Itinerary

M

Mr Lightbeer

Original Poster
Does anyone else out there have a Frank Spencer type (wake up, get out of bed,get dressed) itinerary.If you do,do you stick to it rigidly.Or do you wake up in the morning and then decide what to do.

Attachments

• mickeybeer.gif
    mickeybeer.gif
    11.8 KB · Views: 195

Ariel

I usually have our plans set weeks before we go and usually we're pretty good at sticking to it...we leave a little time to be spontaneous, but we try to keep our plans so we can fit everything in that we want to...especially the relaxation part that we forgot about our first trip there!! :)

Tramp

We use to stick very closely to an itinerary but, as our vacations became longer, we found ourselves changing our plans often.

Since we basically know what we want to do, it really is a matter for us to decide the details the day before and then we stick to it.
I refuse to lay around in bed on vacation...I can do that at home. Even if we designate a day for rest, we will rest at the pool.

An itinerary was more important for us when we only took 7 or 10 day vacations cuz we wanted to make sure we did everything we wanted. With 3 weeks, we can be pretty flexible and spontaneous and not have to feel like we have to sacrifice anything. ;)

Disneynut

For me, using and sticking to an itinerary depends on who I am traveling with. If I am with people who have been to WDW before, then we pretty much know what we want to see and do. If I am going with some first-timers, I plan an itinerary and stick to it so they get to see the best the World has to offer.

dopey

i plan out visits to the major parks pretty much minute by minute, taking into account the logistics of getting to and from the hotel and from one attraction to the next.

usually my wife and i will wake up at the same time. while she's in the shower, i go grab coffee and breakfast. by the time i get back, she's out of the shower. then i shower while she does her hair and whatnot. as i get dressed, she rouses the kids out of bed. one last stop for a coffee refill (i'm an addict) and it's off to the bus stop. by the time we get on the bus, the kids are awake enough to chow.

it's senseless to try to figure out what you want to do after you wake up, especially at peak periods and if you're touring with people who have different interests. by the time you get it sorted out, half the morning is shot and the parks are packed.

sticking close to a detailed itinerary may seem , but it saves time. that said, it's important to go with the flow and have the flexibility to abandon those well-laid plans should something unexpected -- positive or negative -- come up.

at the water parks or downtown disney, we'll have some ideas what we want to do, but we take it slow.

btw, who is frank spencer?

scan_man

If it was just me going I would Set myself to a strick schedual. However, since my Girlfriend has never been to Disneyworld. I am basicly going to plan Which park for that day or part of the day. Once in the Park it's going to be what sounds good to her since it's her first trip. I don't want to have her pressure, but want to have fun so when we get back she is all relax and ready for School.

mickeyears

We usually stick to our itinerary but sometimes it changes a little. We have sometimes cancelled our priority seating because we are still full from our lunch.
My dear husband was soooooo excited to take us 5 years ago that he booked our vacation and did the itinerary in 2 weeks. It was our children first time at WDW. We did the week commando style. We were up every morning for early entry and stayed at the park all day until closing. In the seven days time that we were there we did not see everything, but close to it. When we planned the second vacation I stepped in and told him that we were not doing commando style again. We really enjoyed it again the second time and we taught him how to slow down. Since then we have been going about every 8 or 9 months and truly love it.
He's soooo excited for our next trip. Matter of fact, we are going to Seabrook Island in South Carolina for a week, in 2 weeks, and he's hoping we will get bored and continue south to see the mouse. He just can't wait 4 more months. He keeps reminding me that it is only about 6 hours away.
:D

markymark

My brother in law is in the military and for the last 2 years, produced an wallet sized itinerary for the entire holiday. I should point out that he gets a lot of stick for it too. We usually stick to it for about 2 - hours and then just use it as a general guide on where to go and when - nothing too strict. Too busy having fun as long as we do everything we are happy.

WDW-Imagineer

I produce an itinerary with what park we're gonna visit and our breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We usually stick to it, although there are some minor changes. We usually do the itinerary because of dinner reservations.

Although I could never make an itinerary that states what rides we are gonna ride each day (its unpredictable).

markymark

Dopey: Frank Spencer is a comic icon from the 70's . He was a really inept guy who made a hash of just about everything he touched. He was played by Michael Crawford (Of Phantom Of The Opera fame) If you REALLY want to know more check out the link.

mickeyears: does "commando style" mean the same over there as it does here!!

www-phm.umds.ac.uk/Steve_P/sm/

He looked like this (I bet this is what Lightbeer looks like too :D )

Attachments

• sm2[1].jpeg
    sm2[1].jpeg
    14.4 KB · Views: 136
M

Mr Lightbeer

Original Poster
Originally posted by markymark
Dopey: Frank Spencer is a comic icon from the 70's . He was a really inept guy who made a hash of just about everything he touched. He was played by Michael Crawford (Of Phantom Of The Opera fame) If you REALLY want to know more check out the link.

mickeyears: does "commando style" mean the same over there as it does here!!

www-phm.umds.ac.uk/Steve_P/sm/

He looked like this (I bet this is what Lightbeer looks like too :D )

Markymark you have just made my birthday.Seeing Frank there made me laugh for ages,tremendous stuff

On our first trip together, my wife scheduled fairly tightly. After the first two days, I pursuaded here to throw away the schedule.

Every trip since then, we have no more than an idea each day what we will do.

For early entry mornings, I tend to be up and out before she's out of bed -- I am an early riser due to job constraints; she's a late riser due to heredity.

This makes it slightly dicey on the occasional days when we want to accomplish something (KSC, e.g., or visit relatives). Having finished my morning ablutions, I act more like a junkie trying to get off heroin (rocking back and forth, pacing, frequently saying "C'mon, let's go!" My wife, on the other hand, mutters encouragement like "bite me!" (we must keep our language clean else our three year old will pick up our colorful metaphors).

mickeyears

[mickeyears: does "commando style" mean the same over there as it does here!!]

Markymark: I'm not sure how to answer that one. Don't know if it means the same, so maybe, I better just leave that one alone.:D

The Mom

Premium Member
Mr Lightbeer,

Happy birthday! We usually decide which park(s) we're going to the night before, and what each person's "must-see" is. We also decide where we're going to eat 1 sit down meal (usually not at MK, as my husband does like a cold one with his food)
Then, anything else is icing on the cake!

Tramp

Frank Spencer is a comic icon from the 70's . He was a really inept guy who made a hash of just about everything he touched. He was played by Michael Crawford (Of Phantom Of The Opera fame)

I miss Benny Hill ! Comic genius.:(

jay_london

Last year it was only me and mrs jay who went to wdw and we decided each morning what we were going to do that day. It worked really well and we had a great time, even went to a shuttle launch. if we take kids or other friends then we are a little more regimented and cover a lot more ground.

jay

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom