It appears as if Magic Kingdom is the only dry park now

MarkTwain

So can I presume Disneyland's Magic Kingdom is dry then, as well?
How about DCA? My bet - it is not dry.

DCA does serve alcohol, which creates an interesting dynamic between DCA and the notoriously dry Disneyland because of how close they are together.

One of my favorite signatures on one Disneyland forum I frequent reads: "Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is the six beers you had in DCA, hmmm??" :lol:

Pitchforkman

DCA does serve alcohol, which creates an interesting dynamic between DCA and the notoriously dry Disneyland because of how close they are together.

One of my favorite signatures on one Disneyland forum I frequent reads: "Is this haunted room actually stretching? Or is the six beers you had in DCA, hmmm??" :lol:

I love that...the only issue is that i feel bad for a guy who gets drunk off of only six beers :ROFLOL:

RSoxNo1

I was thinking that with the opening of Gastons Tavern it would be awesome if Disney created a unique beer to sell just there

The Magic Kingdom also has two other taverns (Liberty Tree and Tortuga's) that don't serve alcohol. Don't expect Gaston's Tavern to be any different.

bdearl41

I know Walt wanted it dry, but all i have to say is disney is that much better with a buzz! Usually in the afternoon i do the monorail pub crawl to get out of the heat then head back to the park with a buzz for the evening. Also having a beer on the boat ride from Polynesian to MK is fantastic!

I have taken in an airplane bottle or two before, its a good time. Best ride with a buzz by far is Soarin though.

mickeysshoes

The funny thing about Magic Kingdom being a dry park is that by this summer, there will be three places in the park with the word "tavern" in its name, and none of them will serve the beverages one typically finds in a tavern.

And this is the reason we will NEVER have an ADR for dinner in the MK.

PirateFrank

And this is the reason we will NEVER have an ADR for dinner in the MK.

Same here... Like I said already, it's not like there should be beer carts all over, but not being able to get a glass wine with your shrimp scampi at Tony's is stupid.....especially since there's already a restaurant in DL that serves, despite the park being 'dry'

Until they allow for some relaxation of this rule in the mk, we'll always play for dinner outside of the mk and return for the evening.....

MaryJaneP

Guess I'm one to agree with Walt's original intention that MK be dry. Supposedly this is why St Louis lost out on getting WDW originally. Do we really need to consider the additional incivility that will undoubtedly result from alcohol sales in the stand-by and fast-pass lines? Or how about along the parade routes and for the fireworks? Nothing like having to explain to the kids that the sicko is probably just drunk. If 75% of WDW parks offer booze, IMHO, MK can stand to be different.

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
Are you in favor of selling alcohol to minors? If not, then why do you support 'prohibition'?
Or, in other words, not serving alcohol is nothing to do with prohibition, or any other dramatisation.

I think you've been drinking a little too much possibly or popping too many pills if alcohol isn't your thing .. Prohibition of alcohol is the legal act of prohibiting the manufacture, transportation and sale of alcohol and alcoholic beverages. Selling alcohol to minors I believe is something that none of us ever want to do.

PhilharMagician

I know Walt wanted it dry, but all i have to say is disney is that much better with a buzz! Usually in the afternoon i do the monorail pub crawl to get out of the heat then head back to the park with a buzz for the evening. Also having a beer on the boat ride from Polynesian to MK is fantastic!

I have taken in an airplane bottle or two before, its a good time. Best ride with a buzz by far is Soarin though.

I am glad that you know that Walt wanted it dry. :rolleyes: In fact Walt added Club 33 to DL to be able to have a place to take investors and fellow businessmen to enjoy a good meal and a few adult beverages. What he did do was keep the alchoholic beverage consumtion restricted behind doors.

PhilharMagician

Went to the Food and Wine this past fall in 2011. Another father and I walked into the World Showcase looking to prove something. We pounded em at the Biergarten. Got more in Canada, England, Norway, some tequila in mexico.....then we came across this guy walking back to Canada for another loop:

307784_2547971022347_1345966561_2976055_1044262458_n.jpg

We realized, in one very quick moment, that we were amateurs among pros and we decided it simply wasn't worth it embarrassing ourselves!

That has to be the most expensive belt in the world @ $11.00+ for each beer! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom