It's time to say goodbye to Ellen

JEDI1138

Re: Dino Trivia

Originally posted by cm1988

Two of the dinos are celebrities (or copies of celebrities)!

The Stegasaurus and T-Rex battling on that teetering rock were in those same poses in the 1964/1965 New York Word's Fair... at Ford's Magic Skyway.

You rode past Steggie and Rex in a 'new' 1964 Ford convertable.

Actually, they are from even further back to 1940. They were the two Dinos fighting in the "Rite of Spring" sequence in Walt Disney's Fantasia.

JLW11Hi

if they were to make a new movie with new characters, they should have Ryan Styles and Colin Mocharie from Who's Line is it Anyway star in it. :D

But it is true that celebrities can get dated in rides after a while, but Ellen was just kinda bad luck, because her show wasn't around as long as a lot of other shows. I do hear that she is getting another tv show, though.

DrMouse

I would not care if they got a goat to be in there instead of Ellen. I have never found her dry humor funny and I thought the whole sequence with the dinos to be distracting and Disney can do a much better job with an update than that. I was disappointed just like I was with the remake of Journey into your imagination. They are trying to do things on a shoestring budget and that is not how I am used to them doing things.

SilentRascal

Account Suspended
I agree that Ellen definitely needs to go. I actually feel she shouldn't have been added in the first place. Her presence in the attraction didn't add a thing to it, IMO. Actually, Universe of Energy has been in need of a significant overhaul for years. I'm sure they can find some way of improving the ride portion and adding better animatronic dinos.

Originally posted by RobFL
It's not a T-rex.

The dinosaurs are true to life scale, and this would be a tiny T-rex - plus the facial structure is all wrong. It's an Allosaurus, like the exterior topiary.

-Rob

Damn you, you beat me to it. :p

AliciaLuvzDizne

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
Look how long they've had George Wendt, Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz, Kevin Nealon, etc. in Cranium Command. Where are these guys now? Most teens seeing this attraction now, have no idea who these people are.

Nick at nite :D

i forgot how funny Cranium Command was... It really cracked me up...
oh well
my opinion is that one should stay the same...

as for energy... well i do like it, even though i didnt get to see it last week (it broke down and we had to evac... sigh)

RPMdfw

Actually, I love Ellen's inclusion in UoE. I've always really liked her humor. I never saw the original UoE, but everything about the update makes me smile. It helps that I like Jamie Lee Curtis, too, I suppose.

As to this post:

"Besides the best part of the show is basically the same except for the fact that their is a gay animatronic figure."

What is a gay animatronic figure? One that's only intimate with other machines?

I just don't get why this is an issue. Being gay is only part of who a person is. The fact that Ellen is a lesbian, SO shouldn't matter. It's an attraction about Energy, not lesbianism, yet every time this attraction is discussed this gets brought up. I can understand people who honestly don't like her humor, there are a lot of comidian's that I don't think are funny, but people who bring this issue up, bother me. Gay people visit WDW, and spend our money there, too.

Sorry, I'll step off my soapbox now.

JLW11Hi

Originally posted by Nut4Disney
Look how long they've had George Wendt, Dana Carvey, Jon Lovitz, Kevin Nealon, etc. in Cranium Command. Where are these guys now? Most teens seeing this attraction now, have no idea who these people are.

Actually, many of those guys are still around. Most teens I know love the early 90s Saturday Night Live (mostly with Chris Farley). I would be surprised to see a teen who wouldnt recognize Norm from Cheers, or especially Dana Carvey, after his new movie comes out.

Yes, I think they should update it, though.

KevinPage

I agree, putting celebrities in attractions is a bad idea. Not because they get dated, but because it puts me back into the REALITY.

I go to the parks to be in a fantasy world, hearing celebs reminds me of the everyday world, thats why I always prefer "no name" actors/actresses.

Although I don't have a problem with Ellen in the attraction, at least the ride is entertaining, aside from her fighting a dino with a branch :)

Wilt Dasney

Originally posted by Disneyanna0521
i am SOOOOOO glad to hear this is gone!!!! i hated this attraction

From what did you infer that this ride is gone? Just reading the title? Ellen is still very much alive, unless I missed something.

And for the record: me rikie Ellen. I like her pacing and rhythm; her jokes are silly, but she always has a good sense of when to cut them off before they get irritating. (IMO)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom