It Could Always Be Worse [CONCLUDED]

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Chapter 3: Project 1
As construction begins on Manor of the Multiverse, @Tegan pilots a chicken gets a phone call.

"Excellent job on the new land, guys! Looks really great! I think you've all earned a bit of a break, so the company is paying for an all-inclusive vacation to Disneyland Paris for all of you!"

View attachment 580860

Our group erupts in cheers at the news, but spirits are quickly dampened as we hear what follows.

"Of course, you won't be doing this for nothing! We need you to design a new land for Disneyland Paris. I'll forward you the details," Chapek says as he hangs up.

Moments later, @TheOriginalTiki receives an email with the criteria for the new land.

"Oh boy, this isn't looking great," he says. "We need to design a new land next to Discoveryland, and we're replacing Autopia."

"Yikes," exclaims @Brer Panther

"Indeed. I'll forward this to Coulson, but we'd better hop a plane to Paris and get this done."

Discovering a New Neighbor

For this prompt, you'll be tasked with designing a small new land for Disneyland Parc at the Disneyland Paris Resort. Your land will replace Autopia, in addition to encompassing some existing backstage space.

DEADLINE:​

This project is due by Tuesday, August 24th at 11:59 PM EST.

TIPS:​

• Some sort of map or overview of your new land is highly recommended.​
  • Details aren't as essential with this prompt, as you'll be working solo. Only go into detail on the highlights of your land. You don't need to write a three page essay on a counter service restaurant.​
  • Choose a theme that you're passionate about!​
  • Remember that the park railroad goes straight through this plot of land, so be sure to make plans for covering it, raising it, rerouting it, or otherwise adjusting this portion of the track to your needs.​
  • You have approximately 35,000 square feet of area to work with, and you might want to design some sort of a berm or facade to hide the roadway around the park.
    View attachment 580861

PLEASE NOTE:
There will be three players eliminated this round. Only four will move on to the final round of ICABW.
I. AM. EXCITE. !!!!!

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
00FDDB3B-06AA-486F-98F7-6E854654C133.png

ThemeParkPriest

That should be the picture for Lemon Rounds in Season 2!

Question for the Judge: on the top part of the land where the walkway stops at the train track, could we fudge the boundary a little bit to bring the walkway to just the other side of the track? Not sure if I will do that but I wanted to get permission first.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
That should be the picture for Lemon Rounds in Season 2!

Question for the Judge: on the top part of the land where the walkway stops at the train track, could we fudge the boundary a little bit to bring the walkway to just the other side of the track? Not sure if I will do that but I wanted to get permission first.
Go ahead! I was just doing my best to outline the general area you have for the land. If you want to adjust the borders of it, feel free! (Within reason, of course.)

ThemeParkPriest

I’m honestly really excited about this prompt, Cap! This is something I’ve wanted to do for a while, so thanks for providing the outlet for it!
Agreed! Getting the assignment “Design an E-Ticket” in Sorcerer’s Apprentice 7 finale was a bit daunting for my first solo work (I know I was in a minority then). This seems more manageable!

ThemeParkPriest

Agreed! Getting the assignment “Design an E-Ticket” in Sorcerer’s Apprentice 7 finale was a bit daunting for my first solo work (I know I was in a minority then). This seems more manageable!
So how’s everybody doing on their project? I like where I’m taking mine. I’ll give an obscure hint here involving my project: I’ll be mentioning Indiana Jones.

MickeyWaffleCo.

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I think I landed on a solid concept, just want to check and make sure...is it okay to do a land that's more of a "garden" without any full blown attractions?
Darn ya, Tiki. Why you gotta make this so difficult? 🤣

As the prompt didn’t specifically require any attractions, I’d say you’re fine. Capacity-wise, though, make sure that your area will draw enough Guests to make up for the loss of Autopia’s capacity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom