its gonna rain all week.. when do they put up the dome..

bjlc57

Original Poster
Well kids , I am just about on my way to WDW.. and I am excited.. and i have cried many times.. and I am not yet on the plane.. I wish that my grandchild was coming but he is only 2 and it will be too much for him.. so I am going on a RECON mission.. to learn all the stuff that we never do because we never took a child that age to disney before. . (he will be 5 for the 50th and we ARE GOING.. ).. so I hear its' gonna rain all this week.. when do they put up the dome.. ROFLMBO.. and I need to find out what time the 3 pm parade is .. and find out when the monorail goes to Harry potter world.. but all in all I am in need of a vacation and I have not have had a week off in 2 and a half years. not in a row.. and I need some magic dust.. if you see this big moose this week pounding around the world say hi.. I am the guy who has the smile that isn't leaving his face. .and the guy crying walking into and out of the park.. and that big guy eating that turkey leg or the ribs or the Mickey on a Stick.. at 61 and at my size.. I don't know how many years I have left.. but I am going to see Mickey and tell him that me and my Grandson are coming to see him real real soon.. and neither of us can wait for that day.. Thanks for being here me gang. I really appreciate this site.. Kongaloosh..

epcotisbest

Well kids , I am just about on my way to WDW.. and I am excited.. and i have cried many times.. and I am not yet on the plane.. I wish that my grandchild was coming but he is only 2 and it will be too much for him.. so I am going on a RECON mission.. to learn all the stuff that we never do because we never took a child that age to disney before. . (he will be 5 for the 50th and we ARE GOING.. ).. so I hear its' gonna rain all this week.. when do they put up the dome.. ROFLMBO.. and I need to find out what time the 3 pm parade is .. and find out when the monorail goes to Harry potter world.. but all in all I am in need of a vacation and I have not have had a week off in 2 and a half years. not in a row.. and I need some magic dust.. if you see this big moose this week pounding around the world say hi.. I am the guy who has the smile that isn't leaving his face. .and the guy crying walking into and out of the park.. and that big guy eating that turkey leg or the ribs or the Mickey on a Stick.. at 61 and at my size.. I don't know how many years I have left.. but I am going to see Mickey and tell him that me and my Grandson are coming to see him real real soon.. and neither of us can wait for that day.. Thanks for being here me gang. I really appreciate this site.. Kongaloosh..

Dilly Dilly.
(OK, I admit, I don't even know what that means.)

LauraRose

Also praying for some fairy dust. From UK and live in gloomy rainy weather all year. I’m here until 22nd and it’s chucked it down for 3 days straight! I can’t stop checking the weather forecast :banghead:

Chef Mickey

Also praying for some fairy dust. From UK and live in gloomy rainy weather all year. I’m here until 22nd and it’s chucked it down for 3 days straight! I can’t stop checking the weather forecast :banghead:
It may not help since you said it’s been bad 3 days, but it really is rare for it to rain all day at Disney. It almost never rains at night.

You have 7-8 more days and even if rain is in the forecast daily, you’ll almost definitely have a lot of dry hours every day. The plus side is it’s so much cooler. Without rain, the heat/humidity can be a drag too. It absolutely sucks your energy.

Let us know if it improves.

mouse_luv

There's a tropical depression heading that way, so it's gonna rain, it sucks but that's going to FL this time of year for you.

LauraRose

It may not help since you said it’s been bad 3 days, but it really is rare for it to rain all day at Disney. It almost never rains at night.

You have 7-8 more days and even if rain is in the forecast daily, you’ll almost definitely have a lot of dry hours every day. The plus side is it’s so much cooler. Without rain, the heat/humidity can be a drag too. It absolutely sucks your energy.

Let us know if it improves.

Update; just looked outside and it’s way brighter than last few days and can even see the sun and the sky which has been non existent since Friday so that’s a plus. It’s still really early but better than nothing. Also on mikes weather page (Facebook) he’s updated chance of storm developing down to 10% and dry air from south is starting to choke rain off!
5AA773E2-EEF0-4E83-A7D5-4FA41BAAE90B.jpeg
3B045232-D2D0-4C61-98D0-688F50AA2CD7.jpeg

Last edited:

KBLovedDisney

Well, the good side of rain is it's going to cool things off a little and possibly make queue lines shorter, that is if you are willing to brave the rain.

(I promise you won't melt:joyfull:)

Get you a good rain coat versus a plastic poncho.

Chef Mickey

Update; just looked outside and it’s way brighter than last few days and can even see the sun and the sky which has been non existent since Friday so that’s a plus. It’s still really early but better than nothing. Also on mikes weather page (Facebook) he’s updated chance of storm developing down to 10% and dry air from south is starting to choke rain off!View attachment 283945View attachment 283948
Looks WAY better! A couple hours of rain in the afternoon every day is pretty normal, so hopefully you’ll have good mornings and evenings at least.

LauraRose

Looks WAY better! A couple hours of rain in the afternoon every day is pretty normal, so hopefully you’ll have good mornings and evenings at least.

Yeah it’s due about 4pm I don’t care about a few showers but when it’s all day it’s just depressing, especially after waiting 12 months for a sunny vacation! Still having a great time though :happy:

danyoung56

I'm a big fan of the little Disney umbrellas. Great coverage when needed, and when not they fit into my cargo shorts pocket like a gun in a holster!

DfromATX

Dilly Dilly.
(OK, I admit, I don't even know what that means.)

There's a guy on a cruise page that I follow that says that all the time. I never knew what it meant so I looked it up (LOL, I'm a nerd like that) and basically, it means you're giving your approval.

jloucks

Taarof_Iran_tradition_blog.jpg

I would not worry about rain in and of itself. You won't melt. The biggest problem with rain is if your socks get too wet, your feet will get waterlogged, and then blisters could form. Nasty business that. So, waterproof shoes, or flip flops, are the way to go.

Personally, flip flops don't work for me, but I see people in them.

eliza61nyc

If it's any consolation, the entire eastern seaboard is raining. I'm in philly and the last 4 days have been ugly and the next 5 are predicted to be. evidently there is some kind of depression stuck.

I'd rather be grey and raining in the world than stuck here in the city. Yuck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom