It's the Tourists...

RSoxNo1

There's really no comparison in the # of attractions between the two parks. We all know that Disneyland has Indiana Jones, the Matterhorn, Star Tours, Pinnochio, Alice in Wonderland and the newly opened Nemo Subs (I'm probably forgetting some things) compared to Stitch's Great Escape and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Comparing the attractions that both has is also relatively revealing where up until recently, Splash Mountain was really the only attraction that Disney World could proudly boast a better version (Having not seen Disney World's new mansion, I can't verify that) - but other attractions are either better in Disneyland or effectively the same. Thankfully, Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom does have plenty of space to rectify this. My hope is that within 7-10 years we receive at least two new attractions (ideally 3) as well as the refurbishments needed on many of the existing attractions. I'd like to see something on the old 20k leagues plot, something in tomorrowland, and something in adventureland.

Rowena

There's really no comparison in the # of attractions between the two parks. We all know that Disneyland has Indiana Jones, the Matterhorn, Star Tours, Pinnochio, Alice in Wonderland and the newly opened Nemo Subs (I'm probably forgetting some things) compared to Stitch's Great Escape and Monster's Inc Laugh Floor. Comparing the attractions that both has is also relatively revealing where up until recently, Splash Mountain was really the only attraction that Disney World could proudly boast a better version (Having not seen Disney World's new mansion, I can't verify that) - but other attractions are either better in Disneyland or effectively the same. Thankfully, Disneyworld's Magic Kingdom does have plenty of space to rectify this. My hope is that within 7-10 years we receive at least two new attractions (ideally 3) as well as the refurbishments needed on many of the existing attractions. I'd like to see something on the old 20k leagues plot, something in tomorrowland, and something in adventureland.

Sigh. Matterhorn.

I know it's an old ride but I still love it and wish they would build it at MK. You have not lived, nor truly done DL, 'til you ride the Matterhorn in the pouring rain - the water pouring down the mountain becomes a waterfall that douses you every time your sled ducks outside the mountain wall!

To me Matterhorn is like Thunder Mountain... it's just a classic, basic ride that remains fun no matter how many times you ride it. Some of the newer rides just don't have that kind of staying power; you ride them a few times and it's just not much fun anymore.

They ought to rip down the Fantasyland Skyway station and build a Matterhorn there. :ROFLOL:

JDM

My what a heated thread...

I'm afraid, you'd better get used to that.

Although there are plenty of helpful folks here, any discussion of changes to the parks invariably devolves into a p$$$ing match.

Nevertheless, welcome!!

Thiger

i agree that the MK was a bit run down went i went last September (for the first time in 17 years) but I also had an amazing time! MK could use 2-3 rides in the next 10 years but honestly, I think out of all of the parks that need it, the order should be:

MGM / DHS: I'm secretly hoping that when they open TSM they'll have built an additional ride and kept it totally hush-hush. Even a simple dark ride like the Nemo one in living seas would be great!

AK: I love EE and Dinosaur, 1 more E-ticket and a smaller dark ride would round this park out nicely. **please note, I think AK is the best park out of the four...I was astounded seeing it for the first time!

MK: 3 rufurbs and an E-ticket and you're sailing. I think HOP could be really powerful. I'd love to see a Hercules ride or Mulan ride...So much you could do w/ those stories!

EPOCT: w/ SSE, new canadian movie and American Treasures exhibit, I honestly think EPCOT is perfect. I'd love to see Imagination refurbed to have the original characters return. IMHO, i think the only bad ride is HISTA. It's ok, but a lil weak compared to the rest of the park.

Just my 2 cents (which is funny as my canadian 2 cents are now on par w/ your 2 cents!!! hehehe
jk

DisneyNut2007

Not sure that is so.

We were there for 10 days in September 2006, and it was not open.

We were there for 8 days in April 2007 (spring break, when the crowds were extremely high), and it was open for some of those days. We went into it once that trip.

We were just there for 8 days last week, returned home Saturday night, and it was not open any of the four days we ventured into MK. :) They used the ramp and the shaded overhang for queueing Buzz Lightyear character photos, as they often do when the attraction itself is closed.

They also state in their own literature that CoP is only open seasonally.

It WAS open.

Only a SMALL portion of the CoP's queue is used for Buzz Lightyear's greeting area, even when the show is running. So, don't let anything fool you--the show is still running.

And most Disney literature doesn't really list CoP as a "seasonal" attraction anymore. Any sources that still do have their info out-of-date.

RSoxNo1

The thing is, right now DHS is really the only park that has believable rumors for new attractions: We know it's getting Toy Story Mania, it's probably getting a Pixar themed roller coaster, and probably getting a replacement Star Tours ride. Depending on how extensive the Space Mountain refurb is, you could consider that to be a replacement attraction as well.

As I look around at each park, I see the need for refurbishments to Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, Peter Pan's Flight, and Snow White's Adventures at the Magic Kingdom. I would also like to see a couple of dark rides on the 20k foot print, with E-tickets in both Adventureland and Tomorrowland.

At Epcot, I'm actually a fan of Ellen's Energy Adventure, but I would understand if that, and Wonders of life were replaced. I'm assuming that Imagination will eventually be refurbed as well. There have been murmurs about an E-Ticket in World Showcase at some point, but one announcement I want to hear on October 1st is the renaming of Future World to Discovery World... it makes a lot of sense to me.

Toy Story Mania, Star Tours 2.0 and a Pixar Coaster would do wonders to improve the Studios, but on top of that, I think it needs another blockbuster stage show on the scope of the Aladdin Show at DCA. I'd be more than happy with a clone of that show to be completely honest.

Animal Kingdom is my favorite park, and like many people on these boards, I would like to see Dinorama replaced. If not replaced, re-worked the way that DCA is re-working Paradise Pier. I think enclosing Prime Evil Whirl, adding some lighting effects and perhaps some sound effects (not on board audio) would do wonders to making this a much better attraction. I'd also like to see Dinoland USA renamed to Dinoland, and a focus on each land being a separate continent. I've said it several times on here, one of the best ideas that I've heard was a Europe land where the bulk of the mythical animal would appear. I believe that same poster suggested that The Nemo Musical be positioned near the entrance to a new Australia section.

Capt. Salty

Not necessarily. Many of the WDW AP holders that I know don't even eat in the parks, they go and visit for a few hours and leave; and they rarely purchase souvenirs, unless it is a special event, such as Star Wars weekends, etc.

Of course, my sample population may not be representative of the whole.....
We're AP holders and live in Western NY state. We generally go to WDW twice a yr - stay off property 1st trip and on property 2nd trip (which is markedly longer - 9-12 days) and we DO dine on property, as well as off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom