my pictures huge. Now I have to figure out how to resize them all.

Are they too big? Or should I resize them all?

jesemeca

Original Poster
Those pictures were bigger when I first posted them, I swear. LOL. Anyways, thanks everyone. I am about to post more!

jesemeca

Original Poster
Thursday, September 27th.
I was up entirely too early this morning. We loaded up the car, said goodbye to my mom and brother and sister. Then it was time to hit the road.
WDW12006.jpg

By 9, I was taking pictures of this place.
WDW12010.jpg

By 10, it was time to visit my favorite missile.
WDW12012.jpg

WDW12015.jpg

By 10:50, we passed my favorite prison. (LOL)
WDW12017.jpg

And finally, at 11:30 we made it to Florida!
WDW12024.jpg

WDW12027.jpg

That would be my last picture for the day. We drove to Gainesville and spent the night.
WDW12029.jpg

jesemeca

Original Poster
Friday, September 28th
After breakfast at the hotel, we loaded back up and hit the road again.
WDW12030.jpg

I know I am getting close when I see the YMCA.
WDW12032.jpg

Do you see Spaceship Earth?
WDW12035.jpg

How about the Contemporary?
WDW12034.jpg

Space Mountain? Cinderella Castle?
WDW12036.jpg

At exactly 9:21 we made our way under the most beautiful sign ever.
WDW12050-001.jpg

After a quick visit with my best friend and checking in, we were in our room by 10. Which was pretty awesome, if you ask me.
WDW12056.jpg

WDW12061.jpg

WDW12065.jpg

WDW12067.jpg

WDW12071.jpg

WDW12073.jpg

We unloaded everything into the room, after I took pictures of course. Then made our way to DTD. I needed me some Earl's.
WDW12075-001.jpg

WDW12080.jpg

I had the Full Montagu, which is my favorite. Man, I would love one right about now.
WDW12084-001.jpg

WDW12089-001.jpg

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Oh, man, that Earl sandwich looks so good...and I just finished checking in with the "what's your favorite Earl sandwich" thread over in Restaurants & Dining. Now I'm starving. o_O

jesemeca

Original Poster
Oh, man, that Earl sandwich looks so good...and I just finished checking in with the "what's your favorite Earl sandwich" thread over in Restaurants & Dining. Now I'm starving. o_O
I wish there was an Earl's closer to me. I would make trips just for that sandwich. Then again, maybe it's a good thing it is so far away.

jesemeca

Original Poster
After doing some shopping, we decided to head on over to Magic Kingdom. We decided to take a bus to Wilderness Lodge and then take the boat over to Magic Kingdom. I will not be doing that again. The boat went from Wilderness Lodge to Fort Wilderness back to Wilderness Lodge and then finally to Magic Kingdom. That was a bit too much for me. And it took way too long. At least it was a nice view.
WDW12092.jpg

WDW12095.jpg

WDW12100-001.jpg

WDW12107.jpg

WDW12112.jpg

WDW12113.jpg

Finally, Magic Kingdom.
WDW12120-001.jpg

Ahhhh, I'm home.
WDW12126copy.jpg

WDW12131-001.jpg

WDW12133.jpg

I love my Minnie Mouse ears.
WDW12135.jpg

We didnt stay long at Magic Kingdom, because I had a date in Epcot!
WDW12142.jpg

jesemeca

Original Poster
As soon as we decided to make our way out of Magic Kingdom, the rain came. So I ran through the rain in Magic Kingdom, to the monorail and in Epcot. Just remember that the next time I ask a favor, Jess. LOL. Just kidding!
WDW12149.jpg

WDW12150.jpg

WDW12152.jpg

WDW12153.jpg

We made our way over to Jess ( @PartOfYourWorld ) and her mom ( @LuvsTheMouse ), it was great to finally hang out. Despite the "accident" I had a great time! We slowly made our way over to American Gardens to watch Night Ranger perform. OMG, this was the funniest part of the night. The lady in front of us was hilarious. She couldn't figure out how to do the rock star symbol with her hand. She went through the peace sign and hang ten before she finally got the hang of it. I so wish we would have gotten a picture. She had had way too much to drink. I'm scared to think about how much money she had spent on drinks. They were outrageous at the show.
WDW12157-001.jpg

WDW12164-001.jpg

I did enjoy Night Ranger. I heard Sister Christian, which is their only song that I know. And now when I hear it, I think of Jess and I hanging out in Epcot. (Miss you girl!)
WDW12186.jpg

WDW12191.jpg

After the show we walked through the rest of World Showcase, just chatting away. It was so much fun to just hang out.
WDW12194.jpg

Around 8 or so we parted ways. Jess and her mom left early to get ready for their races the next day. My dad and I stayed a little longer. He listened to Off Kilter for a little while. Then I got the dish I had been waiting for, ropa vieja from the Carribean booth. I ordered two, so I wouldn't have to get back in line. I also bought one of the Epcot 30th light up cups. The ropa vieja was amazing. I bought the cookbook last year, which has the recipe, but I have yet to make. I need to soon.
WDW12198.jpg

WDW12200.jpg

After my dinner, we made our way out of Epcot. I made sure to check out the window display Jess had texted me about. It was really beautiful.
WDW12209.jpg

WDW12210.jpg

We had made our way to Spaceship Earth, but you know I couldn't leave without taking lots of pictures.
WDW12214.jpg

Finally, we left Epcot and made our way back to Pop, while Illuminations was going off over our heads. I watched for a few minutes from the bus stop.
WDW12217.jpg

Just in case you didn't notice, nope not a single ride today!

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Great photos. I can see all the rain on the bus window--wow!!

Did you try the Jerk Chicken Drumstick? (I think it was the Caribbean booth, too) That was one of my favorites from the F&W fest.

I've had some great no-ride days at WDW.

PartOfYourWorld

I will totally remember that don't you worry :)

And thanks for making my day in EPCOT better :) But out of that accident came an awesome new camera that I cannot wait to use next week!!! :D

Awww I think of you too! I heard someone talk about it somewhere (my mind escapes me as to where...I think it was work?) and I think of our time at EPCOT.

I'm so glad you went to go check out that window...it was just really awesome what they did. I wish I could remember more of the original EPCOT from '94 and '99 granted I think it already started changing then and in '94 I don't even remember much of that trip.

I miss you!

Oh and that sammwich looks mighty yummy right now! I want to try their Holiday sandwich. I think me and my mom will be going there on Sunday after we arrive.

jesemeca

Original Poster
Great photos. I can see all the rain on the bus window--wow!!

Did you try the Jerk Chicken Drumstick? (I think it was the Caribbean booth, too) That was one of my favorites from the F&W fest.

I've had some great no-ride days at WDW.
Thanks! And I was actually on the monorail. But it was raining pretty hard when we were in transit to Epcot. Thankfully, it slacked a little once we got there.

I did not try the Jerk Chicken. I actually only tried two things at Food and Wine. I had the Ropa Vieja and the Mushroom Filet from Canada. Both were delicious.

It was nice to not have to worry about how many rides I rode that day. I just took my time and meandered around.

jesemeca

Original Poster
I will totally remember that don't you worry :)

And thanks for making my day in EPCOT better :) But out of that accident came an awesome new camera that I cannot wait to use next week!!! :D

Awww I think of you too! I heard someone talk about it somewhere (my mind escapes me as to where...I think it was work?) and I think of our time at EPCOT.

I'm so glad you went to go check out that window...it was just really awesome what they did. I wish I could remember more of the original EPCOT from '94 and '99 granted I think it already started changing then and in '94 I don't even remember much of that trip.

I miss you!

Oh and that sammwich looks mighty yummy right now! I want to try their Holiday sandwich. I think me and my mom will be going there on Sunday after we arrive.
Your welcome! I can't wait to see how you do with your new camera.

We watched Rock of Ages Sunday night and Sister Christian is the first song they sing in the movie. I was right back in Epcot, watching our "friend." LOL.

I remember EPCOT Center, as it was called back then. I remember meeting Dreamfinder and Figment and falling in love with them. I remember painting on the walls upstairs in ImageWorks. I remember watching Kitchen Kabaret! Veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit! I remember riding the Mexico ride and having the people follow you and try to sell you something at the end, instead of just Donald. I remember the conversation between the two kids about soccer at the end of Spaceship Earth. I remember the Hydrolators in the Living Seas, before Nemo and friends moved in. I remember Horizons and World of Motion, but those two kind of blend together, unfortunately. I remember a traffic jam, a futuristic kitchen, and picking an ending, but cant remember what was in which ride.

Aww, I feel the love.

I don't like everything that comes on the Holiday Sandwich, but I do love me some Earl's. Eat one for me! LOL.

PolynesianPrincess

Your welcome! I can't wait to see how you do with your new camera.

We watched Rock of Ages Sunday night and Sister Christian is the first song they sing in the movie. I was right back in Epcot, watching our "friend." LOL.

I remember EPCOT Center, as it was called back then. I remember meeting Dreamfinder and Figment and falling in love with them. I remember painting on the walls upstairs in ImageWorks. I remember watching Kitchen Kabaret! Veggie, veggie, fruit, fruit! I remember riding the Mexico ride and having the people follow you and try to sell you something at the end, instead of just Donald. I remember the conversation between the two kids about soccer at the end of Spaceship Earth. I remember the Hydrolators in the Living Seas, before Nemo and friends moved in. I remember Horizons and World of Motion, but those two kind of blend together, unfortunately. I remember a traffic jam, a futuristic kitchen, and picking an ending, but cant remember what was in which ride.

Aww, I feel the love.

I don't like everything that comes on the Holiday Sandwich, but I do love me some Earl's. Eat one for me! LOL.

The traffic jam was World of Motion and the kitchen and picking an ending was Horizons :) The only reason I know this is because my Mom video taped all of Horizons on one of our trips from the early 90s and we watch it quite often. Miss those classic rides....

I LOVE the song Sister Christian. Reminds me of this huge party in 2005 that I went to and everyone was drinking and dancing around to that song lol

Thank goodness rain at Disney is usually over quickly!!! Nothing worse than walking around wet and then going into an air conditioned ride!! COLD!!!!!

jesemeca

Original Poster
Just catching up! love it :)
Thanks. I'm editing the next batch of pictures right now. May have some more up tonight.

The traffic jam was World of Motion and the kitchen and picking an ending was Horizons :) The only reason I know this is because my Mom video taped all of Horizons on one of our trips from the early 90s and we watch it quite often. Miss those classic rides....

I LOVE the song Sister Christian. Reminds me of this huge party in 2005 that I went to and everyone was drinking and dancing around to that song lol

Thank goodness rain at Disney is usually over quickly!!! Nothing worse than walking around wet and then going into an air conditioned ride!! COLD!!!!!

Thanks for the clarification. I'm sure my dad has it on video somewhere. LOL.

Have you seen Rock of Ages? If you like 80's music, you will love it!

I was more worried about my camera and my Dooney getting wet! LOL. But thankfully, the rain didn't last long at all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom