Is WDI capable of making a dark right like Universal?

Tigerace81

This makes no sense. Why would Imagineering spend money designing or paying for the design of an entirely new silent anti-rollback system when the existing ones already work? It makes more sense that, like with the track, Expedition Everest was the first in-park implementation of new technology Vekoma had already developed and Disney purchased.

If Disney really did have a new system created it a perfect example of the waste within Imagineering that makes their projects so much more expensive than those of others in the themed entertainment business. This type of waste should not be applauded by fans, as that was resources used to duplicate technology already available elsewhere. It is this type of waste that makes the accountants and managers look at a project and question if the expense is justifiable and ultimately decide for something less ambitious, knowing the budget will probably be exceeded.

A waste? Sorry did you want to ruin our experience with the Click, click, click, click or a whisper quiet ascent into everest? They did it to keep the theme because I dont know bout you but when was the last time a train going uphill clicked into place every second?

Tom Morrow

For the love of god, I had one at my own home park, T2, and it wasnt designed the same way as EE's. Disney specifically asked for a new lift design.

Who cares if it was a different design? You're arguing over such a MINOR detail - how much noise the anti-rollbacks make - something that hardly affects the ride experience on Everest at all.

paul436

Also, Spiderman is overrated.
I have to disagree with this statement. With all the hype I heard about this ride before I went on it, I expected to be slightly disappointed based on my very high expectations of it. But I wasn't. In fact, I was blown away by it. It met and exceeded all of my expectations. I is simply the best theme park ride I've been on yet.

SOLISIMO

Im glad Tigerace81 and lazyboy97o dont work at the local carnival together bc you two wouldnt stop arguing about whos coaster is better:ROFLOL:

lazyboy97o

A waste? Sorry did you want to ruin our experience with the Click, click, click, click or a whisper quiet ascent into everest? They did it to keep the theme because I dont know bout you but when was the last time a train going uphill clicked into place every second?
Go back and reread what I said. I never questioned the use of a silent anti-rollback system. I questioned the assertion that Disney had a new method developed as part of the Expedition Everest project. That would be wasteful because Vekoma already had the technology for Disney to purchase with the coaster.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom