Is there a reason why Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin is so filthy?

Surfin' Tuna

Is it possible all of the trash in the queue is from cheer teams dropping it for good luck in their cheer competitions?

People are certainly less respectful and more willing to litter in the parks than in the past, but I do think Disney could do a better job of cleaning. I used to love how clean they kept the parks, and I would always see someone actively picked up litter. Now, it is a rarity to see someone with a broom. The first time I saw Space Mountain with the lights on I was blown away at the filth, but it is a dark attraction. Buzz is a whole other animal. The queue is not just dirty, but it just has the grimy feel about it. The problem is we will all keep going and Disney knows it.

Surfin' Tuna

One of the theories about all the hair ties on EE was the cheerleaders throwing them there for good luck in cheer competitions. This is why I shouldn't internet at 230am.

matt9112

I think this has more to do with the maturity of patrons vs Disney. Yes, Disney can do much to improve it. However, WDW can do absolutely nothing with the "me" people that go there.

Maybe Disney could enforce proper behavior? I blame Disney for the types of guests they allow to act the way they do. As long as you pay Disney doesn't really enforce much minus asking you not to do it....gently. saw a kid urinate in bushes by rock n roller coaster. cm asked him not too....like really? Your not going to toss his garbage family out?

Surfin' Tuna

One would think that if it's a criminal offense off property Disney might get the nerve up to toss people out of the park. That's just ridiculous! People should know better and should teach their kids not to litter all over the place, but I also think Disney should set an example. If people know they can get away with something, they'll do it. That's just the society today. If he had gone inside Buzz Lightyear that would have really made the CMs angry; it would have left a clean spot on some of the attraction. We can't have that!

Lets Respect

I never saw Buzz's problem as the trash. We all know how it gets there and it does get picked up eventually
It's that the whole thing is grimy. The ride vehicles, the queue, everything. It's nasty

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I never saw Buzz's problem as the trash. We all know how it gets there and it does get picked up eventually
It's that the whole thing is grimy. The ride vehicles, the queue, everything. It's nasty

It doesnt appear out of thin air, just imagine exactly how many pairs of hands it takes to deposit that amount of shed skin cells and snacks it takes to reach that level..

Seabasealpha1

Why is Space Ranger Spin so dirty?

Huh...You might...Might as well ask, why's the yeti broke? Why's imagination suck? Why don't they take care of the attractions?

...it's not what you want...it's those TDO losers...

maxresdefault.jpg

jimbo mack

I don't recall seeing litter on my last visit in the Buzz Lightyear queue but I do remember how grubby / grimey the ride was and thinking this would never happen in the 80's and 90's

Surfin' Tuna

It doesnt appear out of thin air, just imagine exactly how many pairs of hands it takes to deposit that amount of shed skin cells and snacks it takes to reach that level..

I know my kid will make me go on this ride on Wednesday, and I am going to be thinking about this the whole ride. The one ride you have to touch things, because we have to defeat Zurg...skin cells, dirty hands, spilled drinks, germs... I'm really going to enjoy myself. Maybe if we all just started taking our own cleaning supplies and cleaning as we ride it would help a little bit.

drizgirl

I know my kid will make me go on this ride on Wednesday, and I am going to be thinking about this the whole ride. The one ride you have to touch things, because we have to defeat Zurg...skin cells, dirty hands, spilled drinks, germs... I'm really going to enjoy myself. Maybe if we all just started taking our own cleaning supplies and cleaning as we ride it would help a little bit.
And maybe we can all empty at least one trash can every day. Voila! Problem solved.

Maybe Disney could start a $120 upsell event where people get to stay after hours to help clean the park!

Or Disney could stop cutting CM hours and staff the parks at a level that will keep things clean.

AndrewsJ

In the past few years, I've noticed (and I've seen that a lot of you on here have as well) that Buzz is totally gross. Trash in the queue, grime and mold in the attraction, etc. the use of black lights certainly does not help. Over the last serval years, I've seen a drastic improvement over show upkeep in almost all attractions except for this singular one (most noticeably Splash Mountain, It's a Small World, and Tiki Room) So what is keeping this attraction from getting some upkeep?
Glad I'm not the only one! I have no idea why though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom