ISTCrew's February 22nd WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
This update was actually supposed to be Fridays update...Tifani couldn't come so we moved it to saturday. I was busy, so we finally settled on SUNDAY...WHICH IS TODAY...Tifani and I went to MGM, Then to Epcot...Then we met up with Kenan at AK...

So for MGM news:

--They now have the ENTIRE back section of NY blocked off. I cant really describe what sections are blocked off, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.
--We did the Animation Studio Tour again today. 2 different people asked about the state of 2D animation. Them CM'S must be trained well, because in both cases, he VERY quickley diverted away from that situation, to plug Home on the Range.

That was it for MGM...But for transporation news...Disney busses now have cushions...Atleast the one I was on did. It was one of those flat, ground level, weird seating busses. The seats were a different design, and had cushions. I also got pictures of that lol.

At Epcot:...

--The Fanta at Ice Station cool was back in stock.
--2 of the 4 Mission Space video postcards weren't working.
--Tifani got some more shots of Soarin for you guys.
--In Innoventions East, they added a new exibit called "It's a Nano World" or something like that, and it deals with magnification and small things like cells and whatnot. One of the exibits was you measure your height, and it tells you how tall you are in "Nano World". Im 5'11'', and that equaled something like 750,000,000,000,000 nano's or some dumb thing like that. They did have some cool games in that area though.

we stopped by AKL real quick, cuz I wanted to get a 1$ soda from the vending machine...Only to discover that THEY NO LONGER HAVE $1 SODAS IN THE MACHINES...They changed them to $2.50 bottles. The only place you can get a can is in the shop, and it cost 50 cents more!!!

Speaking of soda macines...they added 2 in the AKL bus stop area.

at Animal Kingdom,

--They moved the "Welcome" sign, with the 3 dinosaurs, over to the other side of the sidewalk. They moved it because the Triceratop Spin rehab wall was in the way.
--The Everest construction is going along good. The crane is back. The blue bridge is getting dirty, and it has brown spots all over. They may be painting it that way though, to give it an "old look".

Ok, and Im going to say this right here and now to clear it up for everyone who keeps asking me for directions to The "Gossip Phone"

1)Walk down Main Street, toward the castle.
2)Keep looking on the RIGHT side of Main Street.
3)You'll find a part, in which there is a small side street.
4)Go down the sidestreet, and turn into the building on your left.
5)Find the register...
6)Notice the phone next to the register.
7)Firmly grasp the phone with your hand.
8)Raise it to your ear.
9)You will hear sound coming out...Those are words.
10)Enjoy yourself while you're snooping in on other people's conversations.
11)Hang up phone. You wanna give other people a turn.

:lol: :hammer: :rolleyes:

That's it for today...But before I go, here is the link for our Mission Space postcard we made...If you have nothing nice to say about this video (and Im sure some of you wont) dont say anything at all:) Click here

Pictures up soon...Goodnight.

surfsupdon

Anyone in the "know" know anything about the current mess NYStreet may be in and if the Osborne Lights will be back on this upcoming year.

Is that plausable? Or a far fetch.

Thank you. All.

Defend10

Nice video, but what was up with the green screen? oh well, glad to see you had a good time, hope you enjoyed your clackers.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Pictures are up:D ...

We also made a 10 second postcard with sound, and it was us talking and everything. But Disney hasn't sent it yet:(

1stStarIC2nite

Yaaay... good update :D

I had the feeling you were never going to find a dollar soda while I was talking to Tif on the cell phone.. I mean, c'mon, it's Disney.. notin's cheap :lol:

That Soarin' buliding looks like a big tangled mess (well so far), and it doesn't look like it has that arched top like DCA's... *sigh* bummer.

So yea, go to the MK in your next update because I said so :D lol

Again, great update.... and dont drink so much Beverly next time ;)

sarajo

As far as the Osborne lights are concerned... I've heard from a reliable source (I know the Osbornes) that they are supposed to be back this Christmas... YIPPEE!!!:) :) Don't know about the rest of NYStreet.

imagineer boy

Great update Patrick! I can't wait to see the M:S post card thing where you guys talk so we can hear what you and Tif actually sound like!:D

wanabeimagineer

Great update as always. I just got home from my 4 day trip about an hour ago. I saw you in AK today, right outside by the trams. I have the picture to prove it :lol: Geez you're like a celebrity. Anyways, if you don't mind I'd like to add a little MK news to your post rather than starting another one for people to read.

First off, I found out that last week was Winter Break for northerners. We did not realize that. The parks were very crowded.

Now, At MK.....the Space Mountain singles line is apparently a taboo subject for most of the cast members. I had just used it on my last trip 2 weeks ago and people said it was still around so I went to the Fastpass Line to ask about it and the first day the lady looked at me like I was crazy and gave me attitude "I don't know who you've been talkin' to, but we don't have a singles line." Then the next day I figured I'd try again, so I ask the lady at the Fastpass line and she politely tells me "Yes we have it, but you have to wait in the outside line until you get inside the building, then ask the lady at the front of the building." So I wait, get up to the building and ask the lady there, her response "This ride has never had a singles line." When I tell her that I just talked to the lady back there she goes "Oh, well this is news to me."
And now the truth...I finally just got a Fastpass and used that, and at the unload station, the two CMs standing there were talking and one of them said "I'm glad we aren't doing singles line today, it makes the fastpass line so much longer." So, apparently, they just don't like doing it and so they don't tell the front CMs about it, or they all know and just pretend like they don't, or maybe they have gotten rid of it, I don't know. All I know is that, even though I had just used it 2 weeks ago, I was told it never existed.
So anyways, thanks Patrick for letting me take over your update for a while.

PS, here's the picture I took..
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=7890&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

TiNkErBeLl05

Originally posted by imagineer boy
Great update Patrick! I can't wait to see the M:S post card thing where you guys talk so we can hear what you and Tif actually sound like!:D
I can tell you right now I sound like a boy with a stuffed nose...LoL
So Yea I had a good time today.Patrick you didn't mention the little incident where I was trying to take the picture of Soarin and the guy came...luckily he went through the bushes...and didn't see me...I was soooo scared I was gonna get in trouble...but he didn't see me..LoL.
Great update Patrick.

SmithGett

Account Suspended
this may be stupid but...

this might be a stupid question, but what is the gossip phone? what is said on it, and what building is it in? i know you gave directions but i need details man!

thanks

wannabeBelle

Hey Patrick, Great update as per usual!! I am coming in for next weekend so dont be too surprised if you see me hopping off the bus again!!! Saturday is open as far as what I want to do but Sunday, I want to get over to EPCOT and see Off Kilter!!! Hopefully I will be in possesion of a video of them when this is all over. Do you think anyone on here would be interested enough to have Steve put it on the site? Belle

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Originally posted by wanabeimagineer

PS, here's the picture I took..
http://photoalbums.wdwmagic.com/showphoto.php?photo=7890&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHA....OMG!!! How come you didn't say nothing? Actually, if you look, Im the one with the blue shirt, Kenan is the one in the brown shirt, and Tifani is the one in the blue shirt. You got us when all 3 of us were there haha.

I really wish you would of said something, because I like to meet everyone. I think we were going right into that shop to look around for a bit, while Kenan was waiting for the line to the trams to go down.

HAHAHA...That's funny:lol: ...Just made my morning...

And as for the other postcard, where we actually talked. We did this one in Innoventions, and I still haven't got it. The guy said we should of gotten it right away...and it still aint here, so um, I dunno what to tell you...One time, the MS ones took nearly 2 weeks, so as soon as it comes, I'll post it.

Stingrock-Yep, they SURE were lol

"General" (lol) - I think it was green, because they have green screens there, and we were casting a shadow, and that's why the screen stayed green. It's like the thing a weatherman uses I guess.

Imagineer Boy - Yep...Tifani sure does sound like a boy with a stuffed nose. I make fun of her all the time, cuz it sounds like her nose is constantly stuffed.

And yea Tifani almost got caught when taking the Soarin pictures...And if I put that, then I would have to put
1)The Throw-up in The Land
2)The Brazilian Bathroom Party
3)The Honey Mustard
4)Spring Dangle
5)and, "THE CHAIR"...

to everyone else who just read that, and have NO idea...just wait...:)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by ISTCrew20
This update was actually supposed to be Fridays update...Tifani couldn't come so we moved it to saturday. I was busy, so we finally settled on SUNDAY...WHICH IS TODAY...Tifani and I went to MGM, Then to Epcot...Then we met up with Kenan at AK...

So for MGM news:

--They now have the ENTIRE back section of NY blocked off. I cant really describe what sections are blocked off, so I'll just let the pictures speak for themselves.
--We did the Animation Studio Tour again today. 2 different people asked about the state of 2D animation. Them CM'S must be trained well, because in both cases, he VERY quickley diverted away from that situation, to plug Home on the Range.

That was it for MGM...But for transporation news...Disney busses now have cushions...Atleast the one I was on did. It was one of those flat, ground level, weird seating busses. The seats were a different design, and had cushions. I also got pictures of that lol.

At Epcot:...

--The Fanta at Ice Station cool was back in stock.
--2 of the 4 Mission Space video postcards weren't working.
--Tifani got some more shots of Soarin for you guys.
--In Innoventions East, they added a new exibit called "It's a Nano World" or something like that, and it deals with magnification and small things like cells and whatnot. One of the exibits was you measure your height, and it tells you how tall you are in "Nano World". Im 5'11'', and that equaled something like 750,000,000,000,000 nano's or some dumb thing like that. They did have some cool games in that area though.

we stopped by AKL real quick, cuz I wanted to get a 1$ soda from the vending machine...Only to discover that THEY NO LONGER HAVE $1 SODAS IN THE MACHINES...They changed them to $2.50 bottles. The only place you can get a can is in the shop, and it cost 50 cents more!!!

Speaking of soda macines...they added 2 in the AKL bus stop area.

at Animal Kingdom,

--They moved the "Welcome" sign, with the 3 dinosaurs, over to the other side of the sidewalk. They moved it because the Triceratop Spin rehab wall was in the way.
--The Everest construction is going along good. The crane is back. The blue bridge is getting dirty, and it has brown spots all over. They may be painting it that way though, to give it an "old look".

Ok, and Im going to say this right here and now to clear it up for everyone who keeps asking me for directions to The "Gossip Phone"

1)Walk down Main Street, toward the castle.
2)Keep looking on the RIGHT side of Main Street.
3)You'll find a part, in which there is a small side street.
4)Go down the sidestreet, and turn into the building on your left.
5)Find the register...
6)Notice the phone next to the register.
7)Firmly grasp the phone with your hand.
8)Raise it to your ear.
9)You will hear sound coming out...Those are words.
10)Enjoy yourself while you're snooping in on other people's conversations.
11)Hang up phone. You wanna give other people a turn.

:lol: :hammer: :rolleyes:

That's it for today...But before I go, here is the link for our Mission Space postcard we made...If you have nothing nice to say about this video (and Im sure some of you wont) dont say anything at all:) Click here

Pictures up soon...Goodnight.

I just want to make sure I have all the great bits of news straight.

1. Cushy Tushies on the buses.
2. They refilled the soda machines at Ice Station Cool!
3. Half of the kiosks at the M:S Postcards are not working...(probably til today)
4. New area in Innoventions that tells you a dumb height.
5. No more $1 Sodas at AKL
6. Two...count them...TWO soda machines at the AKL bus stop!
7. They moved a sign across the street so they could put up a construction wall.
8. The bridge at the Everest Construction is already rusting!?!?! ;)
9. A step by step map to a phone in the Magic Kingdom! :sohappy:

Did I miss anything?

MouseMadness

Re: Re: ISTCrew's February 22nd WDW Update

Originally posted by WDWFREAK53
I just want to make sure I have all the great bits of news straight.

1. Cushy Tushies on the buses.
2. They refilled the soda machines at Ice Station Cool!
3. Half of the kiosks at the M:S Postcards are not working...(probably til today)
4. New area in Innoventions that tells you a dumb height.
5. No more $1 Sodas at AKL
6. Two...count them...TWO soda machines at the AKL bus stop!
7. They moved a sign across the street so they could put up a construction wall.
8. The bridge at the Everest Construction is already rusting!?!?! ;)
9. A step by step map to a phone in the Magic Kingdom! :sohappy:

Did I miss anything?

Yep, you're an _______. :lol:

imagineer99

Originally posted by wanabeimagineer
Great update as always. I just got home from my 4 day trip about an hour ago. I saw you in AK today, right outside by the trams. I have the picture to prove it :lol: Geez you're like a celebrity.

Wanabeimagineer, how come you didn't say anything!

If I see Patrick when I go at the end of July I'm going to start freaking out!

It's weird to think of Patrick as an actual person...right now he is only a myth in my mind.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom