Is the parks going to be open in May of this year and is there going to be screening done at the hotels.

lissa_hulshizer

So are we going to have screening for the virus before people arrive at the hotels and before they are able to go to their rooms? And are you sure that they will be open in May of this year because I have a honeymoon planned and I would love not wanting to reschedule it.

donaldtoo

I will give this person a pass. Obviously they are looking for a place to vent. But Hun, this is your wake up call. You need to start thinking of alternative plans. Even if the parks open up, there may be severe restrictions in place.

No. No pass.
The OP wants Disney to compensate them for EVERYTHING, even for charges that Disney is not responsible for (airfare, etc.), and are totally out of Disney’s control.
Buy travel insurance next time. That would have helped.

Upvote 0

donaldtoo

BTW...
If Disney gave back every single cent of money for whatever Guests claimed they lost on a cancelled trip, out of their control, this is probably what would be left...

AEB95200-4328-4D61-A535-CA55AC892BEB.jpeg

Enjoy.......

Upvote 0

Tony the Tigger

Then we need to say screw it to Disney then am I correct. Then Disney need to reschedule people’s times give them free air fair and all of that because I just wasted in you way of thinking like 400.00 on a plane ticket to go to their parks and then 2k on the resort and my package. They need to refund me all of my money including my air fair and btw that it wasn’t included and I won’t even receive half of that back. So do you think they will do all that for me?
Disney does not owe you airfare.

Honestly, I’d postpone the wedding. And if your honeymoon is the biggest thing you have to complain about in a pandemic, thank your lucky stars. Some of us are worried about mortgages.

Upvote 0

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Then we need to say screw it to Disney then am I correct. Then Disney need to reschedule people’s times give them free air fair and all of that because I just wasted in you way of thinking like 400.00 on a plane ticket to go to their parks and then 2k on the resort and my package. They need to refund me all of my money including my air fair and btw that it wasn’t included and I won’t even receive half of that back. So do you think they will do all that for me?
Disney is not responsible to refund your airfare. This is a worldwide pandemic. Parks may or may not be open in May. Tens of thousands of us may be dead by then.

Try being respectful and not telling people who are trying to help you to “shut up”.

Upvote 0

Kiwiduck

Im sorry you may have to cancel your Honeymoon, this should be a very special time in your life and it is awful for you that it has been effected by this awful virus situation. Disney does have pretty generous cancellation options and it is worth contacting the airline as they may allow you to cancel or give you a credit.

Upvote 0

disney4life2008

You mean like Disney after hours so for an extra $129 I can stay at the parks until the time it should've been open till anyways? Done!👍

Exactly lol. There is no point in Disney after hours, just extend the hours by 3 like the old days. The park would empty out after the fireworks anyway. After hours is a ploy to cater to people who think that is a deal. Just like the desert parties, and any other so called premium experience.

Upvote 0

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Disney should allow you to reschedule your package. For the flights, that’s what insurance is for.

It’s also “are the parks” not “is the parks”.

Aside from that, it’s a family forum so I can’t reply as I’d like.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tohoyoho

It’s just frustrating and irritating! We planned and saved for three whole years to go. And this virus has to be the cause for everything to stop I can’t even hold my sons fist birthday part because of it.

Well.... my partner and I are sitting in the same boat! We also saved money for 3 1/2 years, making plans etc.

We want to go in sept./oct. but I don't think, this will happen

I can totally understand your fear and frustration about this.... believe me: Iam totally devastated too as the closures WILL expand! We are living in germany.... it can be possible, that we are not allowed to fly to the united states the whole year! So... even IF the parks are open at that time.... the possibility that we are not allowed to go is also there.
So.... I repeat: This sucks and we are allowed to be frustated and devastated!

BUT: I'm MORE afraid, what this virus is going to do with my loved ones, will we get sick (I'm a nurse so....I have to go to work, have a lot of people around me; the risk is high!) what is going to happen with the world, this thing will change everything!

THIS IS THE REAL PROBLEM RIGHT NOW! ALL THE OTHER STUFF IS A LUXURY THING! NOT IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!

We would love to go this year! But.... if not.... we have to deal with it and are willing to go next year in the same time period!

Our hope is, that disney shows goodwill so we can switch our holiday a year forward....

It would be perfect, if this would be possible.... we have QDP, 200$ Gift Card, Memory Maker etc..... it would be a shame, if we have to cancel it all and book everything from start on.... :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tohoyoho

Innocent until proven guilty.
No it's not! Te Coronavirus is a very bad thing right now!

There is absolutely no indication or hope, that the parks will reopen at this time! Everything is collapsing right now. You must be blind, if you are not seeing this horrible situation! People are dying or are going to die by this!

The ESC is cancelled, even the octoberfest is in discussion....

You can be lucky, if you are not experience this stuff by your own and the parks are going to open in the end of may or june!

Upvote 0

Giss Neric

No it's not! Te Coronavirus is a very bad thing right now!

There is absolutely no indication or hope, that the parks will reopen at this time! Everything is collapsing right now. You must be blind, if you are not seeing this horrible situation! People are dying or are going to die by this!

The ESC is cancelled, even the octoberfest is in discussion....

You can be lucky, if you are not experience this stuff by your own and the parks are going to open in the end of may or june!
I know there is a highly highly chance that nothing will open anytime soon but I just don't think like that. Everyday is different. Everyday there is something new whether good or bad. I just like to be optimistic in general and not in full anxiety/the world is ending mode all the time.

Upvote 0

LittleBuford

I know there is a highly highly chance that nothing will open anytime soon but I just don't think like that. Everyday is different. Everyday there is something new whether good or bad. I just like to be optimistic in general and not in full anxiety/the world is ending mode all the time.

It’s not a question of optimism or pessimism. It’s about understanding the situation as it currently stands and the measures that are being taken to stop things getting worse. To hope that the parks will reopen in ten days is like hoping that a broken arm will heal in a week. There comes a point where accepting a harsh reality is better than living in impossible hope.

Upvote 0

seascape

Disney should allow you to reschedule your package. For the flights, that’s what insurance is for.

It’s also “are the parks” not “is the parks”.

Aside from that, it’s a family forum so I can’t reply as I’d like.
You should understand that 99.9% of the business interruption insurane does not cover this type of interruption. Only insurance that includes pandemics will cover business shut downs.

Upvote 0

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
You should understand that 99.9% of the business interruption insurane does not cover this type of interruption. Only insurance that includes pandemics will cover business shut downs.
You should understand if your flight is cancelled and the airline gives no joy you should ask your credit card provider for a section 75 refund. That’s your insurance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bubbles1812

It’s just frustrating and irritating! We planned and saved for three whole years to go. And this virus has to be the cause for everything to stop I can’t even hold my sons fist birthday part because of it.
Poor you. I spent yesterday ransacking my outpatient family med office, hoping to find some overlooked Personal Protective Equipment. We found 100 face fields, 3 packs of gowns, and 5 N95 masks. The director of our testing center nearly cried.

It’s ok to be frustrated about cancellations but your sense of entitlement disgusts me. Your trip is a trivial drop in the bucket, and it’s not Disney’s fault they need to stay closed to prevent the spread of a deadly virus. Be thankful your son will have more birthdays. There are going to be many who will not have any more birthdays.

Would you like to know what I’ll be doing next week on Monday, Thursday, Saturday, and Sunday? Swabbing. Swabbing for Covid. Swabbing for Covid for 8 hours straight.

I’m hopeful I’ll get a lunch break and a few bathroom breaks. Maybe.

And because Ive been asked to do swabbing, I won’t be able to be in my own office to see my own patients. I’m suspending my practice to do this and letting other partners overtake their care. It’s really hard for me to accept this but the testing center is where I’m needed right now. And this is going to go on indefinitely but at least through the end of April.

I also have two younger brothers in healthcare. None of us will go near our parents for the next few months so as to protect them.

GET SOME PERSPECTIVE

-A tired doctor

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom