its gonna rain all week.. when do they put up the dome..

esskay

I’m here at old key west for the week. Yesterday morning was absolutely fine, made it over to a deserted volcano bay and walked on to every ride. The afternoon was horrible, with lightning strikes across Disney property, causing an evacuation at the yacht club.

Ended the day watching the fireworks st hollywood studios in torrential rain.

Today looks like it’s going to be the same, fine in the morning, set in the afternoon/evening.

Don’t let weather rule your trip, role with it, stick a poncho on and get those rides done!

DisneyPrincess5

We are going next week for the first time in 2 years. I don’t mind the rain per say at home or even at WDW, but we go so infrequently and we have so been looking forward to the sun and some pool time. We’re supposed to do Discovery Cove too. We’ll see!

Sonconato

Although is has been raining a LOT this past week and it looks like it's going to continue, we did get to see one of the nice things the rain brings this past Saturday!

Tomorrowland Rainbow.JPG

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Although is has been raining a LOT this past week and it looks like it's going to continue, we did get to see one of the nice things the rain brings this past Saturday!

View attachment 285120
I was back at Dumbo when that rainbow popped up. Really nice. The rain has honestly been really irritating this week. We come 3 times a year and have for years and I honestly think this is the most consistent rain I've ever seen. Today has been nice though. For years I've said I was gonna buy that DVC raincoat but just never did. So then I finally went to buy it the other day and they weren't selling it anymore so I got it today at the DVC EPCOT lounge and I kid you not it has not rained a drop since. I will never get the credit I deserve though. LOL!

Sonconato

I was back at Dumbo when that rainbow popped up. Really nice. The rain has honestly been really irritating this week. We come 3 times a year and have for years and I honestly think this is the most consistent rain I've ever seen. Today has been nice though. For years I've said I was gonna buy that DVC raincoat but just never did. So then I finally went to buy it the other day and they weren't selling it anymore so I got it today at the DVC EPCOT lounge and I kid you not it has not rained a drop since. I will never get the credit I deserve though. LOL!
If you buying that raincoat made it stop...buy more! I think I can honestly say we've had enough rain now but it sounds like we're out of luck!

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

If you buying that raincoat made it stop...buy more! I think I can honestly say we've had enough rain now but it sounds like we're out of luck!
Well I did buy it at a 20% discount so maybe I only bought us a break instead of a totally sunny forecast. LOL! I'm with you though. I'm willing to do anything to get rid of this rain. All I can say is our October trip had better be dry!

GVentola

I often go to the local theme parks (Disney & Universal's) on Saturdays, but cancelled the last two weeks because of the rainy weather. Ended up just going out to eat, and this past Saturday, to the movies. No big deal, I can wait, but I do wish all this rainy, cloudy weather would go away for a while. It makes me think of that old song, "Both Sides Now": "so many things I would've done, but clouds got in the way."

Herdman

Just got back from our trip last week, and it rained some at least every day. Fantasmic was the only thing actually cancelled during our stay. It was a highly unusual weather pattern bringing moisture south to north from the tropics so it rained for longer periods of time than the typical Florida summer 10 min storm. It kept the temps down though and maybe the crowds down some, so all in all we still had a great week!

Dreaming of Disney World

We were just there for a week, and it rained every day, usually for hours at a time. Sometimes it downpoured. My shoes, and our stroller were soaked. My advice for myself for next time: bring water shoes, bring a stroller cover, bring better quality ponchos than the cheap ones which broke easily.

travellerman

Is it going to be the usual summer thunderstorms later this week? The kind that last bout 20 minutes or so and stop? Or is it supposed to continue raining all day type of rain?

bjlc57

Original Poster
well it rained the first 4 days of our stay.. the last two days in the park were super.. and of course we had a chamber of Commerce day the day we flew out.. yesterday.. but we did every thing that we wanted to do.. Haunted Mansion 3 times.. Buzz three times.. Soaring three or four times, Toy story three times.. Star wars 3 times. three different safari rides.. it was a real real good trip.

StephKn5582

Guys I am in tears here thinking most outdoor things will be closed from lightning next week. This is our family first time in Disney. We are going 5/27 thru 6/1. We saved for this trip for years, made all plans and reservations 6 months ago.
It would be devastating for this trip to be ruined. With the current storm is it likely to be thunderstorms most or all of the day? That's what it appears to be Sunday thru Tuesday.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Guys I am in tears here thinking most outdoor things will be closed from lightning next week. This is our family first time in Disney. We are going 5/27 thru 6/1. We saved for this trip for years, made all plans and reservations 6 months ago.
It would be devastating for this trip to be ruined. With the current storm is it likely to be thunderstorms most or all of the day? That's what it appears to be Sunday thru Tuesday.
First of all, good news (for Florida, anyway) -- Alberto is currently predicted to head more towards the Mississippi Gulf Coast than Florida. Even if it moves east, you'll find the weather to be quite episodic. Windy and rainy one minute, just windy the next. Thunderstorms blow through pretty quickly, and you can always pop into a shop/ride/attraction as one scoots over. As the storm develops, it will spin up "arms" (bands) and by keeping a weather eye on your weather app, you'll be able to track when the next batch of rough weather should appear.

(Obligatory climate pun) Don't get a depression; you should be able to weather the storm.

LauraRose

Please don’t cry! I’ve jusy came back and 10 Days of our 14 it rained and stormed. Bare in mind we go them dates to avoid that weather as we’ve never had that in May. I was so upset and even shed some tears myself looking at the forecast. It was perfectly fine most days it would be lovely until about 2pm then the storms would start and clear up at around 6pm. We did have some days where it rained heavily non stop but they was so many days predicted to be a washout and it just wasnt.

Rides only close if lightning in 5 miles, we had it happen on about 5 rides but you get the fastpass back to use until closing on nearly any ride. We always just waited until it re opened and it always did. It’s true that the parks go empty we went on TOT 6 times walk on and rock n roller coaster twice just because how dead it was with the rain.

I always made sure to have a jacket in the evening though as I found if it had been raining it would feel a lot cooler. I followed the Accu weather app which was brilliant and shows exactly when due to rain and for how long. Also the radar to see where the rains coming in was super helpful.

I spent way too long of my vacation being annoyed at the weather, I know people say oh it’s just rain but when you’ve waited so long and your excited to not see the rain it’s a bummer. I really hope it clears up for you, but please don’t worry too much about it, remember the weather changes every hour there take the forecast with a pinch of salt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom