It. Has. Begun......

t3techcom18

Original Poster
....I just had to put a dramatic headline for this one.

It was only a matter of time before the invasion started...

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Pics were taken at Once Upon a Toy.

I don't mind the whole Disney/Marvel merger deal, but to see this at a Disney store was a bit awkward to say the least and it'll be something to definitely get used to seeing more in the future.

DisneyParksFan1

I like the new Transformers type theme at the Lego area.

It will be interesting seeing Marvel incoroporated into the stores and parks in the future.

jt04

....I just had to put a dramatic headline for this one.

It was only a matter of time before the invasion started...

001-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Pics were taken at Once Upon a Toy.

I don't mind the whole Disney/Marvel merger deal, but to see this at a Disney store was a bit awkward to say the least and it'll be something to definitely get used to seeing more in the future.

So, first appearance is at DTD. Who would have thought? :lookaroun

The doubters will doubt, but I agree with the OP. Begun. It. Has.....:D

t3techcom18

Original Poster
and lego is disney :rolleyes:
sany0003.jpg

True, but that's like any other outside store at DTD or on property. Lego is not owned by Disney. That, and since the Lego store since I was little, I've gotten used to it being there. It's just another store to me, especially in how I wasn't that much of a Lego fan either.

But THIS....with the merger...me being a fan of the comic books from the films growing up and having Disney bought them out, my reaction is still of shock. To think that two of my favorite corporate brands of this era are now one is still an eerie thought. It's one of those things where in my mind, never in a million years would I have thought this would happen.

SWatsi

I could have sworn that there were non-disney toys around downtown disney already. Now i'm questioning my memory. Can't say I'm surprised but am I right in thinking that this can't be part of the Disney - Marvel purchase since that hasn't gone through yet?

t3techcom18

Original Poster
So..Those toys have been there since september..

I'm sorry, but through my trips to the parks and resorts, they haven't been out in full force, and since no one else has said they came out and/or posted pics, I thought this was completely new news. I haven't been out to the Marketplace in a very long while so I didn't know if this was old news or not.

I could have sworn that there were non-disney toys around downtown disney already. Now i'm questioning my memory. Can't say I'm surprised but am I right in thinking that this can't be part of the Disney - Marvel purchase since that hasn't gone through yet?

I wasn't necessarily mentioning about non-Disney toys. I don't mind those at all. I felt this was a big deal because this is the first noticeable result of the Marvel purchase.

BrerFrog

I say it took them a while to do that.

Anyway, was I the only one that thought about the FL Expansion when reading the thread title?! I entered this topic expecting pictures of walls and construction. :lookaroun

WDW1974

I doubt very much this has anything to do with the deal.

World of Toys has sold non-Disney merchandise for years.

Transfomers toys, immeditately come to mind. Sorry, this isn't the pre-cursor to the Fantastic Four MK meet and greet.:ROFLOL::xmas::eek:

Jerm

Sorry guys, this stuff has been going on at the store since it opened. It is not just Disney stuff in that store, if it were WOD then this would be a hot topic. The Disney/Marvel deal still is pending so this is not a sign at all. Once Upon a Toy has had a bunch of random stuff, like I said, have been stocked on those shelves since day 1 of that store!

hpyhnt 1000

I say it took them a while to do that.

Anyway, was I the only one that thought about the FL Expansion when reading the thread title?! I entered this topic expecting pictures of walls and construction. :lookaroun

I was thinking the same thng! I gotta admit, seeing a picture of a few Iron Man and Spider-Man figures was a bit disappointing. :lookaroun :lol:

Transfomers toys, immeditately come to mind. Sorry, this isn't the pre-cursor to the Fantastic Four MK meet and greet.:ROFLOL::xmas::eek:

Fantastic Four.... Mmmmmmmmm, Jessica Alba look-a-like... ahem, sorry.:hammer:

Foolish1

I see that Marvel has set the vote for their stockholders to approve/deny the merger for December 31st. And if the vote is in favor of the merger, it looks like they are trying for the merger to take place soon after, possibly the same day. (Details are sketchy, and there is a small chance of regulatory disapproval.)

SWatsi

Yeah well this is what I was getting at. This is a cycle of stock that just happens to be out at the present.

Fantastic Four.... Mmmmmmmmm, Jessica Alba look-a-like... ahem, sorry.:hammer:

Urrgh. Alba is very h.. but please let Sue Storm BE Sue Storm.

Captain Chaos

I am with 74 on this... Disney has been selling non-Disney toys for a while... GI Joe, Marvel come to mind...

tirian

^^ That's true—they have an entire store devoted to Legos—but now I have a reason to use my holiday discount at Downtown Disney. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom