Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

Nemo14

Now if the tent followed you around all day and provided instant relief, then they may be onto something. Just imagine, in addition to stroller parking, we can have tent parking.

Put these guys in charge of the cabana project.

Heck, they already have the cranes - might as well use them year round!

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I can see a market for these for those who really cant get away from work but want the kids and rest of the family to have fun. Limited demographic of course, but I've been in that situation before. Not everyone's finances are the same, so what might be a major expenditure for you might not even be a blip or an equitable compromise.

Brad Bishop

Good grief - what next!!

Premium VIP bathrooms. Passes available for $150/day but you'll always have an attendant on duty and they'll always be clean. Doesn't affect regular folks as their bathrooms will continue to be tended to the way that they are today (which is a far cry from how they were tended to in the past).

I could definitely see that.

wdwgreek

How long until everything will be a cash add on for the 1 percent? I am a law student and budget all year to make my the trips a year, will they start charging up charges for cups of water and for sitting in the front row of shows or for fastpasses. Frankly its starting to get ridiculous

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Premium VIP bathrooms. Passes available for $150/day but you'll always have an attendant on duty and they'll always be clean. Doesn't affect regular folks as their bathrooms will continue to be tended to the way that they are today (which is a far cry from how they were tended to in the past).

The next thing you will see is an increase in hard ticket nighttime events. With no MK parade on the horizon, you'll see new "parties" being setup to occur throughout the year. You want nighttime Disney entertainment and fireworks, be prepared to pay additional for it.

This is only the beginning. Once Hollywood Studios gets settled and the lines are crazy you'll have start having hard ticket events over there as well and At Epcot they'll just wind up adding for food and wine festival type events. Don't Doubt me.

Brad Bishop

Here is my question. How many tents are there, 5 or 6? Lets say they rent out all 6 at $650 for the day. Thats $3,900. Could they not find a better way to make $3,900 extra for the day at MK? Even if they have 10 of them and rent them all out, its only $6,500 for the day. Is that really going to make a dent in any bottom line after you adjust for whatever the cost is to have the tents and employees catering to the people in them?

I bet it's appeal to management is re-salability. Someone mentioned about that the $650 is not for the entire day (like you can't just sit there for the entire day) and that drinks/snacks aren't included. Much like how they sell the MK several times a day now (pre-opening breakfast and a few rides, the tried-and-failed $150 After Hours event), this is just another one of those. If they have 6 tents and the idea is that you can come and rest for a while but not all day then they can sell those 6 tents 4-6 times each day, every day. From an operational point of view it's just a little straightening up and wipe-downs.

If, however, they offered some new thing to do then there's R&D for it, some kind of build, and ongoing maintenance and you don't really get to sell it, individually, over and over again (except with the park). To the bean counters this makes perfect sense.

..and it doesn't affect ticket sales so it doesn't matter.

(I'm actually waiting until someone starts to figure out that "not maintaining something"/"shutting something down"/"cash grab" which, individually don't affect ticket sales actually adds up to: it affects ticket sales. We're not there, yet, apparently)

BigChris77

For $650 I'd rather book a concierge room for a day at The Contemporary or Polynesian to have a "break" from the hot weather, etc...These premium add on things are getting to be absolutely ridiculous.

That's a bloody good idea. If you can others to pitch in for the times you're not there, you could do it for a fraction of the cost of these gazebos (I refuse to call them cabanas).

GhostHost1000

Premium Member

$200 more for whipe service
$500 more for executive tp

Mickey5150

Cabanas like these would be a good idea if a celebrity was there with family and getting hounded from fans. A place to get away, have some snacks and drinks. Nothing I would ever pay for but then again no one cares when I'm in the MK.

GrammieBee

Tongue in cheek, but they do not pay enough to the people who keep thinking up all the ways to extract more money from a well heeled, or those who want to keep up a deep pocket appearance, Walt Disney World guest.

And yes, it does take away from the average visitor because it means even more good viewing spots for parades or fireworks are only for those who can afford expensive extras.

Sonconato

Sorry I made a new thread that you guys had to merge with this one. I couldn't find this one, so I thought no one had seen yet. Seriously, though. I stared at these in disbelief (and sadness) for at least ten minutes.

enomi

Please take the time to call, email or write to the Walt Disney Company. Expressing your discontent here does nothing and will not get noticed. Complain directly to customer service, park management, their social media accounts, etc.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
What about corporate cabanas? That I could see them selling. Or crank up the HOA fees at Golden Oaks and include this as a perk.

They exist already, only they're called 'lounges' in the second floor of Epcot buildings. There's one for DVC owners and one for Chase card holders.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom