It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

AndyP

While I'll be quite happy to see the wand down to see SSE as it was originally again, I wasn't really that opposed to the wand anyway. I always thought it looked great at night (Ok when it had all the bulbs on lol) and it I think it will be quite strange without it! I'm glad so many people are so happy about this, but I'm quite surprised, I mean I love Disney and I am obsessed but really in the context of everything it wasn't that bad even if you hated it and won't admit it!

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
No.

Proof that some people (myself included) will never be happy with stupid decision making based around one area of Disney World.

It is not a case of take it as it is or leave it, it's a case of care about the place and push to see it improved.

A stupid decision being of course one that you just happen to disagree with.

:rolleyes:

Mansion Butler

Did you see the topic about the removal of that stupid little kiosk that was blocking the mirror column? When that was removed people were blown away by how different and better the area looked! Now imagine the removal of a huge thing like the wand. The original perspectives are restored to the park.

I hate Imagineer Rebirth, but here's one time they were right about part of the problem with the wand: ruined perspective.

BruceWayne

wow!

ive been having the worst day today, so when i finally came home to check out my favorite site (!) i was so excited to see the wand is going to be gone!

guys let me tell a story real quick....

when i was younger my parents took me to disneywordl, and epcot was my absolute favorite. it was just so neat! i loved SSE! and still do!

but then about 10 years later my parents took me back because my dog had just passed away and i was about to leave their house for college and we show up and there is this wand attached to MY ride!

i just absolutely cried my eyes out. you might think this is weird but it just ruined the memory for me, it ruined epcot and my whole disney experience. i havent been back since.

this is seriously just a great day in my life now, im so excited! i hated that wand with every fiber in my being, baddddd memories!

wdwfan887

Wow this is great news. I have been going to "the world" for a long time and everytime I saw that cursed wand I really felt like my soul died just a little bit. I started to wonder to myself what can I do to show Mickey that even though I love him very much I don't like his hand on SSE. Doesn't he know his dad Walt would never have put that there ?!? Anyway I have what I consider a pretty impressive pin collection and just out of protest I haven't bought any pins with SSE on them!

I am so glad now that the wand will be gone soon. I was telling one of my myspace friends the other day how it just took away some of the magic from epcot. Epcot is about the future, unless you're in the world showcase of course lol! I know a lot of people say we're nerds and dorks and losers becasue we care about this so much but it's only becuase they're jealous that they don't understand the disney magic like we do. now we just have to get rid of the hat at mgm! lol!

Anyway what a great way to end the week. Now back to my donuts.

Enderikari

Truth be told, I have never been at Epcot, for say, the Food and Wine Festival and been drinking my glass of Ice Wine and said, "This is a great wine, but the Wand over there completely ruins it."

I am totally indifferent towards it, I am happy that people have something to get excited about, but I am going to keep going to WDW all the same, still seeing my American Adventure, and still drinking my beverages

jmvd20

If this is the best day of people's lives and the happiest you have been in months... I truly feel for you.

Seeing SSE without the wand is something I am looking forward to, however it did not alter my mood in the least. I will go to WDW and enjoy it with or without the wand.

WISH4EE@WDW

Truth be told, I have never been at Epcot, for say, the Food and Wine Festival and been drinking my glass of Ice Wine and said, "This is a great wine, but the Wand over there completely ruins it."

I might not share the indifference. However, I can appreciate the subtlety of that joke. Seriously I laughed out loud and typically don't. :lol::ROFLOL:

Bluewaves

Bye Bye wand its was nice knowing you for a short time, not really, your time was supposed to be short but you long over stayed your welcome, like uncle Orville in COP, you won't be missed but for a misguided few and soon all the remants of Eisners mistakes will be gone too.

So so long wand may you be made into many beer cans and car hoods and air conditioners and housing for 3 rd world ghettos and whatever else you scrap ends up in. So long and goodbye may your memory fade quickly from my mind.

Now we can focus on keeping COP open, functional and well maintained.

Harry456

you know its a wand thread when there are over 16 pages on the take-down of the wand. lol, god bless the wand and the people, who can write over 16 pages on it, who hate it.

i feel indifferent. i mean i saw it without the wand for two trips and now two with and i didn't care about the wand. yea, it was an eye-sore but i didn't care.

here a kinda, yay, for its take-down? yay?

KevinPage

A good idea, but the problem is, it doesn't actually fit Epcot very well. It has little to nothing to do with the spirit of the place.

:rolleyes: So the font style not "fit the spirit" ? :rolleyes:

I'm not intending to be rude or smarky but puh-lease. The spirit of Epcot was not a theme park, hence nothing in the original 1982 is valid by that logic.

I just want the entrance to have some "pomp & circumstance" to it. A resourceful way of using something they paid $$$ for is to reuse the wand at the front gate (if at all possible).

Mansion Butler

:rolleyes: So the font style not "fit the spirit" ? :rolleyes:

I'm not intending to be rude or smarky but puh-lease. The spirit of Epcot was not a theme park, hence nothing in the original 1982 is valid by that logic.

I just want the entrance to have some "pomp & circumstance" to it. A resourceful way of using something they paid $$$ for is to reuse the wand at the front gate (if at all possible).

You've gotta be kidding me. What part of Future World fits with a huge, cartoon hand holding a magic wand? What about World Showcase? It doesn't fit, it doesn't follow the theme of Epcot.

And we can debate about Epcot not maintaining its true spirit elsewhere, I'll probably agree with alot of it, but that wand doesn't fit what Epcot was or is. It just doesn't. The wand represents cartoons and magic. Epcot is about technology and reality.

Maybe a smaller version at the Imagionation Pavilion. Maybe, that's about the only place it actually reflects Epcot. It's sort've like putting a representation of Hollywood at DAK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom