It's all good EXCEPT....

spike595

Original Poster
Well I just got back from a quick three day trip to the world.....Everything was great EXCEPT I got a speeding ticket on property just as I came in the Westway gate. What a great way to start a weekend trip. I was paranoid about driving around the whole weekend.

Everything else was great! Hit three parks in two days....walked on everything!!! Except 20 min wait on Soarin', Space Mountain , and EE. But it didn't seem like it 'cause I never stopped walking. Sort of a stroll through.

Nothing major to report that hasn't been covered this week. Except Space Mountain was down for a short time on Sat. DW and I went on TTA and got to see the inside with the lights on. Pretty cool. For those of you going this week I hope the crowds are the same for you. Now it's nap time.:snore:

Chape19714

Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself!

As for speeding, they have really been cracking down on that lately. It's mostly cast members that they catch, because they know the roads well, but not always. It's definately a great idea to watch your spped on property from now on! :lol:

I love how empty the parks are, it's great!

disneytati

Last year we got a speed ticket as well. We were driving from Orlando to Miami to catch a flight back to Brazil. It was not a fun experience... And we had to pay the fine online. But well.... it was not that bad.... Just 200 dollars... considering the exchange rates.... like 500 here. :dazzle:

Siege898

I was actually on Space Mountatin when it broke down on saturday. If, when on the TTA, you saw a car on the lift hill on your left side, I was in it. Glad you had fun.

spike595

Original Poster
Just for info, I was going 44 in a 35. And to stop me the deputy got out of his car and stepped out into the road in front of me.

Siege, I probably did see you... I commented to my wife that a car was stuck going up. That must've been pretty cool.

cm1988

Could have been worse

Orange County does the ticketing. The Epcot entrance is a favorite spot, and a dangerous one. People come flying in (some are cast members running late for work).

At the same time, other drivers are driving too slowly in the left hand lane... getting their first glimpse of WDW. They just rolled through the eye-catching sign "Where Dreams Come True" and a big 'ol Mickey, Minnie and Donald. These folks maybe have a map open, suddenly decide they want to cut over to the right hand lane to catch their exit to Downtown Disney.

No denying it, your ticket was a misfortune and had to effect your weekend. Plus I'm sure you weren't the fastest driver out there... heck, I've forgotten my speed many times in zipping through there... just haven't been the unlucky one caught. It could have been worse though. In addition to tagging you, that Orange County deputy in the median caused a steady stream of traffic in both directions to take it just a little slower. Maybe I'll remember, next time.

The entrance sign is nice... we all enjoy it. I wonder though, what does it cost?

spike595

Original Poster
It was about a quarter mile in just after the bridge he was parked in the median right by CS; you really cant see them because of a bend in the road. It drops down to 35 on the bridge and I didn't see the sign ( I was excited...weekend at WDW!) People flyin' by while he's writing the ticket. I was going 65 too but hit a red light at Bear Island intersection. Good thing. I would've had bigger fine.

disneytati

It was about a quarter mile in just after the bridge he was parked in the median right by CS; you really cant see them because of a bend in the road. It drops down to 35 on the bridge and I didn't see the sign ( I was excited...weekend at WDW!) People flyin' by while he's writing the ticket. I was going 65 too but hit a red light at Bear Island intersection. Good thing. I would've had bigger fine.

When we got our speed ticket, there were others really flying.... The officer said we were going like... 96 MPH, which my aunt said wasn't true, but we wouldn't argue. The officer was already ed because we didn't understand we were supposed to stop when we saw her blue lights flashing. We thought we just had to get out of her way. It was a 70MPH road, I guess, and we were going.. like... 80. My aunt said it's hard to keep low speed there, as our cars are not as smooth, and our roads not that good. So we don't feel we are going that fast, we are just not used to not feeling the car shaking...:lol:

CrashNet

They LOVE catching people at the EPCOT entrance, especially because the speed changes right as you go under the sign. And I'm not bitter because I got pulled over there too. :lol: Had the speed limit not changed, I would have been fine. I was going 10 mpg over and was still pulled.

Tramp

One of the first things I noticed during earlier visits to WDW (70s & 80s and early 90s) was the lack of police cars on the property. You were hard-pressed to find one and I chalked it up to the police not able to enforce the laws on private property.

I can't be sure but it seems to me that police cars began routinely patrolling and setting up radar traps sometime in the late 90s. Maybe a CM who drives the roads daily can better shed some light on this.:wave:

LilRoo714

Nothing like getting your first Magical Moment delivered by a police officer with a ticket... :drevil: Sorry to everyone who had that ruin their trip! Do be careful near that bridge right after the Disney sign - my friend got pulled over there once when I was with her. Not fun!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom