ISTCrew's March 6th WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Alright guys...I have a rather large update today, with alot of stuff, so sit up straight and pay attention. I'm sunburned badly, but atleast I got a good update tonight. Actually, it was so hot, and my face is so red now...

My friend Tamara and I went to MGM in the morning. Tifani had saturday school, so we met her at Animal Kingdom at 2pm. So, in this update: MGM, MK, and AK...

Here we go...

At Disney/MGM...

--They were repainting the Star Tours gift shop today.
--On TOT, There is no longer a pause after you enter the drop shaft. We did it twice today, and both times when we moved into the drop shaft, we dropped right away, no pauses at all.
--The entire facade that was by the entrance to the HISTK playground has been removed. They added a new subway station area to NY Street, along with completely new window dressing, advertising Disney Cruises, and "Mac Donalds Tax Collectors". This is the area that was under construction 2 or 3 weeks back.
--The Backlot tour was added back on to the map.
--Stunt Show construction is coming along great. The facade looks nearly complete. Pictures will be up soon.
--2 towers for the backdrops at the area where the new San Fransisco Backdrop will be were added.
--The MGM parking lot constuction was ongoing aswell.

And lets move on to AK (Where Tifani lost her Phone AGAIN, and Tamara had something happen to her that was possibly the worst thing I have ever seen happen. Anyways...)

--The big news here is EVEREST...The Picture everyone saw of the track earlier this week was nothing compared to what they have done now. They now have 6 or 7 brown supports up over the concrete wall, and some very big black supports, 2 of which were over 40 feet high. They had 2 cranes on site...A GIANT yellow one (which could be seen from TOT) and a smaller black one, WAY in the back. The track as seen in the picture could not be seen from anywhere...and that was a tall peice of track, meaning they could be doing God knows what behind that grey wall, or that peice of track was WAY in the back, by the black crane. If it is, this ride is going to by Gimungous. The bridge and that walkway look complete. They have signs on the walkway, and bambo poles for the railings. It's still not paved though, just smoothed out dirt. Everest can be seen from everywhere now. It can be seen from the top of Kali...The Kali Queue...Dinoland...The Bridge into Asia...and that's just the 40/50 foot high support...I can't imagine it being 3 times the size.
--Dinosaur was down for some time during the day.
--The Triceratops on Triceratop Spin were lowered today, and could not be seen, meaning each Dinosaur may have been taken off and is being repaired.
--The Busses, as they exit the bus loop, cut through the CM parking lot, and don't go the regular way anymore. Construction was going on in the area.

And now for some MK News...

--A Big grey construction wall has been set up over "Stitch's Great Escape". The wall goes all the way from the entrance to TL, to what used to be the entrance of AE. They still have all the "TL Convention Center" signs still hanging though.

and for the Splash Mountain report...

The Hopping Brer Rabbit is indeed working again. Looks great, and Im so glad it's back. I really missed it. The jumping fountains and the popping Gophers were not working today. The Jumping fish was also not working. I'm not sure, but I think right before the "To the Laughing Place drop", a hat and a paint can was added. That is really all I can remember...

and some great pics of StuntShow/Everest/Stitch will be up VERY soon.

Mission: SPACE

Thanks for another terrific update!

Glad to hear Everest is coming along. I'll hopefully see it for the first time this weekend, ever, even though I've been there since they've been working on it. As far as the ToT drop, I hope this is just a temporary thing. Did you just ride it once? If so, maybe the system sent your elevator on to lower the backup in between unloading and loading.

All4Gemini

Originally posted by Mission: SPACE
Did you just ride it once? If so, maybe the system sent your elevator on to lower the backup in between unloading and loading.

He said he rode it twice in his post. Great updates, always enjoy reading your reports.

dxwwf3

Man all these Mummy vs Everest avatars are really getting me fired up :lol: These should be 2 of the best rides ever created.

The_CEO

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Man all these Mummy vs Everest avatars are really getting me fired up :lol: These should be 2 of the best rides ever created.

Muhahahah

FIRED UP?! OK! :) :fork: :fork:

There * haha *

dxwwf3

BTW that's a really nice pic of the Mummy there, CEO. I certainly hope it lives up to the hype (God knows I'll like it better than Kongfrontation, my least favorite attraction ever).

It's good to see Everest is coming along nicely. I just hope it will be up and running on my 2006 trip in July.

BwanaBob

It's a shame they're painting during operating hours again!

(Safety, Courtesy, SHOW, efficiency =
Important, Important, OUT-THE-WINDOW, Important)

dxwwf3

Originally posted by BwanaBob
It's a shame they're painting during operating hours again!

(Safety, Courtesy, SHOW, efficiency =
Important, Important, OUT-THE-WINDOW, Important)

Hey I'm just happy they're painting again period. :lol:

j/k I know what you mean. That kinda stuff should be done during non operating hours.

General Grizz

I think that the outdoor work is getting out of hand.

6510imagination_bldg_work-med.jpg

(photo by trendymagic)

Does anyone have problems with that?

imagineer boy

Originally posted by ISTCrew20

And lets move on to AK (Where Tifani lost her Phone AGAIN, and Tamara had something happen to her that was possibly the worst thing I have ever seen happen. Anyways...)

What happened to Tamerra?

Anyways, great update!:sohappy:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Great update once again. Glad to see progress is being made with Stitch's Great Escape, they are finally putting up the wall.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Re: Re: ISTCrew's March 6th WDW Update

Originally posted by imagineer boy
What happened to Tamerra?

Anyways, great update!:sohappy:

That is something that I am sworn to secrecy over...What happens in Animal Kingdom, stays in Animal Kingdom.

1stStarIC2nite

Great update, I guess :rolleyes: .....

lol Just kidding ;)

Yay! I'm happy the walls for Stitch are finally up so they can begin working on the facade. I wonder if that means the inside is almost done? I'm hoping it will be open for the summer though :D. Can't wait for this one...

Hmmm.. about that ToT thing. Kinda weird. I wonder if it was happening though because maybe it was behind schedule and they had to speed it up? I don't know, but I hope that it isn't gone for good, I always liked that part. It built up last minute anticipation...

Next time get a closer pic of the bridge you were talking about with the detail on it and stuff, it's kinda hard to see it and I've been wondering what it looked like. Thanks
:cool:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom