Is Wendy Still Meeting in the Magic Kingdom?

disneyfan295

Original Poster
I've noticed that on the MDE app Wendy has not been listed as a scheduled character for a couple days. Is she still meeting with Peter Pan by his ride or has this been changed? She seems to disappear and reappear quite a bit... :rolleyes:

KCheatle

Hmm...Interesting! When we were there in September she was meeting with Peter right outside their ride. However, she came to the M&G later than Peter. We actually walked with her to the character spot in the morning. Peter was arleady there, and my DD (8) spotted her walking in front of the carousel, walked right up to her, and then talked with her as they walked to their M&G spot. It was awesome :D

75disney

It will be a shame if she is not with a Peter anymore. My kids met her with Peter in November. It was one of their best character Meet and Greets ever (and trust me there have been a lot of M&Gs). Peter and Wendy were hilarious together and spent a lot of time with every family. They spent at least five minutes with my kids and my kids were laughing the whole time. It was well worth the wait in line.

eblaz37

@cw1982 is correct. She is being utilized for Anna/Elsa. Right now, as you can understand, they are using the "all hands on deck" mentality until this Frozen madness calms down. Then Wendy will return with Peter. No date has been announced at this time for Wendy to return, though. Heard from Entertainment CM.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
@cw1982 is correct. She is being utilized for Anna/Elsa. Right now, as you can understand, they are using the "all hands on deck" mentality until this Frozen madness calms down. Then Wendy will return with Peter. No date has been announced at this time for Wendy to return, though. Heard from Entertainment CM.
That's either one tall Wendy, or one short Anna/Elsa. Just saying.

cw1982

For that matter, didn't Tinkerbell lose several friends when she moved next to Mickey? I bet her friends became pairs of human sisters as well, for the time being.

Last edited:

walter1901

Anna and Elsa are causing problems! The new rope drop process and Wendy being cut. Solve everybody's problems WDW and set up meets at DHS and Epcot!:mad::mad::p

cw1982

Anna and Elsa are causing problems! The new rope drop process and Wendy being cut. Solve everybody's problems WDW and set up meets at DHS and Epcot!:mad::mad::p

They would still have cut Wendy if the girls were added at Epcot. The actors have to come from somewhere. It's easier to move existing CM's than to hire new ones.

wdrive

But it's not as if every Wendy can do Anna or Elsa. Most Wendy's would be too small and they still need to match facially (Is that even a word?)

cw1982

But it's not as if every Wendy can do Anna or Elsa. Most Wendy's would be too small and they still need to match facially (Is that even a word?)

It might not be ideal, but even in normal circumstances a lot of the girls dressed as the princesses aren't spitting images of the characters they portray. Wigs and makeup are a big part of their appearance.

As far as height, I don't remember anything that specifies how tall any of those three are. Since they are going to different sets, the same height can work in different contexts just fine imo.

Last edited:

wdrive

It might not be ideal, but even in normal circumstances a lot of the girls dressed as the princesses aren't spitting images of the characters they portray. Wigs and makeup are a big part of their appearance.

As far as height, I don't remember anything that specifies how tall any of those three are. Since they are going to different sets, the same height can work in different contexts just fine imo.

At the auditions one of the main things they look at is the performers face and height. That plays a huge part in casting.
There are specific heights for each and every character and they never ever ever just break that rule. Most Wendys will be too small for both Anna and Elsa.

cw1982

It doesn't work like that though. There are specific heights for each and every character and they never ever ever just break that rule. Most Wendys will be too small for both Anna and Elsa.

Clearly not, if we have confirmation that this has happened. WDW was in a pinch to rectify a situation, and Wendy was an easy target since Peter can meet without her. Might not happen often but in this case it makes sense.

wdrive

Clearly not, if we have confirmation that this has happened. WDW was in a pinch to rectify a situation, and Wendy was an easy target since Peter can meet without her. Might not happen often but in this case it makes sense.

Wheres the confirmation? They may be using a couple of tall Wendys but I highly doubt most Wendys are now Anna or Elsa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom