News "it's a small world" Holiday Will Not Open on Schedule Due to Incident

CaptinEO

UPDATE: So the hours were rescheduled to the 22nd which at this point may actually be the accurate reopening date. It appears that fixing the mechanical equipment is well under way. Just yesterday the "tick-tock" sound and clock parade music were turned on again. Looks like we may see the ride a lot sooner than we expected.
View attachment 601309
Sam, the CM from the Katiebug post?

DavidDL

Here is an exclusive first look at the Disneyland map for 2022. Don't bother asking who my source is, I'm no snitch.

map.png

SoCalDisneyLover

If true, I wonder how long Disney intends to keep the charade going. Scum that they are, they are probably well aware that this may cause some to cancel their visit, especially if Small World Holiday was a primary reason for coming to Disneyland. I realize it's not necessarily a large #, but it's also most definitely not Zero either. My guess is they will wait as long as possible before making the official announcement. And they'll claim they did everything they could to fix the problem, even though it sounds like they know the problem is unfixable in the short to medium term.

Ultimately, it will be the paying guest that suffers. Not only won't they get this ride that's insanely popular for a 2 month period, all of those people who ordinarily would wait in line or be on the ride, will now be spread throughout the rest of park. Creating the effect of more crowding overall. It would be no different than if HMH had to close for an 8 week period. Like HMH, Small World Holiday is a people eater.

mharrington

David Koenig added this to his FB Page.

>>Update to last post: the worst case scenario is highly unlikely. Disney is doing everything it can to have Small World reopen in early 2022.<<

But does that mean that the holiday overlay won't be happening at all? We're actually thinking of going on January 9th for the 35th anniversary of Star Tours, which is also the final day of the holiday event, and we will be pretty bummed if Small World is not open then.

Darkbeer1

But does that mean that the holiday overlay won't be happening at all? We're actually thinking of going on January 9th for the 35th anniversary of Star Tours, which is also the final day of the holiday event, and we will be pretty bummed if Small World is not open then.

Who knows, a bunch of electronics got toasted and need to be replaced.

So they need to figure out what needs to be replaced, what can get repaired, then find the parts that need to be replaced. Get them shipped from wherever, get them installed, tested, etc.

Aka, nobody knows when it will be ready to run for the public. But they are doing the best they can, and corporate has been supportive.

Last edited:

Jones14

David Koenig added this to his FB Page.

>>Update to last post: the worst case scenario is highly unlikely. Disney is doing everything it can to have Small World reopen in early 2022.<<
Sounds like they really want to avoid losing toontown before they can get small world fixed, which is good to hear.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom