Eh
CFF0C3D8-1EAC-49EF-B490-72B2ED37CCE9.png

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
View attachment 568639
HYPE THREAD
Welcome to It Could Always Be Worse, a brand new Armchair Imagineering competition with a twist! Three chapters’ worth of wacky and limiting prompts await you as you compete to be the first ever It Could Always Be Worse champion!

Difficulty Level
All prompts in It Could Always Be Worse are designed to accommodate all Imagineers, from beginners to highly experienced players. Many prompts will require you to incorporate an IP, but almost all of those prompts will not choose an IP you have to work with. Most prompts will be similar to regular prompts in other competitions, but with a couple limitations. The "cringiest" a prompt will be is the level of Stanza III of SAVII, and only a couple ICABW prompts will be at that level of zaniness.

Sign-Ups and Start Date
Sign-ups will open on July 10th at Noon EST! To sign up to participate in It Could Always Be Worse, simply leave a post in this thread after that time! Spots will likely fill quickly, so it'd be best to sign up as fast as possible if you'd like to secure one. Please note that I will be capping participants at 24. I would love to include more people, but I also need to make sure the competition is still a manageable size.

It Could Always Be Worse will be starting on July 17th, Disneyland's 66th anniversary!
Just updated the first post with a bit more clarification on the difficulty level.

Chaos Cat

Okay, so back in 2019 (god, that feels so long ago), my family and I decided to go to Pigeon Forge for our third time to see their Fourth of July parade and fireworks. Before we even get there, though, we ran into trouble; namely, a traffic accident on the Rocky Mountains completely shutting down the road we were on. Now, we could of turned around and taken an alternate route, but by this point, we were far enough away from the last junction that it was conceivable faster to just wait it out. So we ended up waiting at least 2-3 hours for the backup to clear out.

Then, when we got to our hotel room for the night (which was a pretty crummy place, at that), it rained the entire night, meaning both the parade and the fireworks were canceled. So there goes our reason for coming here in the first place.

The next day, we tried to do some mini-golf courses (because we did everything else we wanted to do the last two trips). However, the sun wasn't having any of that and after doing just one course, we were too hot and tired to do any more, so we ended up just shopping for a bit before we went to the biggest source of our pain that trip: the log cabin we rented on AirBnB for the next two nights.

Right off the bat, before even entering the place, I'm getting bad vibes. Mostly because it looked like something from the set of Friday the 13th. Putting aside my fears of getting stabbed by a masked maniac in the middle of the night, there was a very real problem with the place: there was very little to do once we were there. Cell signals were basically non-existent there, and our attempts to start a campfire were thwarted by the fact that the firewood was still wet from the previous night. We ended up having to tear through all the jigsaw puzzles we had brought.

Bedding was also a bit of a problem. The main bedroom just had a single, two person bed in a room so small that, if you weren't careful getting out of bed, you would get your head chopped off by the ceiling fan. Not that that was a problem, because it was near impossible to get out of those beds in the first place. Like, it really felt like the mattress was trying to eat you. At least, that what my parents said it was like. Me and my sister didn't get to sleep on it. Instead, we ended up in the "guest bedroom,"... a.k.a., the attic.

Barely furnished, not decorated, right beneath the tin roofing. And to top it off, when you turn off the lights, it was pitch black. As in, "the nothingness after death" levels of blackness. Now, both of us were too unnerved by this to sleep, but any light we could turn on would make the room too bight for sleep. We ended up having to take a lamp from the living room and placing it behind a vanity chest. So here I am, laying in bed in what looks like an unfinished room, having a hard time sleeping because a thunderstorm just hit and I can hear every raindrop hit the roof, a leaf falls on me just to add insult to injury- And then the thought occurs to me that there should be no way for a leaf to get in here in the first place.

And that was when the cockroach took flight.

Immediately, I start screaming bloody murder. My sister gets up from the commotion and goes for the light switch. The cockroach lands on her; she starts screaming bloody murder and falls to the floor with a thud. My mom manages to pry herself free from the man-eating mattress and heads upstairs. She sees the cockroach, grabs the nearest shoe and just starts wailing on it. We finally calm down and it seems like thing will be alright.

Until Mom starts hammering away at the second cockroach, at which point we decided that the living room was a better place of rest.

Now, as the taller of the two of us, I got to sleep on the couch, which was barely smaller than me, so I had to bend my knees the entire time. Which was a better deal than my sister, who was stuck with the loveseat and had to do her best impression of a contortionist. So now we're stuck trying sleep on too small of spaces, while also trying to deal with our dog (who we brought with us for some reason), who was whining the entire night because the storm was scaring her, which, in her defense, we were also scared of the storm, because it was coming down hard enough that it was a very likely possibility that the cabin would end up sliding down the mountain in the middle of the night.

I wouldn't say we fell asleep that night so much as we passed out.

The next day, we had a river rafting experience all lined up, but then the weather report came in that it would be raining all day, meaning that not only was the river rafting canceled, but we would effectively be stuck in that cabin with nothing to do except for playing dog sitter with our own dog. For the. Entire. Day.

And that was the first time we had ever cut a trip short.

TL;DR: Went to Pigeon Forge for Fourth of July. Ended up wasting most of our time there until terrible AirBnB forced us to cut it short.
From the SYWTBAI hype thread comes the story of my worst trip ever.

Felt appropriate for this thread.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
TransmissionReceived.gif

Attention, recruits. You guys are the best of the best. Some of you are beginners to this whole Imagineering thing, and some of you are seasoned veterans. None of that matters - you've all got potential.

This is Magic Multiversical Maintenance, and we've got a big problem. Earlier this year, as most of you know, Season VII of the Sorcerer's Apprentice occurred, and with all the multiversical antics everyone was up to, a lot of damage was caused.

Most of these troubling events resolved themselves with no complications, but a couple of them caused their respective universes to descend into chaos. One Stanza in particular was incredibly problematic. Stanza III.

Memeverse.png

Fueled by the somewhat surprising success of his meme festival idea (which thankfully ended up becoming Year of a Million Memes, once you guys were through with it), Memeverse Bob Chapek has decided that there should be more in the budget for Imagineering, which is good, but he’s also decided to be more involved with Imagineering projects, which is not-so-good.

Chapek and the company’s upper management have practically no experience with Imagineering, and their ideas are... frankly, terrible. If someone doesn't step in to intervene, they’ll quickly ruin all of the Disney Parks in the Memeverse, throwing off the balance of the Multiverse forever!

It’ll be your job to make the best of this situation by meeting all managerial requirements from Chapek and Co. while still creating great Disney experiences.

If you choose to accept this mission, we'll transport you guys to the Memeverse next Wedneday, so you can prepare for your first day on the job on Saturday. Sound good? Good. Agent Coulson out.

tumblr_m90v0tDKLB1r9uv98o1_500.gif

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom