Is this really a thing or is it April 1ST? Cabanas in the parks.

DisneyDebRob

Does anyone know exactly where they are? Can you see them walking by SM?
I am not one to rip Disney on everything but this is insane. This is not castaway or the water parks where you expect families to stay put in them for a day. From the pictures it looks like a tent city set up in a theme park. Absolutely ridiculous. I would have less of a problem with another rate increase announcement.

Creathir

So I think it's a money grab, quick buck type of thing, but if done right, I could see the appeal.

Imagine your "cabana" being a private space with a window overlooking the hub from above Casey's? A/C and private fireworks viewing?

Or a colonial styled room overlooking Liberty Square?

Central to the action, cool, away from the ridiculous Brazilian tour groups while you wait for your next fast pass...

I'm not excusing Disney, but when you are hawking $2000+ per night rooms, the guests who stay in said accommodations expect a certain level of included or available amenities.

If the cabana included 3-6 additional fast passes per guest in your party, the value in such a service suddenly seems much more palpable.

Not a fan of nickel and dining people, but why fault them for trying to offer a premium service for those that want it? I certainly would not be getting one, but if it was AC with free snacks, in a quiet place with private fireworks viewing, and a few more fast passes thrown in, I certainly would want to try it once, for the experience alone.

Disorbust

Original Poster
Embarrassing.
Funny you say "embarassing" because thats the sentiment on the CP alumni page. Which I think is very telling since they drink the koolaid by the bucket full.

I am not a business person AT ALL but this just smells like a solution to dealing with capacity issues and make a profit at the same time. Those with the funds will spend it so not to have to sweat with the commoners and deal with the crowds. The thought of updating EPCOT and getting MGM in order to deal with capacity is just not profitable enough in the short term.

I am sure their will be more cash grab add ons in our future. I am still waiting for the Cinderella suite to become available. If you can drop 250,00 on a MK wedding whats another 50,00 for your wedding night in the suite.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The sad reality of these "premium" cabanas is that they actually contribute to the decline of the once "premium" experience.

WDW was once about having an entire vacation be a premium experience, peppered with microcosms of more premium experiences and service wherever you ventured. Now, it is being operated as if it were a trendy nightclub in the city.

Last edited:

matt9112

Does anyone know exactly where they are? Can you see them walking by SM?
I am not one to rip Disney on everything but this is insane. This is not castaway or the water parks where you expect families to stay put in them for a day. From the pictures it looks like a tent city set up in a theme park. Absolutely ridiculous. I would have less of a problem with another rate increase announcement.

they are essentially off to the right of space mountain taking up area that used to be regular guest areas. they are awful....tacky and unthemed. parked my stroller behind one of these monstrosity last night.

Nemo14

I can't wait til they add their newest value resort...
this-waianae-tent-community-is-just-one-of-many-in-this-native-town-together-they-contain-1000-to-4000-people.jpg

Goofyernmost

I'm having a problem understanding what advantage it would be for anyone. A small building (at this point especially) being a tent in100 degree heat. What is the purpose? You're not even changing into a swimsuit. I need more information on what the function is and why it would be worth a crapload of money. Color me confused!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Another fantastic way to divide the us v. them mindset and to further separate people from their money. If that price point is accurate that is not only embarrassing but it's ballsy and shows where the company's interests solely lie: profit above all.

I hope not a single one gets rented but who am I kidding, someone will think this is a great idea and will book it.

Disney might as well offer incentive to buy the cabanas by removing the last of the chairs and benches. Give the people absolutely no where to rest for five minutes so they see this as a "luxury".

Goofyernmost

Another fantastic way to divide the us v. them mindset and to further separate people from their money. If that price point is accurate that is not only embarrassing but it's ballsy and shows where the company's interests solely lie: profit above all.

I hope not a single one gets rented but who am I kidding, someone will think this is a great idea and will book it.

Disney might as well offer incentive to buy the cabanas by removing the last of the chairs and benches. Give the people absolutely no where to rest for five minutes so they see this as a "luxury".
For people with more money then brains, yes. And, to be honest, if people are foolish enough to let themselves be separated from their money that easily, I have no concern about it. It's their money and is of no concern of mine. I'm not convinced that this is a stay in place thing, but, if it is... what the hell, I'm old and will not be going there very often anymore anyway. That is the current generations problem. If they have no problem, why should I care.

Disorbust

Original Poster
What about corporate cabanas? That I could see them selling. Or crank up the HOA fees at Golden Oaks and include this as a perk.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom