It's A Small World (Not the ride)

wilkeliza

This past trip it happened often. We kept running into the same people. I think it was because we were staying at the same resort. It seemed like we were always in the same line or on the same bus with them.

Marco226

This happened to me during my last trip in February. We ran into this one guy and his family several times at DHS and MK. After seeing them at ToT, the daughter ran up to me to ask where I got my Stitch hat because her dad loved it so much. Then we ran into them twice at Star Tours and then again when going to Space Mountain. I thought it was such a weird coincidence. Or maybe he was stalking me to try and steal my precious Stitch hat.. I dont know...

koryadams

Okay, we've all heard about the six degrees of separation for the real world. Is there a statistic for how many people at WDW have ran into each other during a trip?
First of all, GO BUCKS! (Ohio resident here)
So in April, in the Emporium while waiting to check out, I notice this guy with a bag I liked and I needed to get one to carry in the parks so we asked the couple where they got it then I found mine and was happy lol!

The next time we saw the couple was at Epcot a few days later, and they were in our tour group for the Undiscovered Future world! I mean what are the odds!???

It was so cool seeing them again and we talked alot but never saw eachother again.

I mean there have been times where I've seen people follow us all around but this seemed more amazing how out of so many people, we met up again the way we did!

MarkTwain

Not at WDW, but I ran into a good friend in London outside St. Paul's Cathedral... and we both live in Indiana. Completely unplanned. VERY bizarre.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In Paris we got talking to neighbours whilst waiting for Fantillusion.

One the second day we bumped into them in PotC

The third day, same thing In the studios. So we took their daughter on RnRC since her parents wouldnt ride. Big grin off her :)

zurgandfriend

I ran into an old Army buddy at the Main Street Bakery, he was there with his granddaughter and I was there with my son and they were the same age(groan). I have run into people from our home time serval times and a few cast members as well. The Bruins, Patriots or Red Sox hat my son and I are wearing usually starts a conversation beginning with "Where in New England are you from?"

shmmrname

We went on a week-long trip, knowing that my wife's boss would also be in the World for a couple overlapping days. We thought we'd be safe, you know, with the thousands and thousands of other people there.

But, as we grabbed our Fast Pass for the ToT, we ended up bumping into her boss and his family. Awkward.

JiminyandTink

For sure, this always happens to me too. I tend to notice families staying at our hotel at the parks too. It's funny how many times I have gotten on the bus at the hotel with a family and then just happen to get on the same bus heading back to the hotel in the evening too.

Minnie1976

It happen this past December. I saw this family at the airport. Then saw them at different parks during out trip and Christmas day they ate at Liberty Tavern at the same time we did.

NYwdwfan

Two stories come to mind:

Friends were down the same week for a wedding and were staying offsite and we were staying at GF. They were on their way to visit the bride at BLT and we ended up getting on the same monorail as them. We also ran into them at the Lunching Pad later in the week.

We were going into EPCOT last year and some rude lady and her mom squeezed themselves in front of us as we were approaching the turnstyle. The mom commented that the daughter led her around the line and cut in front of people and the daughter (in her 30's at least) replied, "I don't wait on lines". We then saw them EVERYWHERE in the park that day. Waiting in line for Soarin'. Waiting in line for Test Track. Waiting in line for an ice cream. EVERY time my husband, loud as can be, said, "HEY - ISN'T THAT THE LADY THAT DOESN'T WAIT IN LINES".

spoodles

I live in NY (state) and I have a nephew who lives in NC. Ran into him once in line at BTM, and a few years later in a store in Myrtle Beach -- both complete surprises!

eroyee

Two stories come to mind:

Friends were down the same week for a wedding and were staying offsite and we were staying at GF. They were on their way to visit the bride at BLT and we ended up getting on the same monorail as them. We also ran into them at the Lunching Pad later in the week.

We were going into EPCOT last year and some rude lady and her mom squeezed themselves in front of us as we were approaching the turnstyle. The mom commented that the daughter led her around the line and cut in front of people and the daughter (in her 30's at least) replied, "I don't wait on lines". We then saw them EVERYWHERE in the park that day. Waiting in line for Soarin'. Waiting in line for Test Track. Waiting in line for an ice cream. EVERY time my husband, loud as can be, said, "HEY - ISN'T THAT THE LADY THAT DOESN'T WAIT IN LINES".
That is so funny your hubby yelling about that lady in line.....serves her right......

MKCP 1985

It has been my experience over the years that if you pay attention, you will see some of the same people over and over again over the course of a day (so you had better be nice! ha ha ).

As for meeting people from these forums, I once happened to be visiting the same time for about 3 days as two other active forum members. I ran into one of them outside PhilharMagic and we visited for a few minutes. The other, I never saw. So my experience has been about 50% success in spotting people I knew would be in the park and knew to look for. :D

MissM

Ironically, it seems the inverse is true as well; when you specifically are looking for someone you know is there at the same time, you never find them. ;)

BiggerTigger

I pick on my husband that he is going to run into someone he knows at WDW. No matter where we go (except WDW) he runs into someone he knows. One of these trips it is going to happen.
Many years ago (mid-80's), my aunt on a whim decide to take her kids to WDW from NY, on the morning they got up in Orlando to go to the parks and stopped at a McDonald's for breakfast only to run into her sister and brother-in-law, neither knew the other one were down in Orlando.

bethymouse

Funny story @AK after riding KRR- I got soaked and a guy commented on my "pink panties". My shorts were so soaked that they stuck to me ( they were light gray- never thought about what it looked like when wet.);)
At Epcot that same eve to see Illuminations, I ran into the same guy and he said "hey the lady w/ the pink panties". I was so embarassed, but it was all in good fun!:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom