It. Has. Begun......

toolsnspools

Maybe the toys have been there for a while, but now I have a great suggestion for what to do with the old Virgin store...

Super-Megasized-Marvel-Superheroes Store anyone? :sohappy:

WelshBatman

Those toys have been there since that store opened. And most (if not all) of those toys are Hasbro and Disney has a good relationship with Hasbro, so it's not that strange that there'd be non-Disney toys in that store.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
and lego is disney :rolleyes:
sany0003.jpg
For the price of some Lego sets, you could put down a nice down payment on a week long WDW visit.

PhilharMagician

....I just had to put a dramatic headline for this one.

It was only a matter of time before the invasion started...

Pics were taken at Once Upon a Toy.

I don't mind the whole Disney/Marvel merger deal, but to see this at a Disney store was a bit awkward to say the least and it'll be something to definitely get used to seeing more in the future.

Ok was the title a Mortal Kombat referance?

jt04

jt04

I'd just add this to my post above...

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/12/02/marvel-and-disney-set-date-to-finalize-merger/

So I'm standing by my original prediction when the Marvel purchase was announced. The deal will go through (if the stockholders are not crazy) and Uni will not want to promote Marvel in it's parks. Especially when more sober minds at Comcast take up the issue. So, likely Transformers in, and Spidey out. And sooner rather than later. Which then clears the way for......the beginning of Marvel characters in the WDW parks.

As I said from Day 1.

In my opinion. :cool:

BigThunderMatt

Which then clears the way for......the beginning of Marvel characters in the WDW parks.

Yeah...but where? Even at DHS...I just can't think of an area where they wouldn't seem out of place. And that's not me speaking from the perspective of knowing Marvel at IOA exists and what it looks like. Most of the areas in the parks at WDW have not changed drastically. DHS is still quite similar in layout and appearance to what it was in the mid-90s, for example. And even then, Marvel characters wouldn't have fit. I don't even think Power Rangers fit right now, and they're in the area that Disney would be most likely to place Marvel characters.

hack2112

http://splashpage.mtv.com/2009/12/02/marvel-and-disney-set-date-to-finalize-merger/

So I'm standing by my original prediction when the Marvel purchase was announced. The deal will go through (if the stockholders are not crazy) and Uni will not want to promote Marvel in it's parks. Especially when more sober minds at Comcast take up the issue. So, likely Transformers in, and Spidey out. And sooner rather than later. Which then clears the way for......the beginning of Marvel characters in the WDW parks.

As I said from Day 1.

Considering that Comcast will only own part of USO, since Blackstone owns a majority of it, I don't think much will change.

EPCOT Explorer

Just to throw something new into the mix.....

Comcast now has a controlling stake in Uni including the parks....

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=agrRUm1Q1t5g&pos=2

As the OP and I said, "It's begun". :)
Seriously....How does that even work?

Care to clarify, Armchair CEO to Armchair CEO?:wave::lol:

As I said from Day 1.

Doubt that. ....That would REALLY clash with their "values".

PhilharMagician

Seriously....How does that even work?

Care to clarify, Armchair CEO to Armchair CEO?:wave::lol:

Doubt that. ....That would REALLY clash with their "values".

Clash with who's values?

Marvel gives Disney another option when it comes to marketing. Disney may or may not bring Marvel character themed rides or shows to Disney parks, but you can bet that Marvel characters and merch will be seen in the parks and Disney stores in the near future once the purchase is finalzed. It's all about money!

Does anyone know the current situation with the Universal/Marvel contracts?

EPCOT Explorer

Clash with who's values?

Marvel gives Disney another option when it comes to marketing. Disney may or may not bring Marvel character themed rides or shows to Disney parks, but you can bet that Marvel characters and merch will be seen in the parks and Disney stores in the near future once the purchase is finalzed. It's all about money!

Does anyone know the current situation with the Universal/Marvel contracts?

THAT, I agree with.

But having them actively in the parks would not work, IMHO.

Mickey_777

I doubt very much this has anything to do with the deal.

World of Toys has sold non-Disney merchandise for years.

Transfomers toys, immeditately come to mind. Sorry, this isn't the pre-cursor to the Fantastic Four MK meet and greet.:ROFLOL::xmas::eek:

^^^What he said...it's a toy store that has sold all kinds of toys for a long time now...I'm pretty sure they had incredible hulk and iron man stuff for a while...plus it's Christmas time :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom