It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

WDWGuide

Now I expect nothing but high-resolution digital photograph series and a multi-part HD-quality documentary on the disassembly to be posted on the forums!

Eyorefan

This is Awesome!!! I can't wait to be there Oct. 1 to see this. This is awesome!!!!!
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

WeLComeHomE OKW

i still cant believe this....

the weirdest thing about this is....last night i had a dream that i saw the big ball without the wand. and i couldnt believe what i was seeing. NO JOKE. i just cant believe that this happened today, right after that dream. (i probably dreamed about it cuz i was at epcot last night (after i saw the magic kingdom fireworks which were AMAZING) and it took me 45 minutes to leave the parking lot)

its freaking me out.

am i raven?

Thats so Garrett. Its the future i can see. Thats so Garrett, so mysteriouslyyyy--eeee. :lookaroun :lookaroun

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Hummer1676

Simply Awesome! I can't hardly stand it.

They said their starting to remove it MONDAY. Awesome. I wonder how long it will take.

MERF find the papers at the controllers office!

WWallaceII

Will be there 2 weeks before Oct 1st, I hope that at least most of it is gone by then so I get a photo :D

Never seen anything other than with the wand, so should be good :D :D :D

Champion

Congrats to all of you who actually thought this was a big deal.

I still maintain that once its down, a good percentage of you will go 'Wow, that didn't change anything.'
Thinking its gaudy and takes away from the architecture is one thing. Thinking it symbolizes something 'against the spirit of EPCOT' is another.

nelsonj3

That's fantastic news!!!! I'm glad it is finally official. My wife hasn't ever seen SSE without the Wand, so I'm glad she'll finally get the chance soon.

:D :D :sohappy: :sohappy:

Edit: I wonder when the permits will come out for this??

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
By the way -- this is actually the top story on the Sentinel website at the moment. Didn't realize it'd be that big of a deal outside the mouse universe.

EDIT: Jim, if you're reading this, please join us October 1st at 10AM at the EPCOT logo on the ground near Fountain of Nations so we can all personally thank you. :D
Will we all be doing the Wayne and Garth drop to our knees "Were not worthy!" thing if he shows up?

ScottBA

Weird timing. My family and I were watching an old video of Epcot (circa 1991) yesterday (getting everyone excited about our upcoming trip in September).

My youngest daughter, who turns 3 this month, kept pointing to Spaceship Earth and saying "Where's Mickey's Arm?"

I almost felt bad that I have been wishing so hard for it be torn down. Almost. :animwink:

Slipknot

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!! It is about time. I liked it at first with the year 2000. Now it just looks cheesy.

Now the only thing that has to go (or get moved elsewhere) is the hat in front of the Chinese Theater at MGM!!!!!!!!! :fork:

crassmonkey

It was ugly and did not fit with what Epcot is all about. It would have belonged better in MGM or MK.

Now I will be even more excited if it's gone by Sept. 16th for our trip! But I'm not holding my breath.:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

dxwwf3

Ding dong the witch is dead :sohappy:

That's fantastic to see it officially, even though because of the great sources we have at WDWMagic, we knew this was "official" a long time ago.

This is the best thing Disney could have done for Epcot's 25th. Maybe they DO care a little about us :ROFLOL:

WWallaceII

Good point Champion, when I went to WDW last year for the first time I thought it looked great, to me it was a Disney symbol - Start the flaming now :lol: - But seriously, it stuck in my head as the first thing I saw when I visited and so its quite special.

I then came home from my holiday, found this forum - and found the hatred for it!

I am looking forward to seeing it minus the wand, but part of me will be sad about it too.

MaXXimus

Im really tempted to cash in a couple of my CDs @ the bank, just to go back down for a couple days after its gone and get some pics before they descide to toss some ears or somethign on it :D

Buried20KLeague

Will be there 2 weeks before Oct 1st, I hope that at least most of it is gone by then so I get a photo :D

Never seen anything other than with the wand, so should be good :D :D :D

I could be wrong, but I'd imagine the article is slightly incorrect in saying it'll take till Oct to get the wand down. My guess is the wand should come down fairly quickly, and it's all the changes to SSE that will take to October.

Either way, I can't believe we're actually talking about an actual article in the press confirming the wand coming down!! This is helping the post 4th hangover. :sohappy: :sohappy:

I recall Corrus swearing it wasn't ever going to happen. Glad he was wrong.

dxwwf3

EDIT: Jim, if you're reading this, please join us October 1st at 10AM at the EPCOT logo on the ground near Fountain of Nations so we can all personally thank you. :D

That would be awesome. Unfortunately I won't be able to make it down, but that would be a great moment.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Good bye, good riddance.

Wand, you don't have to go home... you just have to go :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom