Isn't this Illegal?

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
Originally posted by Katherine
I guess you would have to know how they got it. If they won it or bought it then I would say it's legal.

But it has the Disney tracking code...I don't think it would have that if it were purchased or received legally.

TURKEY

Whoever did take that could have easily checked it out and kept it. He/she would have to pay for it, but I think that's about all for something like this.

niteobsrvr

As a cast member, you can choose to buy clothing if you want. Its expensive. Some people liked to do that with jackets because once it starts getting cold they are hard to come by and its hard to find one of the rack that actually fits right due to oversize people wearing too small a size.

Pioneer Hall

Original Poster
Originally posted by niteobsrvr
As a cast member, you can choose to buy clothing if you want. Its expensive. Some people liked to do that with jackets because once it starts getting cold they are hard to come by and its hard to find one of the rack that actually fits right due to oversize people wearing too small a size.

Interesting...never knew you could do that.

westie

Over the weekend I went to Target with a red shirt on. Everybody kept asking me questions because they thought I worked there. It really annoyed me but, I wouldn't mind being a CM impersonator! Whats the bidding up to?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
ehh.. I've seen worse.

and, btw- the CM purchasing of inventories costume pieces isn't exactly honest. Not anymore it isn't.

Now you would have to report it lost or stolen, and it would be deducted from your paycheck

WDW1971

Originally posted by westie
Over the weekend I went to Target with a red shirt on. Everybody kept asking me questions because they thought I worked there. It really annoyed me but, I wouldn't mind being a CM impersonator! Whats the bidding up to?

Excuse me...where can I find the toothpaste...oops! Sorry!

roysta123

I don't know if it is legal or not but I bought a Polynesian cast member shirt on ebay about a month ago. It is awesome. It has the barcode and official tag on it too.:D

frazierle

Did you notice the seller has other items for sale - Disney Cruise uniform and Animal Kingdom uniform. Then some old war stuff - makes you wonder if they didn't get it from the set of Pearl Harbor.:)

All Star Nathan

That seller has CM costumes on Ebay every once and a while. While some items are recieved unreputably I believe this guy is in the right. Those Dak costumes were never used and he used to have a lot of shirts from Bonfamile's also the jackets on the cruise line have changed. Costuming does sell some things. It depends alot on how identifiable it is out of its location.

Irrawaddy Erik

I know that they auction off alot of old CM costumes at property control...

Hey Rob I wonder where I can buy an old Mickey's Starland Costume :lookaroun I always wanted one LOL J/J

Tramp

I seem to be in 'brain lock' tonight, but I can recall a similar thread last year or 2001 about a 'Mickey Head' being auctioned off on Ebay. One of our CMs in the forum was gonna look into it but I don't remember seeing anything further mentioned.

Maybe I dreamt it cuz I can't find it in the search.

Maria

I´ve seen half costumes -the kind that contain character skin- being auctioned on Ebay before. I´m not sure if I found them myself or in the forums, but yeah, Tramp, you probably saw that here. :animwink:

stale32441

I also remeber a few months back someone was auctioning off full Mickey, Minnie, and Donald costumes for $50,000. They had a picture of them and everything...I belive someone said something to Disney or Ebay, but I'm not sure what happened(with the exception of nobody bidding)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom