ISTCrew's January 16th WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
This update is a complete surprise. I came home from school on Friday afternoon, looking forward to take a nap, since I had been up since 5, and looking forward to eating, since I forgot my lunch money. Anyways, I walk in the house, and my aunt and her friend (from Massachusetts) are sitting on the couch, with my mom talking. My Aunt was like "We got a room at Pop Century, and I wanna see Wishes tonight, and I want you to stay over at Pop Century with us, and come to the MK aswell" and I wasnt gonna argue, so I said "ok then". We waited for my brother to come home, and he also decided he wanted to come. So here are the park updates, and I'll have my impression of Pop Century (as a guest this time lol) at the end.

At The Magic Kingdom
--That shop in Timekeeper is still open. I read in someone else's update that they moved the stuff that was in Merchant of Venus into this shop, and changed the merchandise @ Merchant of Venus. Thats true. The stuff at MOV now is just general Disney stuff.
--On Splash Mountain, the jumping fish AA that was just halfway jumping up and down last time, has been shutoff, and doesnt jump at all now.
--All 4 of us saw Wishes. It was the first time My aunt and her friend had seen it. They loved it. They really did think it was great. As we were leaving though, we looked at our shirts, and black things were all over us from the fall-out of the fireworks. Peices of cardboard could also be seen falling from the sky.
--We ate at Tony's resturaunt. I was treated like a 4 year old in there. It was so rude. The waitress especially. We had so many though, since some would leave, that we couldnt figure out who was who. I didnt have a good time in there, and that was the very first time I had eaten there.

So, after that, we were gonna take the bus to Y&BC and walk to Epcot from there. The bus line was INSANE. So we decided to take the resort monorail to the TTC and get a monorail to Epcot. The line there was ALSO insane. My brother and I were tired of waiting, so we went another way, while my Aunt and her friend took the monrails. My brother and I walked to the Contemporary, bussed over to MGM, and then walked to Epcot. We got there at like 8. My Aunt got there at 5 til 9, and decided just to go back to the hotel. So, we got to see Illuminations, and then waited in ANOTHER insane line to get a bus to Pop Century. The line just looked crazy though. The bus drivers get props. There was prob. 1000 people in the line for Pop Century, but we didnt wait any longer then 10 minutes to get on a bus.

So...my impression of Pop Century as a guest...I LOVED IT! We stayed in room 5150, in the 60's building. Perfect walking distance to everywhere. The rooms were alright. Real Nice and colorful. Retro-ish. There could have been some more lights in the rooms though. My brother loved it too. It was his first time there. We both spent alot of time in the arcade. I got ALOT of goodies Including "THE CLICKER" (LOL Kenan and Tifani). The "Spinning Colors" game is your best bet on getting the most tickets. This morning, for breakfast, I had chocolate chip pancakes, and washed it down with a slushie. SOOO good! My brother and I, Friday Night, were out by the pool til, like 1 or 2am, just playing with our stuff from the arcade. I really loved Pop Century.

Thats its for today...but wait...there more...if you order now...um, lemme stop lol...NO, but really, tomorrow, I will be doing my normal park trip with Tifani, so look for a full Park Update tomorrow night

Pictures up soon:D

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Nice update! How were the lines at MK? I'm about to leave home to head to the Studios and MK, and hopefully lines aren't going to be as bad as I am thinking they will be.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Nice update! How were the lines at MK? I'm about to leave home to head to the Studios and MK, and hopefully lines aren't going to be as bad as I am thinking they will be.

It was busy. Thunder was 45. Splash was walk on cuz it was cold. Moderately busy.

imagineer boy

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
This update is a complete surprise. I came home from school on Friday afternoon, looking forward to take a nap, since I had been up since 5, and looking forward to eating, since I forgot my lunch money.

That happened to me too yesterday! I was starving. Great update! :wave:

Figment1986

Nice stay you had sounded like, too bad the debree followed you.

Had a nice stay, if only the bad was staying there instead of All stars.

nicholas

Yay! I'm even more excited for my trip and Pop Century now.

Only thing that concerns me is that things sounded kinda crowded. The whole reason I decided to go in early Feb was because I was told everything would be pretty much a walk on. Hmph.

Covnut

Whoa that is weird. I went this week for 5 days and there was no waits at all! The longest we waited was 20 minutes for Winnie the Pooh because someone was dumb and only letting FPs through. Sorry to hear about those long lines. Usually for the express monorail, even if the line is super long, it doesn't take too long to go through. It must have been really long.

On Splash Mountain, the jumping fish AA that was just halfway jumping up and down last time, has been shutoff, and doesnt jump at all now.
There is so much not working on Splash. This whole week the projection of the Bear and Fox chasing Rabbit was not working, the rabbit there was not saying anything, the hopping Brer Rabbit was not going around, sound was off on the scene where the Rabbit is caught by the Fox, there was no audio for the last scene with Bear stuck and the Alligator with Fox's tail, and the fish was not moving at all!

PLUS, the AA bird that says he wants to find this Laughing Place was missing on the last day of our trip. However, even with all these problems, it is still far better than Disneyland's.

We ate at Tony's resturaunt. I was treated like a 4 year old in there. It was so rude. The waitress especially. We had so many though, since some would leave, that we couldnt figure out who was who. I didnt have a good time in there, and that was the very first time I had eaten there.
That sucks about your experience there. I also ate there for my first time about 3 days ago and I had a wonderful time. Our waiter was extremely nice. He had a thick accent but we had some nice conversations with him. Our food came really fast as well and overall, he seemed interested in us. It was really cool!

So with that said, just remember people's experiences can always be different.

mickeysaver

So...my impression of Pop Century as a guest...I LOVED IT! We stayed in room 5150, in the 60's building.

OMG! This is so cool, you were in the room next to where we stayed in December as original resort guests. We were in 5151. I didn't think I would ever hear anyone say they stayed anywhere remotely near our room. You just made my day! Maggie

Shaman

As we were leaving though, we looked at our shirts, and black things were all over us from the fall-out of the fireworks. Peices of cardboard could also be seen falling from the sky.

You know...I was also wondering about the fallout factor....when I saw the show for the first time (from the flag pole) the wind was hitting our faces (this was the REAL cold night of SAT. Jan.10)....during the show....at different points my eyes would sting (like something would get in them)....we moved...I figured it was the fallout not real sure though....anyways I would think it wasn't too dangerous right...or should people be concerned about the fall out?

:lookaroun

BTW thanks for the update. :)

t3techcom18

This update is a complete surprise. I came home from school on Friday afternoon, looking forward to take a nap, since I had been up since 5, and looking forward to eating, since I forgot my lunch money. Anyways, I walk in the house, and my aunt and her friend (from Massachusetts) are sitting on the couch, with my mom talking. My Aunt was like "We got a room at Pop Century, and I wanna see Wishes tonight, and I want you to stay over at Pop Century with us, and come to the MK aswell" and I wasnt gonna argue, so I said "ok then". We waited for my brother to come home, and he also decided he wanted to come. So here are the park updates, and I'll have my impression of Pop Century (as a guest this time lol) at the end.

At The Magic Kingdom
--That shop in Timekeeper is still open. I read in someone else's update that they moved the stuff that was in Merchant of Venus into this shop, and changed the merchandise @ Merchant of Venus. Thats true. The stuff at MOV now is just general Disney stuff.
--On Splash Mountain, the jumping fish AA that was just halfway jumping up and down last time, has been shutoff, and doesnt jump at all now.
--All 4 of us saw Wishes. It was the first time My aunt and her friend had seen it. They loved it. They really did think it was great. As we were leaving though, we looked at our shirts, and black things were all over us from the fall-out of the fireworks. Peices of cardboard could also be seen falling from the sky.
--We ate at Tony's resturaunt. I was treated like a 4 year old in there. It was so rude. The waitress especially. We had so many though, since some would leave, that we couldnt figure out who was who. I didnt have a good time in there, and that was the very first time I had eaten there.

So, after that, we were gonna take the bus to Y&BC and walk to Epcot from there. The bus line was INSANE. So we decided to take the resort monorail to the TTC and get a monorail to Epcot. The line there was ALSO insane. My brother and I were tired of waiting, so we went another way, while my Aunt and her friend took the monrails. My brother and I walked to the Contemporary, bussed over to MGM, and then walked to Epcot. We got there at like 8. My Aunt got there at 5 til 9, and decided just to go back to the hotel. So, we got to see Illuminations, and then waited in ANOTHER insane line to get a bus to Pop Century. The line just looked crazy though. The bus drivers get props. There was prob. 1000 people in the line for Pop Century, but we didnt wait any longer then 10 minutes to get on a bus.

So...my impression of Pop Century as a guest...I LOVED IT! We stayed in room 5150, in the 60's building. Perfect walking distance to everywhere. The rooms were alright. Real Nice and colorful. Retro-ish. There could have been some more lights in the rooms though. My brother loved it too. It was his first time there. We both spent alot of time in the arcade. I got ALOT of goodies Including "THE CLICKER" (LOL Kenan and Tifani). The "Spinning Colors" game is your best bet on getting the most tickets. This morning, for breakfast, I had chocolate chip pancakes, and washed it down with a slushie. SOOO good! My brother and I, Friday Night, were out by the pool til, like 1 or 2am, just playing with our stuff from the arcade. I really loved Pop Century.

Thats its for today...but wait...there more...if you order now...um, lemme stop lol...NO, but really, tomorrow, I will be doing my normal park trip with Tifani, so look for a full Park Update tomorrow night

Pictures up soon:D

About Tony's Resturant: You're not the only one...besides COLD FOOD.....

Hey, maybe I saw you at Pop Century yesterday...I was there between 4-6, I was mostly around in Everything Pop, but since you were at the parks, I doubt I saw you....

Oh yeah, the Y&BC is my Dad's hotel!!!

stingrock23

Great update. My brother and sister just stayed at the Pop for a few nights this past week. they said they loved the resort. I can't wait to see it.

Dean[AU]

Great Update!!

But, i googled and got this:

No permit shall be granted for any public display of fireworks where the discharge, failure to fire, faulty firing, or fallout of any fireworks or other objects would endanger persons, building, structures, forests, brush, or other grass covered land. WAC 212-17-280

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
No permit shall be granted for any public display of fireworks where the discharge, failure to fire, faulty firing, or fallout of any fireworks or other objects would endanger persons, building, structures, forests, brush, or other grass covered land. WAC 212-17-280

wow...thats interesting.

OBJR---I had the same thing happen to my eyes. Yea, it was the fallout.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom