It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

CThaddeus

Tired of Wand threads? Quit reading them. Duh.

As for me, I'll be celebrating Spaceship Earth's Independence Day on Monday. I guess I'll have to change my avatar now. Time to pick on that wretched Hat more. This definitely makes up for not winning the night in Cinderella's Castle while I was there (as if I had a chance!). One of my dreams actually came true. Now to bring the EPCOT back to Epcot (die Test Track and awful JIYI, die!).

CrashNet

I'm just celebrating the end of wand threads!
Exactly. I could care less, but FINALLY, no more bickering over the damn thing. I never even looked in them, they just flooded the forums.

As for disassembly, it may very well take that long if they do it at night (which they probably will) and literally take it apart piece by piece, which I imagine will also be the case since it is so close to SSE and other structures.

EPCOT Explorer

YES!!!!!!

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:
I am so thrilled about this!It's about time to se SSE in all it's futeristic glory1

I'm kinda glad I got to see it one last time on the 30th for my B-day.It is a peice of Disney History after all.Speaking of that...I wonder if shards of the wand will be used in a pin collection again?I would LOVE to get my hands on that.

Here's to Epcot's 25th!(I wanna go back already!!)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
It's great to know its "officially official". :D

I was already excited about the timing of our F&W trip to arrive on Oct. 1, Epcot's birthday, but to know that I'll be seeing SE restored just puts me completely over the top. :sohappy:

I thought that the wand was a nice, sparkly recognition of the new millennium, so I never really hated it, but did always feel that it should have come down with the end of the millennium celebration.

My guess is that we will now see a surge in "the hat must go" threads, or likelier still, "the tombstones must go". Why not try for the complete restoration of the entrance plaza to Epcot? :lol:

HoW

All I can say is thank you, thank you thank you!! :sohappy: I am one happy man, even happier that it will be down when I get there the last weekend of Sept/first week of Oct!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Exactly. I could care less, but FINALLY, no more bickering over the damn thing. I never even looked in them, they just flooded the forums.

As for disassembly, it may very well take that long if they do it at night (which they probably will) and literally take it apart piece by piece, which I imagine will also be the case since it is so close to SSE and other structures.
Agreed. If they were going to try and take it down during park hours OSHA would more than likely require them to shut down the entrance to the park as well as a good chunk of Future world.

BuzzComplexCM

Since I was always netural when it came to the wand all I have to say is, "Cool." It will be nice to see the original EPCOT once again but like others have said, the first few times I see it I will be feeling like something is missing.

I also want to send my congrats to the CM's who reported on it coming down recently, they obviously had some knowledge of this coming out at some point. Maybe, hopefully, from now on others on these boards will not be so quick to judge the Disney CM's!

ReDisniey E-Dew

Account Suspended
I would like to point out that the response given as this became more and more eminent caused park management to go ahead and get this done so quickly. The original plan had not been to remove the wand until at least Q4 of this year.

Disney fans make a difference.

kcnole

I am so excited. I may just have to take a special trip down now just to see it in its full SSE glory and not with that tacky wand that felt like someone had vandalized this work of art.

CrashNet

I would like to point out that the response given as this became more and more eminent caused park management to go ahead and get this done so quickly. The original plan had not been to remove the wand until at least Q4 of this year.

I sensed thats why the decision and execution were so close together. Thanks for the verification.

MSTCrow

glad to hear it, but they got stuff wrong in the article. Cinderella Castle is 189 feet tall, not 180. The Sorcerer Mickey Hat is 122 feet tall, not 100. The Sentinel annoys me...if I can find proper figures online, they should be able to.

Yeah, the internet is never wrong.

Anyway, the numbers probably come from Disney's media site, which is as current and relevant as it apparently is accurate.

RiversideBunny

Please ask them to hurry up about the tombstones in EPCOT also.
Thanks.

:)

WhyteAL

I was gonna type something cute and funny...but all I really feel is relief...so I'll just clap and smile...

:D

:sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom