ISTCrew's August 1st WDW Update

Woody13

CoffeeJedi said:
i do believe that's the lamest sign that i ever did see

i mean, they couldn't think of ANYTHING to put on it? yeah, that's some great theming there guys, really helps me escape the tedium of reality... thanks
That billboard has a meaning and is very well themed! In the United States during the 1920's, 30's, 40's, 50's and most of the 1960's all 7 digit telephone numbers used mnemonic rules. The format used (in the 20's, 30's and 40's) was LLL-NNNN (three letters, four numerals). Also, the first three letters were always derived from a word. For example:

Telephone numbers were always written and pronounced as follows:

TREMONT 3106

That stood for TRE - 3106 (873-3106)

So, your job WDW detectives, is to figure out what KLS stands for!

Also, great update Patrick! Thank you!:wave:

peter11435

Woody13 said:
That billboard has a meaning and is very well themed! In the United States during the 1920's, 30's, 40's, 50's and most of the 1960's all 7 digit telephone numbers used mnemonic rules. The format used (in the 20's, 30's and 40's) was LLL-NNNN (three letters, four numerals). Also, the first three letters were always derived from a word. For example:

Telephone numbers were always written and pronounced as follows:

TREMONT 3106

That stood for TRE - 3106 (873-3106)

So, your job WDW detectives, is to figure out what KLS stands for!

Also, great update Patrick! Thank you!:wave:
Does it have anything to do with the old California radio station KLS in the 1920's-1940's. I don't believe there is anything that starts with the letters KLS.

guwag

Say Patrick, am I right in thinking that you work at one of the parks now or is this just me not remembering things right as per usual? :D

Thanks for the update though, keep them coming eh?! :)

imagineer boy

Great! Finally another update, and a good one too. I would be letting out my anger for the Time Keeper Poster, but the big "nooooooooo" just about summed it up for me. :D

Woody13

peter11435 said:
Does it have anything to do with the old California radio station KLS in the 1920's-1940's. I don't believe there is anything that starts with the letters KLS.
Very Good! ºoº

mousermerf

Account Suspended
A note - MGM has been steadily refurbishing all it fascades for food and merch for the last half a year or more. They're getting close to being done, i think. Hence the new colors, new name, etc.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
A note - MGM has been steadily refurbishing all it fascades for food and merch for the last half a year or more. They're getting close to being done, i think. Hence the new colors, new name, etc.

If one wanted to play semantics, aren't all the parks ALWAYS doing that?

PKD

I JUST WANT a red Mickey Hat!!!!! I'm SO jealous....... HOWEVER I do have a Disneyland GOLDEN 50TH set of Ears!!!!!! Great pics!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Thrawn said:
If one wanted to play semantics, aren't all the parks ALWAYS doing that?

In all honesty - no.

A few years back Epcot re-did it's outdoor foods. DisneyLAND redid mainstreet. Right now MGM is re-doing all it's merch and food buildings. In theory it'd be nice if it was done constantly, but this level of work is only done when a dedicated budget is set aside.

Miss Bell

Great update! I've missed your updates so much, I did a search for your username, just to make sure you were still posting.

You always have a good eye for what so many of us Disneynuts would want to see and know. Thanks!

1stStarIC2nite

I forgot you even did updates :lol: But it was just FABULOUS as always.. haha. They make me miss WDW though.. can't wait till next summer until I can be in them again :king: :sohappy: :lol:

NADisney

Great Post !! :sohappy:

The Legends of Hollywood store sold vintage movie postcards,books,music,and t-shirts of MGM films and celebreties from it's opening day in 1989 till 1996.( I met Connie Stevens in Dec 1994 when she was signing her chritmas cd/tape with Joely Fisher from "the Ellen show" and "Wild Card". Pooh took over in 1996 to today.

Brent

Thanks for the update. As always its great to hear of the bits of changes going on. I'm also wondering whats going on w/ the wall in F.L. I can't think of why they have one up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom