News "it's a small world" Holiday Will Not Open on Schedule Due to Incident

VJ

Original Poster
So they decorated the whole thing for the holidays, and now they're going to take it all down and pretend it was never supposed to be Small World Holiday? Just what the park needs during the holiday season, a MAJOR people eater shut down. More people who would normally be in line or on the ride, to distribute throughout the park, in the walkways and in other lines.

If that's true, and it's closed for the next 2 months, then BRAVO Disney! Guess you won't be needing lightning lane for this one until next November.
Yes, an accidental flood was totally Disney's fault. Bring out the torches, start the petition and march to Chapek's doorstep.

jrhwdw

So they decorated the whole thing for the holidays, and now they're going to take it all down and pretend it was never supposed to be Small World Holiday? Just what the park needs during the holiday season, a MAJOR people eater shut down. More people who would normally be in line or on the ride, to distribute throughout the park, in the walkways and in other lines.

If that's true, and it's closed for the next 2 months, then BRAVO Disney! Guess you won't be needing lightning lane for this one until next November.
Indeed!!!!!! IDK why DLR's Referb Team has problems! Granted not every year but...F! Dragon in 2009, WOC in 2018, now Small World Holiday during the first Holiday season after COVID! Maybe this Team should be looked into??

Thank God the lights still work!

Disney Analyst

You know that sometimes crap just happens, right? Like I break a glass by accident… or the cat knocks down the Christmas tree.

We need to tone it down a wee bit.

castlecake2.0

I’m confused, do you think Disney purposely flooded one of their trademark and highest capacity attractions? After spending the time and money to do a holiday layover?

RedzRobinz

What I can’t understand is how they were just refilling the flume the night before opening. Unless they had pumped the existing water into tanker trucks, how do you get all that water chlorinated and balanced?

I heard the whole ride was flooded and I believe those sets and platforms are entirely made of wood. I’m waiting to hear from a good friend who works in Fantasyland.
The whole ride did not flood. It was a small flood in a basement that contained the electrical cords and those were were the only things damaged so the ride had no power for a bit. Just yesterday it seemed they got a temporary generator and got the clock parade, spinning propellers on facade, and clock face moving again.

SoCalDisneyLover

If it was a flood in a single room/area, that's one thing. If the entire attraction is flooded, that's quite another, and shows more than just "things happen." I'm not sure how that's not negligent. Problems do arise, out of their control, but this sounds like something more. I mean, I'm no expert on ride refurbishment, but overfilling the water throughout the whole attraction sounds kind of lame.

Bored_Max

The whole ride did not flood. It was a small flood in a basement that contained the electrical cords and those were were the only things damaged so the ride had no power for a bit. Just yesterday it seemed they got a temporary generator and got the clock parade, spinning propellers on facade, and clock face moving again.
It's a different power source, during the disneyland power outage during christmas of 2017 the facade was still working, as well as a couple music tracks and sound effects inside of the ride

DavidDL

Feeling grateful that I pushed our holiday tickets from Nov.12th to early December. My wife hasn't been on small world holiday yet so it would have been heartbreaking to miss it.

mickEblu

F'reals! This year your guess regarding the Main Street garlands may have technically been incorrect (they are up now) but taking your advice and pushing the trip anyways unexpectedly saved us from soooooooo much disappointment.

Lol yeah I was wrong but it worked out. Didn’t consider them putting them up earlier this year for Merriest Nights.

SuddenStorm

UPDATE: So the ride got put back on the refurb sechedule for tomorrow so no opening tomorrow. According to a cast member on the ride, they just finished removing the flood yesterday.

I feel like if it was as small as suggested earlier it wouldn't have taken this long to get the flood out?

I'm not saying the whole ride was flooded (though some might say the ride would look better that way anyways). But it doesn't seem like a pipe burst and flooded an individual closet.

1637014774944.png

I just wonder how much of the set pieces, electronics, and machinery are original to the 1960's, and how that might impact repairing any damage done.

RedzRobinz

I'll be in the parks next Monday and Tuesday (22nd & 23rd). Fingers crossed it is up by then because it is definitely my favorite holiday ride.
Hopefully it'll open up. Cast Members estimated that it may take up to 2 weeks to get the ride open so it may open on Thanksgiving. Hopefully it'll be earlier than that. Now that they got the water out I guess they have to put in new mechanical parts.

AJFireman

I know the situation is fluid with the ongoing repair. I did notice yesterday they had hours of operations for tomorrow but now that has been removed and the next hours of operation are posted for Monday the 22nd.

RedzRobinz

UPDATE: So the hours were rescheduled to the 22nd which at this point may actually be the accurate reopening date. It appears that fixing the mechanical equipment is well under way. Just yesterday the "tick-tock" sound and clock parade music were turned on again. Looks like we may see the ride a lot sooner than we expected.
1637180932328.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom