Is this a contract violation?

BenS

Original Poster
Ok, as far as I know Disney's official chocolate supplier is Nestle, right? Which you would think to mean that they can only sell, use or promote Nestle chocolate, but as you can see in the picture (which I covertly took at max zoom through a window) they are using Hershey's chocolate for the Beaver Tails at the Canada Pavillion in Epcot!

So, I was wondering if I could blackmail them somehow. :lol:

Attachments

• 1Picture_021-med.jpg
    1Picture_021-med.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 446

BenS

Original Poster
Lee said:
Ummmm....nope.
No contract violation.
Oh well, no $15 million in unmarked bills for Ben I guess. :lol:

But doesn't it seem strange that they would choose to use Hershey's instead of one of their biggest sponsors? Just seems a bit odd.

BenS

Original Poster
yensidtlaw1969 said:
No, I don't think it's a violation, but MAN you've got a good eye!
Well I do have 20/20 vision...

...when I have my glasses on...

...and there are no smudges or anything on them...

:lol:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
ok, im not to up on my chocolate syrup in the bottle, but of course everyone knows about the hershey chocolate syrup in the can/bottle for milk or ice cream (see photo above) but i dont think ive ever seen a similar product from nestle.

now, personally i think they would develop something for disney if the wanted nestle in a squeeze bottle but does anybody know if nestle has such a thing?

AEfx

jmaxwell007 said:
ok, im not to up on my chocolate syrup in the bottle, but of course everyone knows about the hershey chocolate syrup in the can/bottle for milk or ice cream (see photo above) but i dont think ive ever seen a similar product from nestle.

now, personally i think they would develop something for disney if the wanted nestle in a squeeze bottle but does anybody know if nestle has such a thing?

Yes, Nestle makes chocolate syrup as well. It's a bit sweeter and thinner, unlike Hershey's (my personal choice). Nestle makes better pre-made drinks, but Hershey's has far and above the better chocolate sauce.

About the only people that contractually are prevented from using competitors products are people like pop stars who do soft drink ads. Even that is relatively new, added to many contracts after Britney was caught not once but twice drinking a Coke product (photographs, of which, of course, appeared in the media almost immediately) while she was the sole Pepsi spokeswoman.

AEfx

joel_maxwell

glantern said:
Never heard of Nestle Quick?

yeh yeh, i was refering to the non premade. i thought that the nestle quick drink was pre-made. like i said im not to up on chocolate drinks. i remember the rabbit and the "gotta have my quick" campain.

sheesh, you can never preface enough with details. lol

Figment1986

no contract violation... unless nestly really wanted out.....

Like how Disney is going to slowly start their own photo service, and kicking kodac out of epcot... no problems their.... that i can think of....

(GM's competitior displayed their robot at Epcot...)

I think disney made their contracts a little foggy around that part to get away with some stuff...

joel_maxwell

now that you mention it, i think i do remember my big sister force feeding me the quick powder out of the can. straight powder. it was actually good, but maybe that is what ruined me of the "chocolate" fix. lol but it may have been hersey because that was 20 years ago.

BenS

Original Poster
glantern said:
It comes pre-made, mix powder form, and mix syrup. Also has a "strawberry" variety (which I prefer to the "chocolate").http://www.nesquik.com/products.asp[/url]
Ech, I hate the strawberry NesQuik.

Miss Bell

As with everything else, it is obvious that Disney got this right: you use Nestle for the cookies and Hershey's for the syrup--it works at my house. :slurp:

TheDisneyGirl02

Ahhh, Hershey...my second favorite amusement park behind Disney (OK, Disney isn't an amusement park, but that's a different topic).

I love Hershey chocolate, so I'm happy about it!

Great picture! Good eye and maybe you could blackmail Mr. Eisner with the evidence of the breach of contact! :lol: :lol: :lol:

TheDisneyGirl02

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom