It Scared Me As A Kid & It STILL Scares Me!

Fordlover

One Lil Spark said:
Perhaps even more scary than that is this picture...
Yeah, I think the pic of Jackson would only scare me if I was a preteen boy.

Was Captain EO there in late 92? I remember seeing a 3D movie (had to wear the glasses) but I don't remember what the film was at all. (I was only 12y/o)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If memory serves, Magic Journeys ran from park opening (or their abouts) until 1987, Captain Eo until 1994, the Honey... replaced it. This would normally mean Honey is due for replacement, but with todays TWDC....

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If memory serves, Magic Journeys ran from park opening (or their abouts) until 1987, Captain Eo until 1994, then Honey... replaced it. This would normally mean Honey is due for replacement, but with todays TWDC....

mrtoad

marni1971 said:
If memory serves, Magic Journeys ran from park opening (or their abouts) until 1987, Captain Eo until 1994, then Honey... replaced it. This would normally mean Honey is due for replacement, but with todays TWDC....

Wasn't Magical Journeys the movie that also played in the old Mickey Mouse Revue theatre as well?

mrtoad

General Grizz said:
Magic Journeys. . . yep!

Though so. I only did it once, it was the one with the freaky flying kids right? :lol:

EDIT: Not saying the kids were freaky, just the fact that they were flying...

Maria

This thread reminded me of when I was little and Santa brought me a book, that he placed on my bed, that I opened in the middle of the night right where the big picture of a whale was and got so scared that I closed it immediately and didn´t want to open it again.

Then we had a 'view master' with the Pinoccio story and it scared me so much to see the whale´s mouth! Scared me for a good while... :lookaroun

Two months ago, I bought the movie for my three year old nephew and warned him about the whale´s part thinking he would be scared. Big was my surprise when he told me "it didn´t scare me, play it again"... and again, and again, and again... it was his favorite part!

Fordlover

marni1971 said:
If memory serves, Magic Journeys ran from park opening (or their abouts) until 1987, Captain Eo until 1994, the Honey... replaced it. This would normally mean Honey is due for replacement, but with todays TWDC....
Thanks, I guess that means I need to look around for the Capt. EO 2D film on the net, and see if any memories from 13+ years ago come back. I also wish I could find some info on what rides might have been closed for renovation for my trip in 92, I have a feeling Horizons was closed, because I don't remember any part of the ride. I definitely should have taken more pictures.

FairytaleMagic

Surprisingly, i remember Captain EO. The major part that stuck with me was the rock rolling towards my head. I had to take the 3d glasses off because I knew the rock was going to hit me in the head.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
I don't mean to bring this thread back to life, but I found my Hooter stuffed animal last night in an old box and watched Captain EO on youtube. It brought back so many memories.

Now I've been singing "We are here to change the world" and "You're just another part of me" in my head and I can't get them out!

And for the record, yes, it STILL scared me... :lookaroun

mrtoad

I had never seen it before. It came and left WDW in between trips for me. After you posted though that it was on YouTube, I went and checked it out. Got to say, it was awful. I am surprised at how cheesy it was to be honest.

I don't mean to bring this thread back to life, but I found my Hooter stuffed animal last night in an old box and watched Captain EO on youtube. It brought back so many memories.

Now I've been singing "We are here to change the world" and "You're just another part of me" in my head and I can't get them out!

And for the record, yes, it STILL scared me... :lookaroun

barnum42

I had never seen it before. It came and left WDW in between trips for me. After you posted though that it was on YouTube, I went and checked it out. Got to say, it was awful. I am surprised at how cheesy it was to be honest.
I loved it. Though it was a product of its time and so not dating all that well.

Also a bumpy You Tube copy of an old VHS recording from an old MTV transmission is really not going to do it full justice when compared to a full on 3D big screen interactive theatre presentation.

mrtoad

I am sure you are right that if I had seen it when it came out it would have been better. I did get a giggle out of the hair on the guys that were dancing with him. Very BIG hair...

I loved it. Though it was a product of its time and so not dating all that well.

Also a bumpy You Tube copy of an old VHS recording from an old MTV transmission is really not going to do it full justice when compared to a full on 3D big screen interactive theatre presentation.

barnum42

I am sure you are right that if I had seen it when it came out it would have been better. I did get a giggle out of the hair on the guys that were dancing with him. Very BIG hair...
Indeed NOTHING screams EIGHTIES in that more than the hair :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom