Isle of Disney - Imagineering paradise!

wdwswan&dolphin

NeXuS1000 said:
I also need some more hotel ideas...
Well, let's see...I have some ideas for resort hotels. Here they are:
1) DISNEY'S CRANE RESORT AND DISNEY'S SWORDFISH RESORT (Deluxe)--Modern Whimsy Of The Architecture Of Michael Graves Is Evident In These Two Magnificent Resort Hotels, Similar To The Celebrated Walt Disney World Swan And Dolphin Yet Owned And Operated By Disney And With More Of A Family Atmosphere, Less Of A Convention Atmosphere. Nearly 2000 Rooms And Suites Are Complemented By Five-Star Amenities Such As Room Service, Nightly Turndown Service, 20 Restaurants And Lounges, Limitless Recreation And Entertainment, And The Magic Of Disney Pervading Throughout.
2) DISNEY'S MANGROVE PARK RESORT & SPA (Home Away From Home Aka DVC)--This Is A Stately And Elegant Village Retreat In Unforgettable Bahaman Style. Bright Colors Throughout The 140-Acre Resort's 1500 Villas Are Complemented By Five-Star Amenities Such As Room Service, Nightly Turndown Service, 5 Restaurants And Lounges, Limitless Recreation And Entertainment, And The Magic Of Disney Pervading Throughout.
3) DISNEY'S GRAND ANDALUSIAN RESORT & SPA (Deluxe Moderate)--Luxurious Resort Hotel With Architecture And Decor Reminiscent Of Moorish Spain. 600 Guestrooms And 80 Suites Are Complemented By Four Star Amenities Such As Limited Room Service, 6 Restaurants And Lounges, Limitless Recreation And Entertainment, And The Magic Of Disney Pervading Throughout.
4) DISNEY'S MARINA CLUB RESORT (Home Away From Home Aka DVC)--Make Your Choice From One Of Many Boat Homes Docked In A Pier With All The Latest Amenities For Utmost Comfort And More. Apart From 450 Boat Slips, The Resort Is Complemented By Four Star Amenities Such As Comfort Stations, 2 Restaurants And Lounges, Limitless Recreation And Entertainment, And The Magic Of Disney Pervading Throughout.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
3 and 4 is basically already planned. The renaissance will be something moorish spain I think and the maritime hotel will be like the fourth... would you mind if I used the name and some of the info though? I wouldn't mind your work on it either?

About 1, well, I'm still not too fond of the whole concept, but maybe that's just me? I'll consider it...

The Mangrove park is good though, thanks :)

So anyways, did you want to do some work on the Nubian Lagoon?

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Restaurants for the Wide World of Sports is now:

§ ESPN Zone:

Introduction: This two-level bar and restaurant will be the sports core of the hotel, where you can come eat while watching your favorite sports game.

The first floor is the dining floor, where you can buy easy food like pizzas, burgers or a salad and watch your favorite game. The floor will have a bar as well. The walls will be decorated with autographed sports memberobilia. The 3 projecter screens will display the hottest matches of the evening.

The second floor will consists of games and arcade. With pool tables, dart, motion capture golf and boxing as well as NHL2 Night Challenge. Small TVs hanging from the ceiling will also show sports events.

Capacity: 150 people (excluding bar etc.)

Food: Pizza, burgers, sandwiches, salads

Drinks: Beer, coffee, simple drinks

Features: Projector screens with surround sound, pool tables, dart, sports games, pizza delivery.

Price Group: Moderate

§ Fairway Inn:

Introduction: An a lá carté restaurant lieing next to the beautiful golf course. This stylish restaurant will offer soups, seafood, steaks, pasta and of course plenty of appetizers and desserts. Here you can relax after a day on the green in a comfortable mood, often met by a piano player.

Capacity: 80 people

Food: Appetizers, soups, steaks, seafood, pasta, desserts.

Drinks: Beer, wine, fine drinks

Features: Piano player, golf course view.

Price Group: Expensive

§ MVP Food Court:

Introduction: This themed buffet will feature food from all across the world. Get some american, italian, indian, chinese or even carribean food at the five themed stalls, whatever suits you. And in the morning you can enjoy a large breakfast buffet with all your favorite disney characters.

Capacity: 300 people.

Food: American, italian, indian, chinese and carribean buffet.

Drinks: Soda fountain, beer, wine

Features: Disney Characters (morning only)

Price Group: Moderate

§ Mickey’s Half-Time Stand:

Introduction: Get a snack and a cool drink after a hot day in the sun and relax to the sun in this outside bar.

Capacity: 50 people

Food: Snacks and small meals (eg. eggs, french fries, sandwich)

Drinks: Coffee, beer

Features: -

Price Group: Value

wdwswan&dolphin

NeXuS1000 said:
Restaurants for the Wide World of Sports is now:

§ Mickey’s Half-Time Stand:

Introduction: Get a snack and a cool drink after a hot day in the sun and relax to the sun in this outside bar.

Capacity: 50 people

Food: Snacks and small meals (eg. eggs, french fries, sandwich)

Drinks: Coffee, beer

Features: -

Price Group: Value

How about calling it Mortimer's Half-Time Stand instead? Mortimer was a long-time rival of Mickey Mouse, and was more athletic than Mickey, plenty of times impressing Minnie Mouse with his athletic ability. Just a thought.

wdwswan&dolphin

NeXuS1000 said:
3 and 4 is basically already planned. The renaissance will be something moorish spain I think and the maritime hotel will be like the fourth... would you mind if I used the name and some of the info though? I wouldn't mind your work on it either?

About 1, well, I'm still not too fond of the whole concept, but maybe that's just me? I'll consider it...

The Mangrove park is good though, thanks :)

So anyways, did you want to do some work on the Nubian Lagoon?

The Marina Club Resort is borrowed from a concept used at the Cedar Point Marina & Castaway Bay Marina at Cedar Point Amusement Park & Resort, where people actually "stay" in boats moored to a marina. It is much different than a Yacht Club/Beach Club/Newport Bay Club-type resort hotel. Their themeing will be similar, yes--but there's no crime in that, is there? It's all up to you whether you want to use it or not. As for Disney's Crane & Disney's Swordfish Resorts, Michael Graves has designed Disney's Hotel New York in Disneyland Resort Paris, which is owned completely by Disney is very successful. It would benefit Disney to own another hotel like that. To digress for just a moment, I can't wait until Disney decides to buy the Swan & Dolphin from Starwood someday. At least I hope they will. And the Mangrove Park Resort Hotel is nothing like the Caribbean Beach Resort, I assure you.
I don't mind if you use the name and some of the info.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Good idea with Mortimer...

And with Marina Club Resort, I doubt I would do one where you stay in the boats, so ok :)
I'll take a look at the Hotel New York and consider it...

But are you interested in doing any work on this project???

RCMAN2001

understand what your trying to do. What is everyone signing up to do? Whats the "project"? For some reason it looks like you just created your own dsney world on an island and everyones giving you suggestions about stuff???? What am I missing?

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
It's more than Disney World... it's Isle of Disney :)
For me it would be the next logical step forward for Disney if they wanted to do something bigger than WDW, and I think it could be a cool "resort" to do. Fun, creative and imaginative...

m star

Hotel Idea:

Themed on Atlantis and would be next to Disney Sea. Rooms would be "underwater" (the windows would have fish tanks outside of them so it looks like everything is underwater). If planned right, the fish tanks could be visible on one side from Disney Sea and the other from the hotel. (Basically like Animal Kingdom Lodge, but underwater) There could be different sections of the hotel where you would see different animals (i.e. Sharks, Dolphins, Coral Reef)

ImaginEAR

m star said:
Hotel Idea:

Themed on Atlantis and would be next to Disney Sea. Rooms would be "underwater" (the windows would have fish tanks outside of them so it looks like everything is underwater). If planned right, the fish tanks could be visible on one side from Disney Sea and the other from the hotel. (Basically like Animal Kingdom Lodge, but underwater) There could be different sections of the hotel where you would see different animals (i.e. Sharks, Dolphins, Coral Reef)

AAAAAAHHHHH!!!!! IT'S LIKE YOU WENT INTO MY HEAD AND STOLE MY IDEA!!! AHHHHHH!!!!

m star

wdwswan&dolphin said:
Do you mean Ancient Greek-style ruins? We already have a Mediterranean Resort.

Yeah, pretty much. However, I would think that underwater ruins would be quite different from a meditrerranean seaside resort. Alternatively, you could combine them somehow.

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Great idea m star... it would fit perfectly as a visual backdrop to the Lost Atlantis in DisneySea! Perfect...

s&w --> There's both an Ancient Greek Hotel and the Spanish/Renaissance hotel... they're different in style, very much. So will this I think...

NeXuS1000

Original Poster
Really? Well, haven't even read much of the thread so, it's not like I'm stealing an idea ;) It just thought it would be a natural area for DisneySea...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom