It's official!!! I'm going back.. November here we come!!

Tinkerbella16

I have been begging my sister and brother-in-law to go in November. We've all been getting the Disney Itch. I looked at airfare today and once again scored probably the lowest I'll ever find just like I did last year around this same time. $159 round trip, nonstop per person!! That came to $479 for all 3 of us to and from Orlando!! I could not pass it up. I don't think I'll ever find that good of a price.

We are going November 12-18th, staying at Pop Century (my sister loves Pop, so I agreed to skip on my beloved POR/POFQ this time and save money). We are booking through KK.

I am so excited!!!!!! I did not think I was making it back this year. Our 2015 trip is already a definite so going this year also is amazing!! HAPPY PLANNING!!!

draybook

I REALLY loved December. It was nice and cool, which is a bonus for me because I get hot easily. The crowds were pretty low and the Christmas decorations were nice.

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

We're also planning on November...hoping it doesn't fall through. Looks like we'll be leaving right before you arrive. We've been a little later in Nov before and the weather was really pleasant. Also great to have all of the Christmas decorations up or starting to go up.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Yay! How exciting!
I almost booked a flight on Spirit out of Atlantic City. But then got a excellent deal flying Frontier out of Trenton. Having cheap airlines like Spirit and Froniter fly from Jersey to Orlando makes it hard not to go! LOL
Have an amazing time!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Yay! How exciting!
I almost booked a flight on Spirit out of Atlantic City. But then got a excellent deal flying Frontier out of Trenton. Having cheap airlines like Spirit and Froniter fly from Jersey to Orlando makes it hard not to go! LOL
Have an amazing time!

Thank you! And I completely agree.. people say "how come you don't take Southwest? Spirit nickles and dimes everyone and charges for you bags" even with the bag fees, my flights are under $200 roundtrip per person and Southwest has been too high. I even like AC airport much better than Philly... it is much smaller and less hectic to get there and get through security.

Upvote 0

harryk

I normally go in November..does that count? LOL :happy: Congrats to all! That being said we'll be down there Halloween week and then I recently surprised my daughter with a quickie trip 12/20 - 12/24. I just love all the planning but I refuse to be there on actual Christmas Day - I want to be able to actually move in the parks! lol !:)
Will still be very crowded - did this a couple of years ago and did not enjoy the 90 minute line to HM.

Upvote 0

PrincessNelly_NJ

Thank you! And I completely agree.. people say "how come you don't take Southwest? Spirit nickles and dimes everyone and charges for you bags" even with the bag fees, my flights are under $200 roundtrip per person and Southwest has been too high. I even like AC airport much better than Philly... it is much smaller and less hectic to get there and get through security.

Agreed. I always hate that you can't pick seats on Southwest too. We flew round trip Trenton to Orlando for $108 dollars plus $40 in baggage fees in September. Far cheaper than Southwest or Jetblue and it was one of the most relaxing flights because I didn't have to stress about getting through security and navigating the masses of people.
I may try Spirit in October! :)

Upvote 0

stevehousse

Were u going to do a pre trip report at all? Hope u were able to get all the ADRs u wanted! It's been hard to get times this year for some reason for that week we r both there! Also r u doing free dining?

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Were u going to do a pre trip report at all? Hope u were able to get all the ADRs u wanted! It's been hard to get times this year for some reason for that week we r both there! Also r u doing free dining?

I just might do a pre trip report! I love reading everyone elses!

This year we switched it up and we're doing the free quick service dining plan. We didn't want table service meals everyday, we want it to be more relaxed pace. So we are paying OOP for 2 meals.. we wanted Be Our Guest but when I went online at 6am AND called at 7am on our 180 day mark, it was booked solid the entire week. We had a back-up plan, so now we are booked at The Garden Grill- haven't been there since I was a kid so we are excited for it. I read nothing but great reviews. We are also booked for Hoop Dee Doo in Category 1 seating! That is my favorite meal in WDW so I am real excited for that!

Upvote 0

Mr Anderson

We are going November 12-18th, staying at Pop Century (my sister loves Pop, so I agreed to skip on my beloved POR/POFQ this time and save money).

My wife and I are going Dec 4 - Dec 12 and staying at POR, and this will be our first time to not stay at a value resort. Can you give me a breakdown of why POR/POFQ are your beloved resorts? I have noticed I have ONLY heard positive things about POR since we booked our trip, which is kinda rare because people are normally so forthcoming with negative opinions way before they say anything positive. So I wanted to get your opinion since I've seen you post a lot on here, and I want to know what to watch out for or pay attention to. You can feel free to send your reply in a message if you don't want to derail the thread. :)

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
WOW- 159 is awesome! We booked for September 20-28, but our airfare was around $350 a person, roundtrip.

Ive never been there at that time, hopefully POFQ is fun.

My Mom and Stepdad are going a couple days before we arrive and they cannot find airfare for less than $350 per person out of Philly or AC. Ours was so low because weare flying out and coming home on a weekday so it is much cheaper. They are flying out on Sunday and coming home Saturday but now they may leave on Monday just to save a little on flights and come home Sunday. Airfare is insane right now!

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

My Mom and Stepdad are going a couple days before we arrive and they cannot find airfare for less than $350 per person out of Philly or AC. Ours was so low because weare flying out and coming home on a weekday so it is much cheaper. They are flying out on Sunday and coming home Saturday but now they may leave on Monday just to save a little on flights and come home Sunday. Airfare is insane right now!

Seriously- airfare is nuts. I have friends in NJ and they swear by Spirit and now I can see why. We went through Expedia for our trip, and to change airfare to Nonstop and not 9pm or 6AM, it was crazy!

Upvote 0
We're there Nov 9-19, and ALMOST flew because flights from Hartford were $209 on JetBlue (1 free personal item, carry on, and checked bag per person). We like driving too much, but it was tempting!!

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

Original Poster
Seriously- airfare is nuts. I have friends in NJ and they swear by Spirit and now I can see why. We went through Expedia for our trip, and to change airfare to Nonstop and not 9pm or 6AM, it was crazy!

Some people love Spirit and some people hate it but we love it! They charge for bags but even with paying for our luggage it works out to be just under $200 roundtrip per person! Can't beat it.

Upvote 0

CtDisneyGuy33

We're there Nov 9-19, and ALMOST flew because flights from Hartford were $209 on JetBlue (1 free personal item, carry on, and checked bag per person). We like driving too much, but it was tempting!!

Even 209 is cheap! I'm going down with friends and they swear by JetBlue, so thats what we are using... I've never driven down from CT, but I cant wait to the opportunity in the future. So many great stories from people make me jealous of those trips

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom