Trip Report It takes two to make a trip go right-June 2018

Who: just DH (@MSUJafar, who I will call E for the remainder of this report) and I. DD20 stayed home this year to watch the dog and also because she is taking summer classes.
When: June 16-27. We don't usually travel this early in the summer, but E is getting his Master's Degree and this was during a break for him. As for myself, it was a little stressful leaving the day after school got out (I'm a teacher for those who don't know). We really ended up liking this time of year much better than our usual July or August trips.
Where: 1 night at Pop Century (it ended up saving us money to fly out a day earlier than we had planned), 4 nights at BLT, and 6 nights at Boardwalk.
Let's get this show on the road!
Our flight from Detroit was scheduled to leave at 3:30. I think we got to the airport around noon because we were more than ready to get this vacation under way! We had to enjoy some chicken tortilla soup since the airport is our only Max & Erma's left in our area. We enjoyed a few drinks before boarding. We were flying Delta Comfort, so we were looking forward to more drinks on the plane, but because of some turbulence we only ended up having one on the plane.
I apologize for the lack of pictures so far, but my day drinking gave me an early hangover and I wasn't in the picture taking mood yet. Here are a couple from our Pop room.
DSC01045.JPG
DSC01046.JPG

As DVC members, we are definitely deluxe snobs, but this room was more than comfortable and very clean. The walk in shower was amazing (the best shower we had the whole trip)! It was around 8:00 p.m. when we got into our room. We called an Uber to take us to Publix for some water, beer and snacks. This was new for us since we usually use a grocery delivery service. We decided to try it this way since technically this was a "bonus" day for us. We were both tired and hangry, so we ended up getting into an argument at Publix.:oops: It wasn't too bad though and as soon as we dropped off the groceries and had some food at Everything Pop, all was well.
DSC01055.JPG

We retired for the night in anticipation of our move to BLT and our most looked forward to ADR of the trip: Brunch at the Top!

cgersic

Before I get to our last full day, I realized that I left out something that we really enjoyed. Because of my non-existent note taking, I have to go by what my pictures are telling me.
So this must have happened on 6/18.
We hopped over to MK. I know for sure that it was a little after 3:00 because we were able to watch FoF from the train station. It was going to be about a 20 minute wait for the train because only one was running.
View attachment 298875View attachment 298876
We had not planned on watching the parade at all, so this was a bonus for us! For the life of me, I can't tell you what we rode besides the train. This tells me we visited Big Top Souvenirs.
View attachment 298879
The best part of the day though was on our way out. Ever since I told E about the daily flag retreat he has wanted to see it. On this day, we happened to be in the right place at the right time.
CMs were standing guard around the flag so no one could walk through (though I saw a few people try). The Dapper Dans were on hand to sing some patriotic songs.
View attachment 298880
The little girl in front of them led us all in the Pledge of Allegiance. As a teacher, this really brought on the waterworks!
The National Anthem was played and we all sang God Bless America.
View attachment 298881View attachment 298882View attachment 298883View attachment 298884
I'm so glad we were able to witness this! I hope they never take it away.
My sincerest apologies for it being out of order, but it's something I really wanted to share with y'all.
Thanks for sharing this - it brought tears to my eyes for sure!

PineapplePrincess

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing this - it brought tears to my eyes for sure!
It really makes you feel very patriotic.
Wonderful report! And totally random, but I loved all of your patterned shorts! Super cute!
Thanks! I've got my eye on some Lilly Pulitzer ones for next trip. @TrolleyFollower91 rocks them and she looks so cute!
Loved reading your report, thank you for sharing! Looks like a really great time!
Thanks for reading! It really was a fantastic trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom