It's Over...Have a magical day :)

I_heart_Tigger

ummm...I actually did this. This was when I worked at WDW. I was dating a local guy and I'm an incredibly laid back person but he would get wound up for no reason. Finally one day I just gave up. The door closed right in front of us at the HM entrance and he vented for the few minutes before we were let in about how ridiculous it was to not let two more people in. It was actually embarrassing how upset he was.

When we came into the stretching room he rushed right to where the exit door will be because he HAS to be the first one out of the room. He didn't even realize I wasn't following him. I just told the CM I had to get out of there and left him in the stretching room alone.

I have no idea what happened when he realized I wasn't there. I left him a voice mail that I was sorry to desert him that way but we just weren't compatible. Never heard from him again.

draybook

ummm...I actually did this. This was when I worked at WDW. I was dating a local guy and I'm an incredibly laid back person but he would get wound up for no reason. Finally one day I just gave up. The door closed right in front of us at the HM entrance and he vented for the few minutes before we were let in about how ridiculous it was to not let two more people in. It was actually embarrassing how upset he was.

When we came into the stretching room he rushed right to where the exit door will be because he HAS to be the first one out of the room. He didn't even realize I wasn't following him. I just told the CM I had to get out of there and left him in the stretching room alone.

I have no idea what happened when he realized I wasn't there. I left him a voice mail that I was sorry to desert him that way but we just weren't compatible. Never heard from him again.

Lol, I usually try to be first at the exit too. If not then we hang back and exit last to hear the whispers.

Brer Mickey

Original Poster

The irony of ending a relationship in the Haunted Mansion is not lost on me.

I_heart_Tigger

Lol, I usually try to be first at the exit too. If not then we hang back and exit last to hear the whispers.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. For me it was the loud ranting before we even got in the building that was the problem. Knowing that he would head right across the room just left me with an escape route :)

wdwjmp239

Seriously, why would you want to break up and intentionally create such a bad memory at WDW? "Gee, I'm now walking past the place where I told my significant other I don't love them anymore. Now I'm walking past the spot where they broke down crying. Now that spot where they dumped that cup of soda on me. Oh look, Space Mountain has only a 30 minute wait." Seriously, why at WDW?

I think it was more for the humor element. I was nineteen when I broke up with my ex g/f at MK. We called it quits right after we got off the monorail. It was just time to move on, that's all. We thought a weekend at Disney would help relieve any stress in our relationship, but when you're nineteen, relationships come and go. As far as the drive home back to Naples, FL was concerned, she had me drop her off at her aunt's house in Lakeland where she stayed there (I guess her parents were coming up to get her or her aunt was going to Naples anyways). So, the drive home.....wasn't so bad.

Fast forward 19 years later (I'm 38 now), I'm married to my best friend of 15 years, we have two beautiful children together, and life just doesn't get any better than this. As far as my ex is concerned? I still run into her from time to time (she's a receptionist/medical assistant at my physician's office) and we're more civil now to each other than we were back then. Funny how that worked out. =)

PUSH

After the MK parade point to something and say "look at that!" Then step your way into the masses of people leaving and he/she will never find you!

PS: I recommend you have another hotel room booked, preferabley at a different resort if you do plan on continuing your vacation.

MacRtst

Go on an attraction like Rockin' Roller Coaster that takes pictures. Just as it takes the shot, hold up a sign that says "IT'S OVER". He/She will automatically have that shocked face on. THEN, if your really good...buy the picture and send it to them as a "memento" of the joyous occasion.:D

BryceM

Push her off the side of the boat in "it's a small world" and let her drown while listening to the dolls sing....

Just kidding...

The Duck

Here's some lines you could use:

1. "Honey, our relationship is like Mission Space Orange. Every time I go around with you, I want to puke my guts out".
2. While on POTC (assuming she's not a redhead) "Come to think of it, I want the redhead too. Take a hike you repulsive cow".
3. During the Splash Mountain riverboat/finale scene, start singing in a loud voice. "Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee ay. You turn my stomach in every way. Don't ever call me, starting today. Zip a dee doo dah... You're a bad lay".

PUSH

Here's some lines you could use:

1. "Honey, our relationship is like Mission Space Orange. Every time I go around with you, I want to puke my guts out".
2. While on POTC (assuming she's not a redhead) "Come to think of it, I want the redhead too. Take a hike you repulsive cow".
3. During the Splash Mountain riverboat/finale scene, start singing in a loud voice. "Zip a dee doo dah, zip a dee ay. You turn my stomach in every way. Don't ever call me, starting today. Zip a dee doo dah... You're a bad lay".

I feel you put more thought into this than most of us. :p

Walt Disney1955

Would it be a little too obvious to blow a kiss at one of the Princesses during the parade? I mean, to avoid the leg work why not make her break up with YOU at Disney? It will save the hassle and she'll never know how relieved you really are.

How about leaving her alone on Tom Sawyer Island? Again, pretty easy way to make her mad at you.

jharvey

Disney has always been my magical escape from reality and I have wanted to share it with that 'special someone' for as long as I can remember. Twice I booked trips for me and that person....went all out with the best resort, best restaurants, best experiences....and damn if each time the person decided to dump me before the trip.

I still went - but alone. I always tell the story about how I finally decided to get something to eat (I refused to go to a table serve restaurant in Disney alone) and bought some fish and chips in Epcot. As I went to sit at one of the tables, a CM told me the area was being closed for an event. Then, it started to rain. I am standing there with my tray of food, alone, and getting wet. I was pretty bummed. I finally saw an overhang by the UK pavilion outside the stores next to the gardens. So I sat on the cement, protected from the rain and reflected on how I looked like a homeless person (although with better food and accommodations.) I can't walk by that area without thinking of that night...and that trip.....

Damn.

FettFan

I_heart_Tigger: "There's always my way out!"

slappy magoo

My suggestion? Go on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. When the ride begins, aim at your significant other and just keep firing with a dull dead look in your eyes. Don't smile, don't smirk, just deadpan. When the ride ends, say "Much like life, I lost. Again." At this point your S.O. will probably ask if you want to breakup. With feigned ignorance and righteous indignation, yell: "You're breaking up with ME? HERE? On our VACATION? Everyone I know was right about you! You're a monster! Fine! Break up with me! Whatever makes YOUUUUUUUU HAPPY!" Then turn on one heel, walk away and don't look back.

But that's me, I'm a sucker for romance.

slappy magoo

On the flip side what I really REALLY wanted to do when I proposed at WDW but knew it would never fly, is hire a Bob Parr character to approach us, and I'd hand him a lump of coal, have him shove it up his keister, hunker down like he were turtling and trying not to lose it, and then have him pull out her engagement ring.

Matt_Black

On the flip side what I really REALLY wanted to do when I proposed at WDW but knew it would never fly, is hire a Bob Parr character to approach us, and I'd hand him a lump of coal, have him shove it up his keister, hunker down like he were turtling and trying not to lose it, and then have him pull out her engagement ring.

I'm not sure if I should be appalled or envious.

MY_NAME_STITCH

Just before the announcement on board the monorail, look at them and say "Please stand clear of me... Por favor Mentenganse alegado de mi."

JerseyDad

.....go to the Peter Pan ride ....wait on line together for 2 hours ........as you get to the entrance ....whisper to them, "I guess we're going on a trip to Never Never Land ....and in keeping with the customs .....I Never Never want to see you again... but I hear the alligator is single" ....and then duck off the line and leave' em standing there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom