It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

Mansion Butler

I know...those first 17 years of Epcot's existence were mind-numbingly boring. If they take out the tombstones and replace them with grass and trees, I'll just stop visiting the park altogether. You don't have to deal with crap the grass, trees, and artistry at Six Flags, so I'll go there instead.

Official Post of the Day

Mansion Butler

Um, it seems to me that Mansion Butler was stating his opinion about what's important to those on these boards rather than his own personal opinion. :shrug: Of course, I'm offended that he would say such a thing about me. :lookaroun :D

I don't actually think anyone here even thinks the wand coming down is a bigger deal than paying their bills this month. But being on a message board completely devoted to talking about the most minute details and speculation about Disney World, it should be expected that this sort of stuff seems on par with the second coming of Christ.

Go to a video game, movie, or politics board and it will seem the same way about the same subjects.

dxwwf3

I don't actually think anyone here even thinks the wand coming down is a bigger deal than paying their bills this month. But being on a message board completely devoted to talking about the most minute details and speculation about Disney World, it should be expected that this sort of stuff seems on par with the second coming of Christ.

Go to a video game, movie, or politics board and it will seem the same way about the same subjects.

I'm glad someone else gets it.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member

So what you are saying, if we went to say a Live Earth message board, they would be raving over how much of a success the Live Earth concerts were even though they were insignificant and did nothing to help the evironment while producing tons of carbon to put it on?:shrug:

speck76

Yes cause a we all know that theme park themeing is far more important than the lives of servicemen and women.

Ill send the Cirque your resume I hear they are looking for clowns.

come on Pumba......you have been around here long enough to know that the vast majority of members are idiots that only care about their own enjoyment and nothing else.

goofyfan13

So what you are saying, if we went to say a Live Earth message board, they would be raving over how much of a success the Live Earth concerts were even though they were insignificant and did nothing to help the evironment while producing tons of carbon to put it on?:shrug:

Hmmm, so I guess I wasn't one of the only ones who saw the irony with those concerts....:lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Attachments

• wand 19-20.jpg
    wand 19-20.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 402

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Looks like it. Definately shorter then yesterday.

Ya'll are very luckey i'm cute. I managed to get my other half to agree to get up at 7am now to go with me to get photos. (It works out to like 3 hours of driving for 3 hours at WDW since there are places to be this afternoon).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Merf, many thanks to you and your other half from 4000 miles away (just so she thinks you arn`t completely mad!)

brkgnews

Definitely got a chopping overnight. Look through the five minute loops and you can see welding flashes at 2:55AM and then again throught the rest of the dawn's early light. :D

goofntink

Just got in from Epcot from last night. I can confirm the vertical section was removed to just above the curved section over SE .A second crane is being brought in to help remove the curved tower section over SE tonight.:sohappy:

goofntink

Got my fingers crossed. Crane is being brought today.We won't be working there tonight. But will be going to the parks tommorrow,and I assure you that will be our first stop in the morning. I called and left a message for Mike on his voicemail,who is the foreman for Coastal Steel to see if they are working tonight. I left before they were done this morning and didn't get a chance to find out if they were working tonight.

I wonder if you know who is getting pictures this morning?:lookaroun Anybody know?If he saw the instacam pic if figure he probably burned rubber out the driveway to get over there!:D

Duh, Dee DE Dee. Should read the page, would have seen MouseMerf say going to be there at 7 a.m.:hammer: :brick:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Looks like it. Definately shorter then yesterday.

Ya'll are very luckey i'm cute. I managed to get my other half to agree to get up at 7am now to go with me to get photos. (It works out to like 3 hours of driving for 3 hours at WDW since there are places to be this afternoon).
hmmm, did we vote on this merf... i think we would have to get a confirmation vote on this from the women on the site before you could claim this. nothing big, just a technicality :lol:

Today between 6:20 and 6:30 there was a lot of crane action if you look at the webcam:
http://www.instacam.com/InstaCAM/im...LKBNV&DateString=07202007&Rerun=Rerun&Views=5
thanks for refreshing an old thread instead of starting a whole new one. that would make for the possible 100 thread about the deconstruction. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom