Is the parks going to be open in May of this year and is there going to be screening done at the hotels.

lissa_hulshizer

So are we going to have screening for the virus before people arrive at the hotels and before they are able to go to their rooms? And are you sure that they will be open in May of this year because I have a honeymoon planned and I would love not wanting to reschedule it.

Whippet Mom

Then we need to say screw it to Disney then am I correct. Then Disney need to reschedule people’s times give them free air fair and all of that because I just wasted in you way of thinking like 400.00 on a plane ticket to go to their parks and then 2k on the resort and my package. They need to refund me all of my money including my air fair and btw that it wasn’t included and I won’t even receive half of that back. So do you think they will do all that for me?
Are you kidding? Why in the world do you think they owe you airfare? THey did not cause this virus & they are losing millions & millions shutting down. If you have issues with airfare take it up with the airlines.. Time to put on your big girl pants..

Upvote 0

Whippet Mom

Poor you. I spent yesterday ransacking my outpatient family med office, hoping to find some overlooked Personal Protective Equipment. We found 100 face fields, 3 packs of gowns, and 5 N95 masks. The director of our testing center nearly cried.

It’s ok to be frustrated about cancellations but your sense of entitlement disgusts me. Your trip is a trivial drop in the bucket, and it’s not Disney’s fault they need to stay closed to prevent the spread of a deadly virus. Be thankful your son will have more birthdays. There are going to be many who will not have any more birthdays.

Would you like to know what I’ll be doing next week on Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday? Swabbing. Swabbing for Covid. Swabbing for Covid for 8 hours straight.

I’m hopeful I’ll get a lunch break and a few bathroom breaks. Maybe.

And because Ive been asked to do swabbing, I won’t be able to be in my own office to see my own patients. I’m suspending my practice to do this and letting other partners overtake their care. It’s really hard for me to accept this but the testing center is where I’m needed right now. And this is going to go on indefinitely but at least through the end of April.

I also have two younger brothers in healthcare. None of us will go near our parents for the next few months so as to protect them.

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE

-A tired doctor
Thank you for all you are doing for us... We cancelled our November trip (I have Autoimmune Disease) But I know when this virus is gone WDW will still be there.. We have to look at the big picture.. Health first! Again Thank you 🥰

Upvote 0

tinker-ella

Ok, then don’t create a thread on a discussion board maybe?

Disney has NO control over COVID-19. The reason why the parks are closed is literally 0% Disney’s fault.
Orange County has issued a Stay-at-Home order through April 9th, at least. Disney has reinforced this order for all their cast members. You could be sure this will get extended again, if the numbers go up. :( This is a health emergency...sad as it is to see our plans ruined, it's better than getting sick or making others sick!!

Upvote 0

KBLovedDisney

Karen or Katie?
tenor.gif

Upvote 0

ELG13

Then we need to say screw it to Disney then am I correct. Then Disney need to reschedule people’s times give them free air fair and all of that because I just wasted in you way of thinking like 400.00 on a plane ticket to go to their parks and then 2k on the resort and my package. They need to refund me all of my money including my air fair and btw that it wasn’t included and I won’t even receive half of that back. So do you think they will do all that for me?
You can get your money back. Airlines will cancel for free, as will Disney. We are due to go in may as well and it is a simple button click for us for our hotel to be refunded. Chill. I know it sucks but I think trying to not let people die is a little more important. Perspective is everything these days.

Upvote 0

rwdavis2

Not a chance on the air fare unless you plead directly to the airline.

Upvote 0

JohnD

Usually I would say, "I'm going 5/25-5/30". Can't say that. Now, I have plans to go 5/25-5/30. I made my FP+ choices today (60 days out). Fingers crossed!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom