Issues with Service During Free Dining

PintoColvig

Theory buster: We just finished our free meal (thanks Disney!) at Ragland Road and **gasp!** we gave an extra tip to Harold, our server. He did an excellent job and we responded in kind. Tipped the band, too!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I think this problem comes about b/c of the uber planners who then turn the rest of us into uber planners if we want to get anything good. The majority of people are not uber planners.

It's not uber-planners. It's the.. grr.. language filter.. lets call them twits.

The twits go and book 3 ressies for 1 meal period. Disney doesn't allow it, but they fudge their way around the system, and then to make matters even worse they don't bother to cancel any of them.

Worst part? Disney knows this happens and factors it into their restaurant estimates - so if everyone who booked does show up, the restaurant is a total mess.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
FYI, those of us on the free dining had trouble getting ADRs. The problem lies with the ADR system and not the free dining. Allowing ADRs to be made 6 months out without a penalty for "no shows" is the problem, IMO.

I wholeheartedly agree with both statements. It is general ADR's not free dining. I am amazed at how many empty tables remain empty throughout a meal when the restaurant is "sold out". I would think it is in Disney's selfish best interest to have some assurance that someone who makes ADR's 6 months ago and forgets or changes their mind at the last minute and just blows it off should have to pay.

It is another one of those situations where Disney is trying to be very accomodating and we are messing up the situation for ourselves.

ThinkTink721

We received great service at:
Cinderella's Royal Table
Hollywood & Vine
1900 Park Fare
'Ohana's b'fast
Chef Mickey's

We received good service at:
Cape May Cafe'
Crystal Palace

Not so good service at:
Planet Hollywood

Lucky

We didn't have any major complaints with service. Our server at San Angel Inn seemed overworked and service was slow at first. But when we told her we wanted to see Illuminations she went into action and brought our dessert and processed the bill very quickly.

Our server at Whispering Canyon was also slow, and was not into the entertainment much. The server at 'Ohana was just OK.

The best service we had was at Liberty Tree Tavern. Unfortunately I don't remember her name. Hoop-de-do was very good, and Le Cellier.

We also ate at several buffets, where the servers didn't need to do much. Mr. William at Chef Mickey's was good. Servers at Boma and the Park Fare breakfast were OK.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom