It aint a small "World" after all 7-12/13 06

MickeyTigg

Horizons1 said:
Hey, noone told you that you had to click on the topic and read it. Ya dont like it, too bad :wave:

Well...it says update and it's in News and Rumors....it's neither. WDWMAGIC hadsmember photo albums...just use them.

I go to this forum for news and rumors, not photos from someone's visits.

Have a magical day.

:wave:

MickeyTigg

Horizons1 said:
Im not sure if hes always like this or if it is just to promote POTC 2 but Stitch is in pirate garb...

dsc028835yq.jpg

This is since the movie came out....it's new.

welovewdw

i for one very much enjoyed these pictures. besides, it's a photo update, they are usually posted here, i've read like a zillion of them in the news and rumors (well, maybe not a zillion, lol) and they are one of my favorite types of posts. so i say it's new because it shows the progress of pleasure island that those of us not there could not see otherwise. so i say thanks for the photo update, Horizons1!! keep 'em comin!!!:wave: :sohappy:

SpenceMan01

Photo updates have, and always will (Steve willing) be posted in News and Rumors. Many members such as myself rarely divert from the 3 main forums that appear on the mainpage. I'm grateful for Horizons1's pics. I had no idea that Pleasure Island was now Construction Island.

MickeyTigg

welovewdw said:
i for one very much enjoyed these pictures. besides, it's a photo update, they are usually posted here, i've read like a zillion of them in the news and rumors (well, maybe not a zillion, lol) and they are one of my favorite types of posts. so i say it's new because it shows the progress of pleasure island that those of us not there could not see otherwise. so i say thanks for the photo update, Horizons1!! keep 'em comin!!!:wave: :sohappy:

They belong in Trip Reports...that's what they are.

Just because they usually are put here doesn't make it right. It's why we have different forums.

Items in this forum should be rumors or news not a photoblog.

a2grafix

TiggerRPh said:
Is there a news item or a rumor in our future somewhere in this thread?

So far we've seen some contruction that's been going on for at least a month and taken on a tour of the Hospitality House at Old Key West....the excitement is killing me.

:lookaroun

For someone like me who has not visited Walt Disney World since August 1993, going on 13 years, and not sure when I will return (hopefully soon), these picture albums and others by Mousemerf and the like are pefect for this forum. I don't care where they are posted or how they are posted, just that they are posted.

As well as stats go, this news and rumors section is probably the most viewed out of all the sections on this web site.

Some of these cats like Horizons1 and Mousemerf are at the parks all the time and they are the eyes and ears (pun intended) for those less fortunate to go. Sure these can be trip reports, but at the same time if someone like Horizons1 or Mousemerf go there every day or every other day, this section for their postings is cool.

I strongly believe the trip reports are for those who go to the parks once in a great while, every six months, annually, every other year, or someone in my position -- a very long time.

Don't tell me you were saying that comment in jest. More than half of the stuff shown in this forum is new to me and I can't wait to experience it for myself. These cats like Horizons1 and Mousemerf see WDW differently, search for the new stuff, the alternate angle on things. Those in the trip reports section are more, I would believe, just taking snaps for memory sake.

Until then, I will have to wait and keep visiting WDWMagic on a daily/weekly basis to read up on what's new at WDW.

Ringo8n24

Great pics!!!! That gold train set is beautiful. Is that for sale in the gift shop?

PS. Nice signature Rayray! GO DAWGS is right!!!

welovewdw

a2grafix said:
For someone like me who has not visited Walt Disney World since August 1993, going on 13 years, and not sure when I will return (hopefully soon), these picture albums and others by Mousemerf and the like are pefect for this forum. I don't care where they are posted or how they are posted, just that they are posted.

As well as stats go, this news and rumors section is probably the most viewed out of all the sections on this web site.

Some of these cats like Horizons1 and Mousemerf are at the parks all the time and they are the eyes and ears (pun intended) for those less fortunate to go. Sure these can be trip reports, but at the same time if someone like Horizons1 or Mousemerf go there every day or every other day, this section for their postings is cool.

I strongly believe the trip reports are for those who go to the parks once in a great while, every six months, annually, every other year, or someone in my position -- a very long time.

Don't tell me you were saying that comment in jest. More than half of the stuff shown in this forum is new to me and I can't wait to experience it for myself. These cats like Horizons1 and Mousemerf see WDW differently, search for the new stuff, the alternate angle on things. Those in the trip reports section are more, I would believe, just taking snaps for memory sake.

Until then, I will have to wait and keep visiting WDWMagic on a daily/weekly basis to read up on what's new at WDW.

agreed! you said it much better than i could:wave:

RedBaron

a2grafix said:

I agree with you. I have not been to the world in like 8 years and love it when anyone posts pictures. They bring back memories and make me look forward to when I visit next. If someone does not like the photos then move on to another thread and dont poo poo it for poeple who enjoy it. I am thankful that Horizons1 took the time to post them.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
STR8FAN2005 said:
Would you rather I call her ugly? It's fun to have pretty sisters because you get to clean your shotguns every time the boyfriends come over.:D

And I'm not kidding:lookaroun

:lol:

Thanks for the pictorial update!
in college i dated a girl from LA (slidell) and ummm....... you arent kidding.

hokielutz

SpenceMan01 said:
Photo updates have, and always will (Steve willing) be posted in News and Rumors. Many members such as myself rarely divert from the 3 main forums that appear on the mainpage. I'm grateful for Horizons1's pics. I had no idea that Pleasure Island was now Construction Island.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the picture tour eventhough I was there a couple of weeks ago. But to give you an idea about those construction walls.... they really are a pain at night. It kills the atmosphere and also you are stuck trying to walk through mobs to get to the comedy warehouse or back down to some of the other clubs. Not a whole lot of fun.

So I hope the changes are going to be worth it.

MsSpinShady

Thanks Horizons1 for all the updates -- didn't realize the extent of the construction going on at PI. Oh, and the photos were great too! :animwink:

MsSpinShady :cool:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
About Mono Blue

It is new, it has doors, it costs $70, and it comes with Mickey and friends mini-characters to ride inside.

And aside from that (which was news, btw)..

I more purdy-fied the WL photo from the water. Photoshop Elements is the "home user" version of the program and it's really worth the investment if you can scrounge up the pennies (I gave up DoleWhips for a few weeks).

dsc028114gd.jpg

Lots of info can be gotten from such updates, like that the new PI bridge is almost done, that's there's a new monorail for sale, and more :)

tracyandalex

awsome pics, thanks. we haven't been since april and there was hardly any construction on PI, we can't believe how much is being done. we will be staying in WL in december and are very happy to see the pics.

thanks again :sohappy:

tracy

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom