Is there an "escape door" in the shows for scared toddlers?

I was wondering if my DD 3 happens to get scared in a show (I'm thinking of The Little Mermaid, I'm sure there are others) will we be able to sneak out? I wouldn't want her crying to disturb others or have her be terrified! I didn't know if there were doors you could exit while the show was still going on. Thanks!

disneydiva72

I was wondering if my DD 3 happens to get scared in a show (I'm thinking of The Little Mermaid, I'm sure there are others) will we be able to sneak out? I wouldn't want her crying to disturb others or have her be terrified! I didn't know if there were doors you could exit while the show was still going on. Thanks!

This happens all the time, and believe it or not it has happened to me with both of my kids w/ the Little mermaid, Im not sure what is so frightening about that show but never the less....yes, there is always a CM member around to get you out if need be, you are never "trapped" in a show.

Upvote 0

Carolyn1717

You can get out if you want to. I can't imagine a little girl being afraid of The Little Mermaid, we took both granddaughters as toddlers and they just loved her. Best thing to do with little ones is before you come to Disney rent every movie you can get your hands on. This way she is familiar with all the Disney characters before she sees them whether in a show or at a character meal. It makes it much easier for them. Especially the ones that are not seen on TV all the time like Alice in Wonderland and the character in that movie who do appear at some of the meals.

Upvote 0

KC82271

I think over the last 2.5 years, I have taken my DD (3 years old) out of at least every show once. From Nemo, to Philamagic, to Tiki Birds, we have walked right to the Exit sign and had no problems getting out. Just make sure when you go in, you try to enter first, and go all the way to the end. This makes escaping easy. Bugs Life, Little Mermaid, Playhouse Disney, Lion King, and those mentioned above all have exits clearly marked.

Upvote 0

kelsar

Just be aware that the dreadful "Stitch's Great Escape" is not only very scary for little ones, but once the show begins everyone is strapped down. Not only can you not leave, you can't even comfort your child. My advice: Skip this one.

Upvote 0

landauh

Just be aware that the dreadful "Stitch's Great Escape" is not only very scary for little ones, but once the show begins everyone is strapped down. Not only can you not leave, you can't even comfort your child. My advice: Skip this one.

This is not correct. You are not "strapped down," the DNA scanner (harness) can be easily lifted during the show. Also the CM will ask the parent of any child that is screaming if they wish to leave.

Please note that you should not get up out of your seat without CM assistance as you can be hit by the overhead cannons.

I work the attraction and remove many adults and children that are frightened of the show.

Upvote 0

diddy_mouse

I have seen people leaving ITTBAB on more than one occasion. They actually let you know where the exit is before the show starts just in case you have to sneek out and make your escape. :)

Upvote 0

Rob562

Definitely seek out the closest CM usher at certain live shows, such as Festival of the Lion King and Finding Nemo, as there are times where the cast performers perform in the aisles/walkways. (And in the case of Nemo, there are actually curtains that are drawn across the mid-level entrance and exit doors just before the show to allow more concealed entry and exits for the cast)

And as another poster suggested, at 3D movies or shows where they tell you to move all the way across the theater, try to be among the first to enter the theater so that you can sit on the far end and make a quick exit if necessary. (Otherwise, you'll have to climb over people in the dark trying to exit with a crying child)

-Rob

Upvote 0

NewfieFan

I have seen people leaving ITTBAB on more than one occasion. They actually let you know where the exit is before the show starts just in case you have to sneek out and make your escape. :)

I do recommend skipping that one as well! I didn't even bother to take my children in there as I heard some horror stories... anyways, I saw the show twice (loved it) but it is NOT for children (unless you have some seriously tough kids)! Both shows that I went to had screaming (and I mean screaming) kids - it was awful to listen to. All I could imagine was my own children. The poor kids were terrified!

Upvote 0

Jay & Sue

Last week a woman made her crying (about 7 year old) daughter go on Mission Space green even though the child obviously did not want to. The poor kid screamed through the entire ride and there was no way out. I heard about it from a person who was on the ride at the time but I did not see the event as I was riding orange. If I had seen and heard it, I would have had a few words for her.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom