Is this it after Guardians: Cosmic Rewind ?

TYOTimer

For my money, nothing has ever gotten as bad as the state that Epcot is in right now.
Oh I agree. WallCOT is a shameful waste of resources right now. It would almost be worth it just to have World Showcase open to get money from the restaurants and divert CMs to other parks to help with the staffing shortages.

CaptainAmerica

Oh I agree. WallCOT is a shameful waste of resources right now. It would almost be worth it just to have World Showcase open to get money from the restaurants and divert CMs to other parks to help with the staffing shortages.
I worry about the short-term state of the Cast, especially as we get into the 50th Anniversary. Even in the places where they've found some warm bodies to stick in a costume, there aren't enough Old Guard to show them the ropes. There was such a good mix of pixie dusters, lifers, optimistic CPs, burnt out CPs, random townies, international work visas, and retirees. It's going to take years to recreate that balance.

TYOTimer

I hope we don’t have to wait until D23 to get an update on the center spine of Epcot. Destination D is coming up so hopefully they will give an update then.
I can give you one: Moana just got bid out the middle of last month, expect it to be another 2-1/2 years plus Disney’s inevitable delays until that is done

TYOTimer

I worry about the short-term state of the Cast, especially as we get into the 50th Anniversary. Even in the places where they've found some warm bodies to stick in a costume, there aren't enough Old Guard to show them the ropes. There was such a good mix of pixie dusters, lifers, optimistic CPs, burnt out CPs, random townies, international work visas, and retirees. It's going to take years to recreate that balance.
I’m worried that the pandemic is going to cause a permanent toll on this. Especially considering how many local CMs I’ve seen selling off their entire collections of Disney Merch and memorabilia in Antique Malls in the Orlando area in the past weeks and months. Disney created a gap with the local community, and their own cast members, that is going to take years to fix, and might not ever be repairable

TYOTimer

Moana’s attraction is kinda ho-hum anyways. Just a step better than tangled bathrooms
Yup. Which is all the more reason it’s insane that the entire project is going to cost almost as much, if not more, than all of Pandora cost, just for this phase 1 of the central spine

CaptainAmerica

Even Hollywood Studios before Star Wars land?
There was a lack of stuff to do but it wasn't so offensively ugly just to be inside the park. You could still sit on a bench crunching on some popcorn and forget for a second that the entire place had gone to hell.
I can give you one: Moana just got bid out the middle of last month, expect it to be another 2-1/2 years plus Disney’s inevitable delays until that is done
I still don't understand what this thing is. I thought it was basically some landscaping.

Cmdr_Crimson

Unless they announce anything at the Nov D23 event and still being overshadowed from the 50th..We can't forget Epcot's 40th is next year.

Little Green Men

For my money, nothing has ever gotten as bad as the state that Epcot is in right now.
Nice try, DHS in 2018 and DCA pre renovations were far worse! WDSP is still crap too.
The current state of DHS is close. They have the new shiny toys but that’s about it.

Does anyone actually consider it an attraction?
Current? LMAO! It’s in the best shape it’s ever been with more rides and things to do since it opened!

TYOTimer

Nice try, DHS in 2018 and DCA pre renovations were far worse! WDSP is still crap too.
If we are going to say what’s truly the worst ever, that crown goes to HKDL. But, if it’s only WDW, EPCOT now takes the crown against DHS pre-updates.
Current? LMAO! It’s in the best shape it’s ever been with more rides and things to do since it opened!
It has 2 new lands, yes. But it has a desperate need for new stage shows (especially when Ron Logan himself admits BATB was only supposed to be around for 2 years, yet it still exists) and a secondary lapse of rides coming soon, with RNRC getting very close to the end of its service life, and arguably Stars Tours having the same, plus the outdated mess that is MuppetVision and their half working projection system, I definitely wouldn’t say it’s in the best shape it’s ever been. That title would probably go to MGM Studios around 2000

ParentsOf4

Chapek took over Parks and Resorts at the beginning of 2015
And limited a lot of what we were supposed to get with lands
I need to write a piece on this but it does look like nearly everything announced over the last few years (which I'm happy about) was Iger's doing. It appears that Iger wanted to leave a legacy, something he would be remembered for.

After a year or so as Parks & Resorts Chairman, it appears that Chapek began trying to pump the breaks, something he had only limited influence over in that position. (For example, Galaxy's Edge budget was cut.) Now that Chapek is CEO, he is calling the shots and future investments at WDW are looking increasingly ugly.

Again, I need to write a lengthy post to describe what happened since my last detailed analysis in November 2016.

See:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/walt-disney-world’s-biggest-investment-since-1998.922682/

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom