It's that time of year again

note2001

You do make it sound pretty simple, however, there are thousands and thousands of those little LED's all of which would have to be embedded in the plastic structure, wiring fished through, made water proof to stop rain from damaging the interior structure by getting in around the openings established for the lights.

Based on that alone, I think it would be a very, very cold day in Florida in mid summer before it had even half a chance at happening, so we might just as well accept the fact that what they do now is what we are going to see for the foreseeable future. If they were just building the place it might have a chance of consideration, but, as it is now. It is highly unlikely that it would even be a serious consideration.

I agree, and there are far more things in the world that need attention before they consider what would essentially be reconstructing the exterior of the castle. I'm always up for design discussions though. Thanks for the thoughts!

Biff215

You do make it sound pretty simple, however, there are thousands and thousands of those little LED's all of which would have to be embedded in the plastic structure, wiring fished through, made water proof to stop rain from damaging the interior structure by getting in around the openings established for the lights.

Based on that alone, I think it would be a very, very cold day in Florida in mid summer before it had even half a chance at happening, so we might just as well accept the fact that what they do now is what we are going to see for the foreseeable future. If they were just building the place it might have a chance of consideration, but, as it is now. It is highly unlikely that it would even be a serious consideration.
Agreed, and there's also a dimensional aspect of having the lights hang on the castle as opposed to being embedded. This gives the look of icicles, which would be much more difficult to achieve with something flat.

I agree that the cranes can seem to be around forever, but at least Disney has continued this costly holiday addition. Surprising when decorations have typically been cut back.

DisneyGigi

Seems a bit early. I remember being in Disney in late August and the lights going up then.
Crane usually goes up while we are there for the lights. Like around day 3 of our trips which are always beginning the 28th or 29th of August. I know I usually am able to get a few crane free picture during the trip.

Goofyernmost

Well, they do take the crane down at night, don't they?
That depends on how big it is. If it's the same type that they use to put the lights up and down then the answer is no, they do not. Those things can take up to 8 hours just to get rigged up. They have just about that window to get work done if they are doing it at night after the park closes. So by necessity it has to stay in place. Those aren't Tonka Toys, they are real life machines.

I do remember seeing a smaller one tucked behind the castle and covered with a tarp on one of my trips, but, it was used just for low level work. If they have to lift something over the castle it has to be higher then the castle.

DHoy

Well, they do take the crane down at night, don't they?

Yes. The crane does come down for the night during the installation. Each night it will lower down to ground level.

If indeed the crane is there for installation this time is prime tho early. The castle is under refurb which causes no pyro delays b\c DAWM. As well as the castle is under refurb lets do it ALL at once

Mouse_Trap

Crane for castle Christmas light installation is now backstage.. Expected on stage soon.

It that's correct, then it ridiculous. It still July FFS!

Christmas festivities should never begin before December thus starting to put up decorations in November would be more than sufficient.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
It that's correct, then it ridiculous. It still July FFS!

Christmas festivities should never begin before December thus starting to put up decorations in November would be more than sufficient.

pretty sure they couldn't put up all of the Osborne lights in 1 month's time.. besides Christmas activities start in November. $$$

Sage of Time

Fiber optics never burn out per say. Just saying. IMO.
I honestly wonder why Disney hasn't embedded fiber optics in most buildings, yet. I mean, Main Street's facades have all been under refurb in the past 5 years..... fiber optics in those facades would be a wonderful effect for christmas and even during the holidays.

bakntime

If anyone has a prized photo of themselves and/or their family in front of the Castle (digital/online image) and it has a crane in the background, I'd be willing to photoshop it out for you (first photo is on the house, additional edits are $599.99 each :hilarious:). Images with a fairly consistent sky are best, so I make no promises on the quality of the end result if the sky was a checkerboard pattern that day. Just send me a PM with the photo or a link to the photo. I don't anticipate a huge demand, but if it gets to much I'll delete my post. So if you see this, it means the offer is still on the table.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
If anyone has a prized photo of themselves and/or their family in front of the Castle (digital/online image) and it has a crane in the background, I'd be willing to photoshop it out for you (first photo is on the house, additional edits are $599.99 each :hilarious:). Images with a fairly consistent sky are best, so I make no promises on the quality of the end result if the sky was a checkerboard pattern that day. Just send me a PM with the photo or a link to the photo. I don't anticipate a huge demand, but if it gets to much I'll delete my post. So if you see this, it means the offer is still on the table.

I'll do them for $19.99 each, not limit. The quality of my works speaks for itself...

10671336_10152801386389835_1590771477801481184_n (1).jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom