Is World of Warcraft the best game ever?

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
The game is a drug, play it once and your hooked.

I've never played a game where I can actually lose hours of my life in total immersion to the world you play in. From the raids, pvp and the incredible lore associated to the game, can you possibly think of a game that does what it does better?

Funny thing is, I'm in my 30's, but this game is beyond simple ages, as a person in my guild is in their 70's.

And if anyone is interested, my guild has downed Arthas in 10 man, and almost in 25. If you play and want a great guild to join, pm me for my server.

BigRedDad

I quit when my wife got pregnant. It sucked far too many hours of life away. Too much grinding when you started early when WoW started. When I quit, the highest level was 40. I think I had 6 level 40 characters.

braq

Word of Warcraft is really good game for me. Yes, its like crack so if you play it once you get addicted. I call it World Of Warcrack, lmao.

Maryssa*

Been playing since vanilla beta. Used to do hardcore raiding as well as arenas, but I've toned it down recently.

lil_saria

I honestly think that the comparisons to "crack" are beginning to get outlandish. I've been playing for five years, since the release and even though I raid now and have 3 top level toons I only play casually. Heck, the first 2.5 years my brother was on my account more than I was-and I was paying for it lol! I may jump on everyday but that doesn't mean I play for hours on end. I truthfully believe that if you're the type to get addicted to anything, then it'll be anything that you'll get addicted to (a game/sport/beer/drug/etc).

As for it being addicting? I said earlier I jump on but don't play. I logged out about 2 hours ago (from this post) after having done nothing in the gam for a little while. Heck, for my day off i spent more time playing Ghostbusters for the Wii than my "addiction".

but WoW is the best game I've ever played :D

Testtrack321

Simply put, no, for me at least.

I played for 6 months and just couldn't get into it anymore.

My personal #1 game? The only one I've ever beaten TWICE, Wind Waker...

mikelangelo11

Well i also think there is a lot of fun. I play it usually at least once a day. I never leave a day without playing that game. I guess you can say I am addicted. I really want to star wars to be a good game, but i got an impression that the game will suck.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Still playing WoW, not doing much else gaming wise.

But it did get me to thinking, has there EVER been a good Disney based game?

The only one that comes to mind for me was Mickey Mouse and the Castle of Illusion on the old Sega Genesis. That game was great.

Wilt Dasney

Still playing WoW, not doing much else gaming wise.

But it did get me to thinking, has there EVER been a good Disney based game?

The only one that comes to mind for me was Mickey Mouse and the Castle of Illusion on the old Sega Genesis. That game was great.
Mickey Mania came out on SNES (and Genesis, I believe)...followed Mickey from his black and white Steamboat Willie days to his more modern incarnation. Also pretty dang hard in spots.

There were also some really solid Capcom 8-bit entries on the old NES: Ducktales, Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers....along with some less stellar ones, like Adventures in the Magic Kingdom (which I enjoy just for its awfulness/ridiculousness) and the truly repulsive Mickey Mousecapade.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
I do tend to get amazed at people who actually made fantastic versions of Disney parks with Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Some people did versions of the Disney Parks we know and love, some actually went out and made their own vision of a Disney Park. Some are good, some bad, some incredible.

mrksem454

It is quite an awesome game. It is better then any other online game, also. This cannot be denied, except by fools who have not played it. Because they have not played it, they aren't entitled to such an opinion.

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
Blizzard, the makers of WoW, makes incredible games. I own every single game they have ever made and with the exception of The Lost Vikings, everyone is great.

If you never played WoW, try it, you'll like it.

tmm7899

I totally agree. I started playing WoW on the Cho'gall server when it first launched. I was originally a gnome mage, got to 60 before BC came out and took a break until it did. BC came out, got to 70 on a different server. I then moved to a different place and did not have reliable internet and recently (Last October) was talked into playing again by a friend. I am back on Cho'gall and now I am an undead mage (level 80) with a weak gs of 4500.

It's a good distraction and a lot of fun!

aarenlainey

I have been playing wow games and I like this game. Its very addictive and you start thinking that there is not a game that's better in the world. But now getting bored from this game.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom