Is Whispering Canyon Cafe worth the travel?

kimmykimmy

My family and I ate breakfast at the Whispering Canyon this past January and LOVED it! The food was fantastic and the service was great!
If you ask for ketchup they announce to the entire restaurant that you want ketchup and bring you ALL the bottles of ketchup in the restaurant. Its absolutely hilarious! And way fun!

I had the waffles, which were delicious, and the fruit plate, which was very fresh and yummy! My mom, dad, and sister all ordered different things and said they were all excellent!

ryguy

We just ate there in October for the first time. It was alright, I don't know if I would race back. But if you have never tried it, than give it a whirl. My kids 5 and 2 didn't get much out of it. Atmosphere was kid friendly, very loud and lots of activity. Food was good, not great. Hope that helps.

JenJas87

excellent, especially if you get a good server. In my opinion I think the food is OK but the atmosphere is what makes it the best. and Im sure the tree will be beautiful (Im jealous!) have a wonderful time!

Our first experience was a couple of weeks ago, we thought the food was very good. Awesome cornbread. The "entertainment" was fine, not much to talk about if you ask me. 10 bottles of ketchup, announcing birthdays and anniversaries every 5 minutes or so, the stick horse rides for the kids. Apparently they have cut back on alot of what they use to do entertainment-wise. My sisters had been before and they said they use to do alot more.

Disneykidder

We ate dinner there for the first time in August and loved loved it. I can tell you that it will become a definate must for us on every future trip! It was myself, hubby, son (4 1/2), nephew (14 1/2) and we all said it was our favorite meal from our trip. We were also on the DDP and ate at 7 different places.

I knew some of the things to ask, due to reading different posts, and I had my family do the asking. It was hilarious. The food was amazing, the atmosphere was great, they did funny things, the hotel is stunning, the waitstaff were very accommodating and it was an overall great time.

Oh, we had 26 bottles of ketchup on our table...great pics!!

wvdisneyfamily

My husband really likes WCC. I could take it or leave it. However, I am very interested in their breakfast now because of someone's post...:slurp:

Stellajack

We have 2 DDs, ages 3 1/2 and 19 months and will be going to WDW next month. We LOVE Wilderness Lodge (stayed there for honeymoon) and would like the kids' to see the ginormous Christmas tree there. But, is Whispering Canyon worth it? I remember eating there back in 2001 and wasn't all that impressed, but maybe it's worth it with kids?

:wave: Y E S- My husband and I have dined here as a couple as well as with a 13-member group. We love it!

lighteningqueen

This was something we really looked forward to this year as last year was fun and good. This Dec, not so good. Very fatty, cold,and the CM"S boring. No shinanigans in the whole room. They have all lost there magic in Disney World. Even O'Hana's was raw, tough, and fatty. About a cup of noodles for 5 of us and they never refilled them. Came by only one time for meat after the first time. Big let down this year and expensive. Seemed they wanted us in and out many of us. Lots of empty tables even though they said they were booked. We were not even on the dining plan

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom