ISTCrew's March 13th WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Got a quick update that has been piling up for the last 2 days. Some of the pictures are from yesterday, and some are from today.

Magic Kingdom News

~Pinnochio's Facade is being freshened up.
100_0518.jpg

~Electric Monorail gates.
100_0522.jpg

~Automated ticket machines have also wound up at the entrance to the MK, by the turnstiles.

I also saw Lights Motors Action twice over the last two days. I thought the show was great. Yesterday, the final stunt did not happen due to a mis-communication (from what I have been told). I saw the show again today, and everything seemed to be working great (dispite the technical delay). Below are some pictures:

100_0527.jpg

100_0532.jpg

The lackluster queue area (the only gripe I had with the show.)

100_0553.jpg

Ever see this many people in this part of the park before? :lol:

I have a few more, but most of them are just of the set. The set is awesome. They were really content with keeping it true to the Paris original. Even the introduction to the show is done in French!

I really like the show now. I'm sure things will be removed and things will be added. Even today, some of the stunts that were in the show yesterday were not in it today. They are taking this reheasal time to their advantage.

As it is now, the show gets a tad boring at parts while the "director" and stunt coordinator are talking to the audience and while the stage crew is setting up the next stunt. I'm sure that will get better with time.

Just so you get a feel of the area: You enter by the huge LMA sign, and walk towards the blue building. You walk on the outside of the building (which is a garage for the vehicles) and then you are outside, just waiting in the hot sun next to a asphalt road (which I'm sure was poured yesterday). After waiting there, guests walk into a structure that looks like a parking garage. It's actually the underside of the seating area. All the guests go through a tunnel, and come out on the oppisite side and then are seated.

That's it for today. I'll post some more pictures later...
Drive Safely :p

DisneyJill

Thanks for the update! Just out of curiosity, how many people does the show seat at a time? (basically, how many shows do you have to wait thru when you are in the queue?)

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
DisneyJill said:
Thanks for the update! Just out of curiosity, how many people does the show seat at a time? (basically, how many shows do you have to wait thru when you are in the queue?)
Pretty much anyone who enters the queue is going to a seat. 5000 people at a time can sit comfortably. Compare that to the seating at Fantasmic, which is 2500.

peter11435

ISTCrew20 said:
Pretty much anyone who enters the queue is going to a seat. 5000 people at a time can sit comfortably. Compare that to the seating at Fantasmic, which is 2500.
Actually according to WDWmagic Fantasmic seats 6,900 and 3000 more standing.

1stStarIC2nite

ISTCrew20 said:

Woh.... :eek:

Great update as always! So was this a public soft opening or a MGM CM soft opening???

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
peter11435 said:
Actually according to WDWmagic Fantasmic seats 6,900 and 3000 more standing.
I stand corrected then. Thanks for letting me know.

Alex, this preview gave MGM cm's front of the line access, but day guests were allowed after them. They also had Fastpass up and running today.

Figment1986

Wow.. Great photos.. Whatever you did they looks beautiful... I can see everything clearly now.. all the problems are gone.. (thought my monoter is dying and some photos are extremely dark..... But will check the photoas out at school to see them better on tues...)

I have nothing negative to say...

Even if i wanted to....

(can i stop s__________g up now..)

wannabeBelle

Patrick thanks as always for your great updates!!! I sincerely hope to be hitting some of the newer stuff when I Am down there later in the week!!! Thanks again!!! Belle

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Mickeyman819 said:
What is the approximate run time of LMA. What other show would u compare it to? Indy?? Beuty and the beast??
45/50 minutes. I'm sure they can cut the time down to 35 minutes with practice. Much better than Indy and it smashes Beauty and the Beast. However, Festival Of The Lion King still remains my favorite live stage show.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Mouse's Magic said:
***Small Spoiler Question***

Is the final scene as good as I have read. Does it actually look like the car will go into the audiance?
Yea. I was bummed when it didn't happen yesterday, but it is a really good close to the show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom