IT's offical Disney Stores SOLD!!

tigger248

I still consider myself a cm and use disney terms (as does the others in the store). It's hard to stop (I've used Disney terms at Six Flags before and people look at me like I'm nuts). People will always "autograph" their charge receipts when I'm working because, well Disney is embedded in my brain and my work ethics.

I'm hoping to be able to return to my store at some point, hopefully next fall for next season. Maybe then I'll be able to stay, which is what I'd really hoped for this year.

Most of our guests have no idea about the change over. Eventually, I think we'll get some unhappy people when they can't do catalog or online returns, but so far people have been understanding. I made a purchase last night and on the log sheet, there were mostly TDS cm's but there were probably 5 or 6 TCP people on it too.

weluvtink

I love my store and the people I work with. I don't care who's name is on my paycheck. We have fun and we are selling products we like. Just remember that we are lucky to have jobs at all. Some people can't afford to be picky.

TheDisneyGirl02

tigger248 said:
I made a purchase last night and on the log sheet, there were mostly TDS cm's but there were probably 5 or 6 TCP people on it too.

I don't like the log because I think it takes up too much time. When it's busy like it is now, having to fill in a log takes up valuable seconds away from the next guest. Oh well...maybe something can be changed in the future to make it easier on everybody.

As for being a CM, I know in my heart that I'm still a CM and will always be a CM. When I go to WDW next, I will still hold my head high and know that I'm a CM no matter what. I guess my manager put it best, "It's sort of like getting rid of an ex-girlfriend who doesn't want you and getting an even better one".

TheDisneyGirl02

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
I see your point of the girl friend thing I worked for Disney and she was one hell of a girlfriend I wish we where married.Dont see any good perks working for the childrens place,my kids have outgrown all the clothes and the park tickets are a joke.So to me I miss that old good looking girlfriend a lot instead of the ugly girl we have now.If you like retail then maybe the new girl looks good with a bag on her head that says Disney on it but I dont.As for the not haveing a job,Disney was paying a little over minimum wage.I didnt even make a $1000.00 last year working there.But I didnt work there for the big bucks just the parks discounts and to work for Disney.I want my old girlfriend back :cry: she was so hot!

tigger248

I'm not real crazy about the log either. It really does take a lot of time, especially since it needs the second signature. I'm hoping that it's just a temporary thing, until they get the discount codes fixed or whatever. Either that, or that they want to try to track how many TCP employees are shopping in our store.

weluvtink

walts son 1971 said:
I see your point of the girl friend thing I worked for Disney and she was one hell of a girlfriend I wish we where married.Dont see any good perks working for the childrens place,my kids have outgrown all the clothes and the park tickets are a joke.So to me I miss that old good looking girlfriend a lot instead of the ugly girl we have now.If you like retail then maybe the new girl looks good with a bag on her head that says Disney on it but I dont.As for the not haveing a job,Disney was paying a little over minimum wage.I didnt even make a $1000.00 last year working there.But I didnt work there for the big bucks just the parks discounts and to work for Disney.I want my old girlfriend back :cry: she was so hot!
So are you saying that if TCP offered you park discounts you'd stay? That doesn't sound like loyalty to Walt to me.

walts son 1971

Account Suspended
No I would not have stayed if they kept all my discounts the main reason was working for Disney and the park discounts where second.Yes the park discounts where a strong second,the store discount is ok but never bought much there.Only bought stuff back when we had sericells,but for about the last 4 years all we have had is crap.I made more purchases from the catalog and they always had better stuff.Im not going to stop going to the parks now that I dont have a discount anymore,and will still only watch disney animation.Im the guy that wont allow anything shrek in my house we have never seen the movie because it makes fun of Disney.Yes Im a Disney freak working at the store made me feel closer to the company I love.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom